Celebrity Perks when booking on a cruise?

jmk22

We will be sailing on Celebrity in a few months and we are planning a Celebrity cruise for next year as well. I know Celebrity offers perks as an inducement to rebook while you are onboard. I was wondering if anyone on a recent cruise booked another one while on the ship. What were the perks they offered? We're trying to decide to book next year's cruise now, while the price is good, or wait and book on the ship. Since it will be a few months before we sail, there's a good chance the price will increase some before then.

Thanks in advance for any information

We will be sailing on Celebrity in a few months and we are planning a Celebrity cruise for next year as well. I know Celebrity offers perks as an inducement to rebook while you are onboard. I was wondering if anyone on a recent cruise booked another one while on the ship. What were the perks they offered? We're trying to decide to book next year's cruise now, while the price is good, or wait and book on the ship. Since it will be a few months before we sail, there's a good chance the price will increase some before then.

Is it a US booking?

A reduced deposit was offered and additional OBC for booking on board which is dependent on which type of room you choose.

Not if it’s a U.K. booking onboard, which is why asked which country the OP is booking through - different T&C.

You can choose 2 from 4, suites get the 4. OBC, Gratuities, Internet and Beverages Classic Pkg. Normally the OBC is bigger than a TA or Direct. Also they offer a 10% discount on shorex for future cruises.

The perks are not offered on all sailings. Transatlantic, Transpacific and repositioning cruises don’t normally have perks even when you book onboard. We did once get prepaid gratuities for booking a Transatlantic cruise while on a Transatlantic.

I'm sorry to say that one of the very few SERIOUS complaints we've had on Celebrity ships has been with the staff of the future cruise dept.

Each of the three times I've gone to speak with them, I explained the same thing: We book inside or OV cabins, even GTY. Whatever the minimum is to get the alcohol package and ppd gratuities.

It goes down hill from there. I end up feeling like I'm shopping for a used Hyundai in a BMW dealership. And I don't appreciate it. It's happened three separate times, and no, I am not imagining things.

I'm delighted to say that any deal I've ever been offered while on the ship was beat by my usual online TA.

We just booked another cruise for 2020 while on board Solstice last week

we were offered 2 of the following

1) Classic beverage package

2) Unlimited internet package

3) $200 US on board credit

we chose the beverage package and the on board credit

Booked another cruise while on the Equinox in March. Did the go better and selected the BP and Gratuities. Also received $250.00 OBC (for booking onboard),reduced deposit and a veterans discount. Also we were given a bottle of wine and a few other small gifts.

We just booked another cruise for 2020 while on board Solstice last week

we were offered 2 of the following

1) Classic beverage package

2) Unlimited internet package

3) $200 US on board credit

we chose the beverage package and the on board credit

What perks did you have for the GBR cruise? I'm assuming you booked through a TA.

What perks did you have for the GBR cruise? I'm assuming you booked through a TA.

Yes the GBR cruise we also had the beverage package and $300 USD OBC - we booked it from a T/A 9-10 months ago

This cruise we booked direct from the ship future cruise office

We just got off the Equinox yesterday and here is the flyer regarding perks available for booking onboard. And we did book another cruise while on board for next February (which will be transferred to a travel agent for additional perks).

s2sa45.jpg.ebed6eed116c3b7b4de425a87f1ba8c9.jpg

dbtco7.jpg.e546bc9e36d393a69aed4de054371edc.jpg

Fairly standard, but very misleading.

The reduced deposit and Special booking on board credit is only available for booking on board. Nice benefit.

But to say that the perks (Big, Better, Best) is exclusively available for on board booking is either very misleading or not truthful. In most cases (if not all cases) you can get the same perks when you pay the bundled prices which is the same price when booking at home. Check on line for free when you are on the cruise.

I suspect Celebrity and the TAs love the BBB pricing, because most people do not understand where the “perk” originates.

“When booking on board” is not the same as “for booking on board”

^ I'm curious. I've previously been informed that it isn't possible to combine veteran/senior//other discount with any other promotion? I've also never heard of X offering a bottle of wine or other small 'gifts'...

You have now! We did a B2B cruise on the Equinox 24 March and 31 March of this year.The bottle of wine and three small gifts was an offer for only those booking on the first day of the cruise. The Future Cruise Associate asked if I was a Veteran. I told her I am a Vietnam Veteran and she applied the Veterans discount and our Elite stateroom upgraded after we choose our two perks (the perk choices weren't exclusive to booking onboard) to come up with the total cruise price. Also a $250.00 OBC for booking onboard. Nothing new there. We have never received wine or other gifts for booking onboard in the past. Might have been an Equinox only thing. Didn't ask. We are already had a cruise in mind we planned on booking so we jumped on the offer immediately. It's always a good idea to read the Celebrity Today when you first board the ship.

Edited by davekathy

We usually get a " post thank you "offer of onboard credit for next cruise in an email after we get back home. $150 per cabin. Would booking a future cruise while onboard be a better deal than waiting for the post offer when we get home?

Laura

We usually get a " post thank you "offer of onboard credit for next cruise in an email after we get back home. $150 per cabin. Would booking a future cruise while onboard be a better deal than waiting for the post offer when we get home?

