Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

13 hours ago, BigRoger said:

Folks reality is we are going round a bit in circles with the challenges here.

I think it depends on which site you look at (US vs UK for example) not just the odd cruise and even the type of cabin..... to answer the (slightly direct or maybe hostile) challenge from one delightful poster to mine saying it was a new policy.... the new policy is that looking at the uk site the costs of less impressive ships/ cruises are roughly about 50 per cent higher than this years and 2019 and I did give a few touch points: but to repeat for the hard of noting.... uk site

- Symphony 2c balcony transatlantic to Miami - equivalent of $1500 per person

- Independence 2020 (yes it’s a couple of nights more... before I’m lashed on that) - bottom level balcony....$2,400 per person.....

- Oasis 2019 TA to Barca 2C balcony $1,350 per person

- Independence 2020 to Southampton bottom end balcony $2,250 per person.....

Not going to pick you apart at all here, but just need to highlight that the while clearly the price points on these TAs are very different, you haven't demonstrated like for like. The TA's to Barcelona (and most other European ports) have been consistently less expensive than those to/from Southampton. Every year I hope for a convenient and affordable TA out of Southampton and year after year the prices are just so much higher than doing it out of Barcelona that we have ended up in or out of Barcelona the past few times. And likely will in the future, because the cost of one-way flights is still less expensive than the huge up-sale price hike for UK ports.

It's also true to say that the itineraries out of Southampton are in general priced much higher than the other European ports (apart, possibly, from the Baltic cruise itineraries although even there, generally speaking, the one or two itineraries from Southampton are more expensive than their counterparts out of Amsterdam or Copenhagen). I don't know why this necessarily is other than that they have found they can charge more, so they do. We have sailed out of Southampton once despite it being only 1hours drive from our home, simply because it's just that much more expensive to sail out of Southampton. 

Anyway, I do generally agree the TA prices have gone up year on year, possibly because they are becoming more popular, who knows. But there are still deals to be had and we keep one eye on the TAs just in case something comes up. We got a fabulous price on an OS on a Rhapsody TA this year and will treasure that cruise and experience for a long time.

2 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

A port entry for Nov 9, 2020 in the name of Radiance recently appeared in the Darwin port calendar (hat tip to springaussie).  https://portinfo.darwinport.com.au/webx/#

This entry, and the entry in the name of Vision in the Brisbane port calendar the correct number of sailing days later, led to speculation that Radiance will be home ported in Brisbane at the new terminal.  This theory is further supported by subsequent deployment announcements that prevent Vision sailing from Brisbane.  

I don‘t believe that she goes back to Australia. In that case they would have released the Transpacific cruise for fall 20 with the others. Maybe Explorer goes back after the med season but not Radiance.

Guest BigRoger

LondonGal

In the words of that great US thinker and social commentator Homer J Simpson 'Doh!'

I had hoped not to have to do more on this but unfortunately 'highlighting' is in reality 'picking apart' as you'll know... So (unfortunately) lets 'highlight' a few more points a wee bit:

1. There are currently no Barcelona headed or out of TAs for 2020 to compare with yet.... we will all do our sums on those next week. Then we can see the direct comparisons... and I guess continue this further... and further....

2. The point around Symphony was an example that this is the brand new pristine RCL ship on its blue riband 1st crossing - not Independence for its umpteenth time.... so it would be reasonably assumed Symphony would have attracted a major premium.

3. Oasis is another Oasis class ship (self evidently) (but not yet revitalised I know) but its very cheap and still not selling.

4. Re your points specifically re Soton - Independence's TA in May 2019 to Soton is priced at £1,200 pre C&A with big OBC versus May 2020 at £1,800.

5. Back to the US its TA is £1,600 with big IBC versus £1,900 no OBC for 2020.

6. We booked the 2019 Explorer TA to US in a Junior Suite with $500 OBC for less than the Independence lowest level balcony....    

My contention was solely that the pricing is horrible... which I believe is a consensus position..., but my contention was also that I do not believe (and evidence suggests) this is not a case of first announcement inconsistency in pricing, this is something more fundamental (I suspect re exchange rates planning).

Ps re US and UK comparison - just to share an aside... we can get a Junior Suite and OBC with the US TA for 2/3rds the equivalent price on the UK site on the Adventure sailing to CL!!!!!    

As the great man John lennon said.... War is over... and give peace a chance...

