Crystal Blocks

Noreen411

8 hours ago, Tagsalong said:

Four couples had their Pinnacle presentations yesterday in the VCL and they were given the blocks.

I'll check with LA to see if other milestones are receiving them.

On his Happs broadcast, CLR showed the Adventure block he got for hitting 630 points. Was waiting in his cabin on day 1.

1 minute ago, mac_tlc said:

On his Happs broadcast, CLR showed the Adventure block he got for hitting 630 points. Was waiting in his cabin on day 1.

Miss his reviews here on CC. Very entertaining.

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Wonder if he reached 630 based on double points. With the double promo he must be a few cruises away from the big 700.  

Curious if they are doing the math to determine if a block threshold is crossed and including the 2x in their calculation.  Many times in the past when solo they didn't factor in the double unless you talked to them and pointed it out.  With 2x, 4x and even 6x for solo suites on the table I'm curious if they are being proactive when deciding who is block eligible.

9 minutes ago, TheConstantCruiser said:

Wonder if he reached 630 based on double points. With the double promo he must be a few cruises away from the big 700.  

Curious if they are doing the math to determine if a block threshold is crossed and including the 2x in their calculation.  Many times in the past when solo they didn't factor in the double unless you talked to them and pointed it out.  With 2x, 4x and even 6x for solo suites on the table I'm curious if they are being proactive when deciding who is block eligible.

Points are points😉

And if they screw up the math, just call and request one. Easier to get home😁

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheConstantCruiser said:

Absolutely, just wondering if he needed the double to get there or not and if they are being that proactive.

No idea, maybe he was in a suite and got 42 points

1 hour ago, TheConstantCruiser said:

Yes, Last 10yrs have only Cruised 10+ niters doing B4B or longer and Solo. Always behind on my Double points and get new Block later getting 1-2 a yr normally 6-12months late. Can't imagine the Double-Double points I'll get will be more accurate

I only keep the blocks that I earned on the ship.  It's a fond memory of that cruise.  If it's a duplicate...I always give them away.  

I can collect a beautiful sea shell, a colorful stone on the beach, or sea glass/drift wood etc.  It's the memory of that find.  At the same time, I know I can buy them cheap at a tourist trap shop, but simply not the same.  😉 

All IMHO of course.  🙂  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, island lady said:

I only keep the blocks that I earned on the ship.  It's a fond memory of that cruise.  If it's a duplicate...I always give them away.  

I can collect a beautiful sea shell, a colorful stone on the beach, or sea glass/drift wood etc.  It's the memory of that find.  At the same time, I know I can buy them cheap at a tourist trap shop, but simply not the same.  😉 

All IMHO of course.  🙂  

I am not as selective as you are.   I collect blocks for any ship for which I've sailed.  That opens the door for a nice variety for us. 

M

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I am not as selective as you are.   I collect blocks for any ship for which I've sailed.  That opens the door for a nice variety for us. 

M

I agree.  I trade my duplicates for ships that I have sailed.  I currently have 27 different ship blocks and I have sailed on each of those ships.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

M

I agree. I'm sure I wouldn't turn down a block either though I wouldn't be so excited about a block for a ship that I had not been on.

• Like 2

With the new promotion we should get a block for over 280 for our next cruise.  I’ll have to remember to ask.  Is it every 70?  Sorry but I can’t remember.  

So far no duplicates but I’ll try to plan for the next one...lol.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 12:17 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

M

I am trying to keep them to a minimum.  Too many to dust around.  😉 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

With the new promotion we should get a block for over 280 for our next cruise.  I’ll have to remember to ask.  Is it every 70?  Sorry but I can’t remember.  

So far no duplicates but I’ll try to plan for the next one...lol.

Yes, every 70 after you hit 140

Basically every 3rd cruise for solo folks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Yes we rarely book suites and have earned them one night at a time. I’m sure we will never be P.  That’s ok.

Never say never.  😉 

Edited by island lady

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Yes we rarely book suites and have earned them one night at a time. I’m sure we will never be P.  That’s ok.

I used to think that too, but we've decided to play the long game.  We will just continue cruising as long as we can and maybe we will make Pinnacle. Check back in 8-12 years.