Can I pack a small travel steamer?

The bathrooms in the cabins are so small, we've found that running hot water in the shower with the door closed was enough to take wrinkles out of anything.

I now welcome the Water Conservation crowd to flame me.:evilsmile:

The bathrooms in the cabins are so small, we've found that running hot water in the shower with the door closed was enough to take wrinkles out of anything.

I now welcome the Water Conservation crowd to flame me.:evilsmile:

Well we don't post on Cruise Critic without expecting some heat, do we? :rolleyes:

Not only do I sometimes run the shower hot to get out wrinkles, I also request fresh towels every day on vacation! :eek:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If people have got one through it's down to luck as cases should be scanned!

I took one on our first cruise on Liberty, my case was held in security down bottom deck, I didn't realise for hours until our stateroom attendant suggested I phone there.

The iron was confiscated & I had to retrieve it on the last night.

Not worth the hassle - your on holiday, leave the ironing till you get home ;)

Ally

And it made it through each time? Did you put it in your carry-on, or in your checked bag?

First time was accidental. I bought 4 of them in NJ at the outlet mall before Quamtum cruise(for my kids ) obviously we're checked them in our bags and never heard a peep. If they do take it I won't be devastated(it turns out I have 3 more at home 😀)

To be clear officially a no go

If it helps I leave it in its original box when I do travel.

• 2 years later...
On 4/4/2017 at 8:06 AM, CanadaRob said:

First time was accidental. I bought 4 of them in NJ at the outlet mall before Quamtum cruise(for my kids ) obviously we're checked them in our bags and never heard a peep. If they do take it I won't be devastated(it turns out I have 3 more at home 😀)

To be clear officially a no go

If it helps I leave it in its original box when I do travel.

Hello Rob (I'm from Canada too)!

We brought this on our cruise, but it was in 2011.  Is this similar to what you have?

tobi-portable-handheld-travel-steamer-iron-500x500.jpg

We used to bring one, while they work really well however, we realized how heavy ours was; this last cruise we did, just took a small travel size bottle of wrinkle ease (Downy brand) and it was just as good.

On 4/3/2017 at 6:49 PM, micmacmissy said:

It's a little handheld one.

Never mind smuggling alcohol- I will happily pay a huge markup on that. But I DO want to get my steamer onboard! :evilsmile:

Any suggestions for a person with easily wrinkled formal night clothes???

Take your little handheld steamer. It will make it onbaord in your checked luggage. That piece of luggage won't be delivered to your cabin on embarkation day and you'll get an invitation to the naughty room, open your suit case, surrender your steamer and get the pleasure of schlepping your own suit case to your cabin. You'll get the steamer back at the end of the cruise. Or you may get lucky as others have posted. Let us know how it worked for you.  

19 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I wish chengkp would chime in to explain why the ban on steamers aa well as other fire hazards. 

Royal would ban everything with a heating element if they could get away with it, but hair appliances are currently the only exception.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Royal would ban everything with a heating element if they could get away with it, but hair appliances are currently the only exception.

He explains it well enough to maybe convince people not to smuggle banned electric appliances.