Hairspray on Symphony

I saw Hairspray on Oasis and now will again on Symphony

I saw Mamma Mia on Quantum and again on Allure

I saw Grease on Harmony (twice) and again on Independence next week!!

I saw Saturday Night Fever on Liberty - now that was bad!!

I was hoping for Jersey Boys but I understand that the NCL Bliss has got there first; I saw Legally Blonde on NCL Getaway (I think) and that was well done.

(y)<3(y)

I was told by someone I thought was a reliable source that it was going to be "Les Miserables" or "Les Miz". So when I saw Hairspray....I rejoiced.

Even though I enjoyed the Les Miz on Broadway.....I felt it was a bit HEAVY for a cruise ship.

Of course I wish Royal would of purchased Jersey Boys or Wicked for Symphony. That would if been Super Fantastic!!

Still love ya.....Skiiergirl!! Hope to see ya in the future.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Well, I won't be watching it. An extra 2 hours investigating the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever Royal picks, there are going to be happy people and unhappy people.

Personally I thought Chicago was a bad choice for a family ship. It's not kid appropriate and cuts off a lot from seeing it.

I'm ok with Hairspray and think it's a good choice based on being upbeat fun musical that can be watched by all age groups...but like others am surprised that Royal picked a show that they have used already. I would have loved Wicked but it seems like a hard one to do (well) on a cruise ship.

Of the Freedom Class ships I was under the impression that only Liberty (Saturday Night Fever) and Independence (Grease) do have a Broadway musical. The Freedom so far has nothing. Would have been nice to move Hairspray to the Freedom and get something really new for the Symphony.

steamboats

How can they make it bigger. The original version on Oasis was the full show complete with intermission, the new shows are all the shortened Vegas ones. Will they give Symphony the full length show or a shortened one?

Saw Hairspray twice on Oasis. I don't recall it ever having an intermission. Both times, it was 90 minutes long.

Of the Freedom Class ships I was under the impression that only Liberty (Saturday Night Fever) and Independence (Grease) do have a Broadway musical. The Freedom so far has nothing. Would have been nice to move Hairspray to the Freedom and get something really new for the Symphony.

Perhaps I was mistaken. I could've sworn it moved to Freedom after Oasis. Hmm. Sorry bout that.

I wonder who was clamoring for Hairspray on Symphony? :confused:

Definitely not us! While having Hairspray as our Broadway show will not in any way ruin our cruise on Symphony, there is a pretty good chance we won't bother to go see it. It will give us more time to do other things on the ship we might not have time to do otherwise.

Love you my friend....but I see it differently! Was hoping for something new. Hairspray is "been there done that" on RC! Just exhibits another cost-cutting measure by RC since they already have the set, costumes, etc!

Count me in with the disappointed folks. I've seen Hairspray often enough. Even a new, expanded version will not thrill me. I can't believe Royal would recycle a former theater show when there are so many more theater shows worth considering.

I agree completely with both of the posters quoted above.

How can they make it bigger. The original version on Oasis was the full show complete with intermission, the new shows are all the shortened Vegas ones. Will they give Symphony the full length show or a shortened one?

On the Oasis it was 90 min without an intermission.

steamboats

On the Oasis it was 90 min without an intermission.

steamboats

Hopefully Hairspray will be the full show then. That would make sense with the comment about 'bigger then ever' (if I'm remembering the wording correctly). I know Mamma Mia on Allure is the full show. Is Grease the full show or a shortened version?