14 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

I don‘t believe that she goes back to Australia. In that case they would have released the Transpacific cruise for fall 20 with the others. Maybe Explorer goes back after the med season but not Radiance.

The theory is that Radiance will sail from Vancouver to Asia for dry dock and then to Brisbane.  Celebrity Eclipse is taking this route from Alaska to Melbourne.  Of course the entry in Darwin’s port calendar could be for another ship. 

• Like 1

BigRoger... you’re not wrong!

navigator 14n TA solo in a balcony cost me £1199 in April 2018

anthem 12n TA solo in a virtual balcony is currently £2300 for Nov 2020 !!

Will Allure TA and Med season be released this week? 

Edited by little britain

2 hours ago, little britain said:

BigRoger... you’re not wrong!

navigator 14n TA solo in a balcony cost me £1199 in April 2018

anthem 12n TA solo in a virtual balcony is currently £2300 for Nov 2020 !!

Will Allure TA and Med season be released this week? 

You putting a virtual balcony on the same level as a real balcony???😱👎

Guest BigRoger

Yep Allure is potentially coming next week or maybe even earlier... on another message board site which cannot be named a poster in the US found it to be available to view and posted a few screen shots of the pricing (inc $4,000 per person for a junior suite!!!!!!) but they then reported that the cruise had been taken down again and referred back for repricing - crikey hopefully not priced higher!

Also our US TA reported they could see it on their system but were not able to go into it

ps thanks to the poster who noted the comment re travel insurance using a US TA it’s a great point - we think we are ok with ours but are scouring the fine print!

Edited by BigRoger

Guest BigRoger

Mugtech.... I think we should blame Ringo for that even if he didn’t write it, or take it - it’s just about his level.... or maybe we blame Yoko... she got blamed for everything!

If it's true Explorer will do the Greek Isles from Rome, well I'm surprised at that size ship doing that itinerary but also a little excited since I am planning on this cruise in 2021. I like to keep up with what's happening, trying to fiigure out about what the prices will be even though I can't book for a year. Curious as to weather the Explorer refurb will be before or after the summer season 2020

6 hours ago, BigRoger said:

Yep Allure is potentially coming next week or maybe even earlier... on another message board site which cannot be named a poster in the US found it to be available to view and posted a few screen shots of the pricing (inc $4,000 per person for a junior suite!!!!!!) but they then reported that the cruise had been taken down again and referred back for repricing - crikey hopefully not priced higher!

Also our US TA reported they could see it on their system but were not able to go into it

ps thanks to the poster who noted the comment re travel insurance using a US TA it’s a great point - we think we are ok with ours but are scouring the fine print!

When it was online the starting price shown was $1182 + tax but you were nota able to get inside to book....:classic_rolleyes:

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

6 hours ago, Jax129 said:

If it's true Explorer will do the Greek Isles from Rome, well I'm surprised at that size ship doing that itinerary but also a little excited since I am planning on this cruise in 2021. I like to keep up with what's happening, trying to fiigure out about what the prices will be even though I can't book for a year. Curious as to weather the Explorer refurb will be before or after the summer season 2020

Navigator done it from Rome for years before Jewel. 

I saw some outrageous 2020 prices (Oasis out of Bayonne) and some below average prices (Oasis Star Class out of Port Everglades).  Why is there an expectation that this year prices would be similar to last year prices?  Wouldn't you expect the price to go up?  In general prices tend to go up as the economy gets better whether in actuality or perceived.  

On FB someone quoted what they thought was a good price on an Oasis cruise in 2019.  Someone responded that they paid less for a higher cabin category in 2011??  How does one compare a cruise price from 8 years ago to show the new price is not a good deal?  Very odd.. 

What am I missing?

The Old World will get a new spin with Royal Caribbean’s summer 2020 deployment. Anthem of the Seas, will make the journey across the Atlantic to Southampton, England returning for the first time in five years. Anthem is set to embark on her biggest adventure yet as the Quantum Class ship visits coastal towns along the Mediterranean, Northern Europe and the Canary Islands, on 8- to 14-night itineraries. Modernised in 2018, Independence of the Seas will return to Southampton for the season and sail seven- to 14-night cruises around the Norwegian Fjords, Canary Islands and North Africa, Scandinavia & Russia, and Italian Mediterranean, including new destinations Agadir, Morocco and Ponta Delgada in Portugal’s Azores archipelago in the mid-Atlantic. Travellers can also revel in the beauty of the Baltic with a 14-night itinerary – a first for a Freedom Class ship – featuring an overnight in Copenhagen, Denmark and two nights in St. Petersburg, Russia.