Laura

Depends on the number of nights you're planning on cruising and stateroom type.

I'm sorry to say that one of the very few SERIOUS complaints we've had on Celebrity ships has been with the staff of the future cruise dept.

Each of the three times I've gone to speak with them, I explained the same thing: We book inside or OV cabins, even GTY. Whatever the minimum is to get the alcohol package and ppd gratuities.

It goes down hill from there. I end up feeling like I'm shopping for a used Hyundai in a BMW dealership. And I don't appreciate it. It's happened three separate times, and no, I am not imagining things.

I'm delighted to say that any deal I've ever been offered while on the ship was beat by my usual online TA.

I can relate. Decided to go to an onboard destination talk given by one of the staff of the Future Cruise department. It was on a destination I had already been to (Alaska) but wanted to see if he had anything new to say. Sad to say not only was the presentation practically worthless, he gave several points of misinformation (for example, telling people Alaska does not get very cold - it ranges from 60 degrees to 80 degrees. Yes it can be 60, and we had 80 once in Ketchikan but that range is definitely not the norm and yes, it can get very cold the further north you get or the closer you get to the glacier!!). . Honestly I could have done a better job giving the presentation myself, I kid you not.

I can relate. Decided to go to an onboard destination talk given by one of the staff of the Future Cruise department. It was on a destination I had already been to (Alaska) but wanted to see if he had anything new to say. Sad to say not only was the presentation practically worthless, he gave several points of misinformation (for example, telling people Alaska does not get very cold - it ranges from 60 degrees to 80 degrees. Yes it can be 60, and we had 80 once in Ketchikan but that range is definitely not the norm and yes, it can get very cold the further north you get or the closer you get to the glacier!!). . Honestly I could have done a better job giving the presentation myself, I kid you not.

A little off topic...sorry!

This reminded me of a couple who book TA's and try to get others to book their own very special tours to help them(couple) pay for their cruises. They get their prey to visit them, as they give their spiels about what to see and do...just do not bother with them and you will come out much better in the long run!

For some reason CC nor Celebrity cares to do anything about them and so their shenanigans continue, as they capture their prey! I will have to say that they argue more than anything else and are late to their own meeting places on board before their tours...there are no refunds and the number on the tours is way more than what they tell you. Once again, I will most likely get flamed for sharing this by CC, but IMHO, it is NOT a fair practice and should be stopped! He usually crashes the roll call and then the "magic" happens on TA's mostly...sorry, but this brought it to my mind, so I had to post!

Edited by Lastdance

Laura

I have learned a lesson to book another cruise while on board that you MAY take or you could transfer for something unplanned. All 4 of us couples booked New Zealand-Australia 2020 which we plan on doing and 2 booked the Mediterranean for next year. So now we’ve found the 12 night Summit out of San Juan next January and All decided to do that and they could transfer their booking and the $200 OBC Since booking on board (Aqua)was including $200 OBC

Book the cruise you want now using the refundable deposit. Then when on board check out that cruise and others. If you feel that it is a better deal by booking on board then cancel the one you booked before sailing. If you cancel you can also arrange to keep the same cabin if you want.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Its something we have done before, but would never do it again.

We booked our upcoming Independence Day sailing on the Summit while we were on board the Equinox last March. We got the reduced deposit, drinks package, $300 OBC free gratuities and an additional $200 OBC for booking while on board.

Coming up to final payment I looked on line at the cruise price and found there had been a MASSIVE price drop. Told my TA to sort it out which, to his credit he did. Even after cancelling and rebooking which meant we lost the reduced deposit, and the additional $200 OBC we are still over $500 in pocket.

So thanks but no thanks

Its something we have done before, but would never do it again.

We booked our upcoming Independence Day sailing on the Summit while we were on board the Equinox last March. We got the reduced deposit, drinks package, $300 OBC free gratuities and an additional $200 OBC for booking while on board.

Coming up to final payment I looked on line at the cruise price and found there had been a MASSIVE price drop. Told my TA to sort it out which, to his credit he did. Even after cancelling and rebooking which meant we lost the reduced deposit, and the additional $200 OBC we are still over $500 in pocket.

So thanks but no thanks

I think you don't get it! You got a pretty good deal when you booked on board....which could be cancelled at any time, with no penalty up to final payment time. If the price went up, or stayed the same, you got a good deal booking on board. If the price goes down, as it did in this case, you just cancel the on-board booking and book a new cabin. In some cases, you don't even have to cancel and rebook....your TA can just get your price adjusted.

I don't see why this experience would have you saying "thanks but no thanks" or "something we've done before but never again"

I think you don't get it! You got a pretty good deal when you booked on board....which could be cancelled at any time, with no penalty up to final payment time. If the price went up, or stayed the same, you got a good deal booking on board. If the price goes down, as it did in this case, you just cancel the on-board booking and book a new cabin. In some cases, you don't even have to cancel and rebook....your TA can just get your price adjusted.

I don't see why this experience would have you saying "thanks but no thanks" or "something we've done before but never again"

Oh I get it. We are from the UK, the T&Cs are different. We never get automatic price drops as happens in the US.Had I not checked and paid the rate I booked I would have been paying a higher price. I wont be booking on board, and you know what , that's my choice