do you go on same cruise line or try different one?

hannymom

we were on the regal princess last january. we are going on another cruise this january. we loved the regal princess but should we try another cruise line? or stay with what we know is good. were thinking maybe celebrity or norwegian husband and i are in our early sixties. more interested in ship than ports thank you

Personally, I think variety beats loyalty. You mentioned Celebrity and I think that's a great choice after your Princess cruise. Try to get on a Solstice Class ship or maybe even on the new Celebrity Edge. I predict you'll like it even more than Regal.

NCL isn't bad, but they're a step down, in my opinion.

We prefer variety over loyalty too. We make our cruise decision based on the ship that best fits our vacation wants at the price we are willing to pay. Our wants and our budget are different for ever vacation. The key is to do your research. Even if it is a line you have sailed before, research would tell you that change is a constant in the cruise industry, and what you enjoyed before may be different today. While some people may profess their loyalty to a cruise line, cruise lines are not loyal to any individuals....that would be impossible based on the number and variety of people that sail with them. Then these cruisers get hurt and angry when "their" cruise line makes changes that impact their enjoyment. It's nothing personal on the cruise lines part... it's just business for them. Which is the way we should look at it. A cruise is a product we purchase. Do your research and choose the best product for you.

As you can see from my signature we sail with all of them. We do have our favorites (Princess and Celebrity) and line we probably won't use anymore - Carnival (we honestly tried three times)

Downside is ... we are reaching cruise lines statuses (perks) slower.

Upside is variety and convenience.

Enjoy your cruises.

Although we have favorites--have cruised Princess the most, followed by Celebrity--we like variety too. We choose cruises more by itinerary and price than by what line. Having sailed on about 7 different lines, haven't had a bad cruise yet.

I would get bored, I think, if we would only sail on one line.

While "loyalty" perks are nice, the itinerary, service and real price are decision points for me. I am not going to buy something at the supermarket just because I have some great coupon if it is not what I want - so the same principle applies to cruising. It is inconceivable that one line could always provide what I am looking for at the time I start looking.

We always like to cruise on Celebrity because of the familiarity of the ships across the board, but we are stepping out on an RCCL cruise next August. Already, I'm wonder where their Martini Bar and Mast Grill are. Ha, Ha.

If you have only been on one line try some others until you find the one that suits YOU best

We tried a few & found one that works for us now we stick with them

YMMV

We've tried Carnival, Princess, Holland America and RCI. We enjoyed every one of them. Lately we have been doing Princess.

I am going to be choosing based on itinerary when I finally get to do our Baltic cruise.

As you can tell from my signature, we've cruised with RCI for the first five we've taken. Mainly, the price, perks, and itinerary worked for me.

Our 6th and bucket list cruise will be on RCI in Alaska, and our second bucket list cruise for Hawaii will be with NCL as their itinerary is better.

Princess is our favorite cruise line (of the ones we can afford), followed by Holland America and then Celebrity. We also have sailed on Royal Caribbean, Carnival, and Norwegian. The problem now is that we're at the top of the loyalty level for Princess and it's hard for us to give up the perks that come with that. I tend to consider them against the price of cruises on other lines--what it is worth to have free laundry, free internet minutes, free mini bar items, etc. But our most recent cruise was back on a Holland America ship because the price was so much better than taking a similar itinerary on Princess at that time. We had a great time, and it was good to have some variety in our lives. We're back to Princess for our cruise next month. I'm looking at Princess, Holland America, and Celebrity for a December cruise that will fit our schedule.

I agree largely with Geoherb. We are primarily Princess cruisers and the perks are a big reason for that. Recently we took a Caribbean jaunt on the Celebrity Equinox. The Equinox sails from Miami (close enough for us to drive) and the offers were tough to beat - or resist!

We had a great time on only our 2nd Celebrity cruise in 17 years.

We assumed, correctly, that the Celebrity experience would be similar to Princess but we really appreciated the differences.

We have heard and read that Holland may be worth a return trip - our first, about 20 yeats ago on the old Westerdam didn't go well. But things change!

Our next trip is booked on Princess and we are looking forward to it, but we're also looking around now more than we have in recent years.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I have sailed on five cruise lines that are still in existence. Each had at least one thing that I liked better than the others. Try some different lines and then you can decide if there is one that you want to be loyal to or a number that you would cruise on.

We cruise itinerary rather than cruise line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same here. Which cruise line to use only comes up after we decide which area we would like to visit.

Different lines would give your holiday a different identity to the last and make it more memorable I think. Also you might be missing something great that another line does that yours doesn't if you fix with one. Just need to research well to make sure you're still buying what suits your needs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

I would only cruise Holland America, if they would just vary their itineraries!

Tried a small "liner-like" line that is no longer in existence, and tried NCL and would never sail them again no matter the itinerary... They were so bad it was humorous.

Been sailing HAL since I was 42 or 43. We like how they treat passengers, the ambience of the ships, and the spacious rooms right down to most insides! But, I was lured to book RCI by an unusual itinerary as seen in my signature.

Have considered Princess, but to get seating for two in the cabin, you have to book a mini-suite or up; this gives me a sad face. :(

Orient Lines (1), NCL (1), HAL (5 so far).

Plus Yangtze River (and another booked) and two Russian River cruises on the Vodohod Rus.

I'm not loyal to any one line. We have cruised mostly on Carnival for convenience - they sail out of NYC/Manhattan. I did one RCCL and wasn't wild about it. I also wasn't crazy about sailing from Bayonne.

We prefer smaller ships but the mainstream lines are all building mega ships and the smaller ships in their inventories are aging fast, though we do like the Pride out of Baltimore. It's a nice port and we can drive there.

I have been looking into the more upscale lines that do seem to be building smaller ships. While price is always a consideration. it's not a primary one.

We recently did a Viking river cruise and absolutely loved it - a completely different experience altogether, but fabulous.

Viking is building new smaller ocean ships at a fast pace and we are booked on the Viking Sea for a West Indies cruise. We are also flying to cruise - something we thought we wouldn't do. If the Viking Ocean experience is as wonderful as the river cruise in terms of the way they treat you and the ambience on the ships, we will be doing a lot more sailing with them.

We are already booked on another river cruise.

But we are open to other lines that have smaller ships for the ocean experience and new itineraries. I do think we will be concentrating our bookings with Viking.

My advice is to be open to new options and opportunities. If you do like a line or itinerary, by all means enjoy, but don't close the door because of some loyalty. These are big corporations and they don't really care about you for the most part. They care about their bottom line in the end. Such is the nature of the corporate beast [emoji16]

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

For years, I was loyal to one cruise line, until I decided to try something new. Ever since, I've made it a point to try as many cruise lines as possible without repeating the same one two times in a row. It's probably the best cruise related decision I've ever made. It's wonderful to, not only try varied itineraries, but to step on a completely different ship each time and discover what sets it apart from others.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For years, I was loyal to one cruise line, until I decided to try something new. Ever since, I've made it a point to try as many cruise lines as possible without repeating the same one two times in a row. It's probably the best cruise related decision I've ever made. It's wonderful to, not only try varied itineraries, but to step on a completely different ship each time and discover what sets it apart from others.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I couldn't agree more! You hit the nail on the head!