Royal Amplified will reach the far corners of Europe as Allure of the Seas and Explorer of the Seas debut multimillion-dollar modernisations as they journey across Europe for the 2020 summer and fall seasons to rediscover legendary landmarks, charming coastlines and the diverse cultures. Allure of the Seas will be the first Royal Amplified Oasis Class ship in Europe, offering seven-night Western Mediterranean itineraries that depart from Barcelona. From Rome, the reimagined Explorer will offer a mix of seven- to 12-night sailings along the Greek Isles.

Vision of the Seas will join Allure in Barcelona for the summer and fall seasons to offer travellers 12-night cruises across the Mediterranean, as Rhapsody of the Seas returns to Venice, Italy for the summer to offer shorter itineraries, alternating between Greece & Croatia and the Greek Isles. Copenhagen will welcome Jewel of the Seas for the season, as the ship sails a mix of 7-night itineraries through the Norwegian Fjords and Scandinavia & Russia. Brilliance of the Seas will return to Amsterdam for a third summer, sailing 12-night Baltic itineraries and a special 12-night sailing around the British Isles. For a once-in-a-lifetime experience, adventurers can board Brilliance for a 15-night artic crossing as the ship repositions from Amsterdam to Boston, Mass. European itineraries will be available to book the week of Dec. 17, 2018. All itineraries will be open to book by Crown & Anchor Society loyalty members one day prior to the general opening date.

Read more at http://www.etbtravelnews.global
  • Like 1

Thanks for that info, springaussie.  I'm wondering if the two 14-night Baltic cruises on Independence out of Southampton, with 2 days in Copenhagen and 3 in St. Petersburg, are replacing the Radiance-class ship that had been doing the Ultimate Scandinavia and Russia cruises?  The article mentions only 7-night Norway and Baltic cruises on Jewel out of Copenhagen for 2020. I had been interested in a Copenhagen to Boston Transatlantic. Since there won't be a 2020 TA from Copenhagen, the Brilliance TA will require a very good itinerary  and a reasonable price for me to justify departing from Amsterdam!

Edited by NancyIL

4 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

I saw some outrageous 2020 prices (Oasis out of Bayonne) and some below average prices (Oasis Star Class out of Port Everglades).  Why is there an expectation that this year prices would be similar to last year prices?  Wouldn't you expect the price to go up?  In general prices tend to go up as the economy gets better whether in actuality or perceived.  

On FB someone quoted what they thought was a good price on an Oasis cruise in 2019.  Someone responded that they paid less for a higher cabin category in 2011??  How does one compare a cruise price from 8 years ago to show the new price is not a good deal?  Very odd.. 

What am I missing?

Just when, what and prices for sailings are you seeing for Oasis out of PE for 2020 ?

Oh...Jan-Feb...no Oasis class much after that apparently.

Edited by Ashland

30 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Just when, what and prices for sailings are you seeing for Oasis out of PE for 2020 ?

Oasis Dec 13, 2020..

3 in a Aqua Theatre was about 9k,  The 3rd person priced out at $537.  The other suites were a bit high. 

Non Refundable rates (pre taxes and port charges)

Interior - $560

Outside View - $598 (guarantee) $643 

Balcony

$700 (guarantee)

CP: $738

BW: $790

Ocean View: $790

Suite

JS: $1653

GS: $2806

L1: $3386

Owners: $3566

Comparably, Harmony also on Dec 13, 2020 is about $200 more on other staterooms and almost $13k for 3 in the same Aqua Theatre suite.

I did notice that Dec 2020 only shows up on RC website.  For some reason it does not show up on any TA site that I checked.  

With the Oasis going into dry dock in 2019, it will be more refreshed than the Harmony.  The Oasis is a better deal, imo.  The Allure is Miami in Dec 2020. 

Edited by crusinthrough

Just called and booked Jewel from Copenhagen B2B, May 24, 2020 (Russia & Scandinavian 7 night) with May 31, 2020 (Norwegian Fjords). 

They did mention that the 11 Night Arctic Circle cruise will sail 5/13-5/23/20 so not sure why there is a day gap with the next cruise sailing on the 24th, unless I misunderstood.

Edited by theorbo
Spelling
  • Like 1