Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

45 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Does Royal do any cruises around Ireland, Scotland and England? Looking at 2020 and I don't see any.

This is a wonderful itinerary. I did it a similar one on Celebrity Eclipse last May (Ireland, Scotland & Iceland)...would have liked to do it on RCI but the same itinerary wasn't available.

55 minutes ago, Ashland said:

This is a wonderful itinerary. I did it a similar one on Celebrity Eclipse last May (Ireland, Scotland & Iceland)...would have liked to do it on RCI but the same itinerary wasn't available.

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Does Royal do any cruises around Ireland, Scotland and England? Looking at 2020 and I don't see any.

I think there are just a couple June/July next year but the departure port is Amsterdam so if they're planning to do the same in 2020 they won't have been released yet.

On 12/10/2018 at 1:28 PM, travelingla said:

When does RCL usually release Norway itineraries? We are so anxious to see what is available from RCL before we book with another cruise line -- but the waiting seems forever now that others are releasing theirs.

If anyone is interested - -they are now released!

9 hours ago, molly361 said:

Sure glad I only fit the Central Fla portion of this post👼

Not liking HM opening prices too much

Some interesting findings as I was looking at Harmony for August 2020. We usually have the kids/spouses/grandkids come with us in August, since my daughter is a teacher she is limited in times she can go. Eight in total.

In 2014, 2015, and 2016 we did Freedom in JS's. 

In 2017, on Oasis, there were just 6 of us and we had an 3 OV balconies on Oasis, about $1100pp.

In 2018, on Oasis, we splurged and did an Aquatheatre suite (A1) for all eight. It was fabulous and about $2425pp. 

When looking for 2019, the Harmony prices were much higher than the Oasis. That A1 was $3750pp (55% higher then prior year on Oasis). So we ended up booking 4 OV balconies (8D) at about $1475pp. (34% higher than Oasis 2 yrs prior)

Now looking at August 2020, the 8D's are about the same as the 2019 prices, but the A1 is about $2500pp -- or about the same as the Oasis was in 2018. So what did I do ? I'm holding the 4-bedroom Villa Suite which is less than the A1 at about $2400pp.

As I was looking through 2020/2021, the Star class suites are priced a lot better than 2019, the Sky class suites are just as bad as 2019 and a lot more than Oasis was, while the balcony cabins appear to be close to the 2019 prices.  

Other than the 2019 trip, I have booked these as soon as the itineraries come out, plus or minus a few days. 

I don''t think the summer 2020 Harmony/Symphony prices will come down much, if at all, since they are the only two Oasis-class ships sailing from Florida. 

Just for kicks, I priced the Oasis out of Bayonne the same week in August 2020 as the Harmony and the prices were higher, with a much less desirable itinerary, IMHO. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

7 minutes ago, TwirlerA said:

Does anyone know when the Panama Canal comes out 2021? This CC page is wonderful and given me a LOT of help!

Could be in the next couple of weeks, or March/April.  Keep watching here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Some interesting findings as I was looking at Harmony for August 2020. We usually have the kids/spouses/grandkids come with us in August, since my daughter is a teacher she is limited in times she can go. Eight in total.

In 2014, 2015, and 2016 we did Freedom in JS's. 

In 2017, on Oasis, there were just 6 of us and we had an 3 OV balconies on Oasis, about $1100pp.

In 2018, on Oasis, we splurged and did an Aquatheatre suite (A1) for all eight. It was fabulous and about $2425pp. 

When looking for 2019, the Harmony prices were much higher than the Oasis. That A1 was $3750pp (55% higher then prior year on Oasis). So we ended up booking 4 OV balconies (8D) at about $1475pp. (34% higher than Oasis 2 yrs prior)

Now looking at August 2020, the 8D's are about the same as the 2019 prices, but the A1 is about $2500pp -- or about the same as the Oasis was in 2018. So what did I do ? I'm holding the 4-bedroom Villa Suite which is less than the A1 at about $2400pp.

As I was looking through 2020/2021, the Star class suites are priced a lot better than 2019, the Sky class suites are just as bad as 2019 and a lot more than Oasis was, while the balcony cabins appear to be close to the 2019 prices.  

Other than the 2019 trip, I have booked these as soon as the itineraries come out, plus or minus a few days. 

I don''t think the summer 2020 Harmony/Symphony prices will come down much, if at all, since they are the only two Oasis-class ships sailing from Florida. 

Just for kicks, I priced the Oasis out of Bayonne the same week in August 2020 as the Harmony and the prices were higher, with a much less desirable itinerary, IMHO. 

mac_tlc

Only two Oasis class ships sailing from Florida for 2020 (POM)?................What's going to sail out of PE do you think?

28 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Runs in Cycles. For 80-90's most Royal ships, the newest, largest sailed out of Miami and her new built Terminals. Then Ft Lauderdale became the biggest thing with their multiple new and expanded Terminals. Now back to Miami with it's new Terminal. Might have to do with Port contracts... If we look at whats left we can probably guess the few ships that could sail, not many choices though

Edited by ONECRUISER

11 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

You have a source for that?

and which one sails from Amsterdam? Vision?

The official info published yesterday is Jewel sails from Copenhagen mainly 7 nights Baltics and Norwegian Fjords (takes over from Serenade) and Brilliance sails from Amsterdam similar to 2018 and 2019 with British Isles and Baltics. The repo from Brilliance will be Amsterdam to Boston via Iceland. Visions goes from Med to NY.  

This is the official info for Europe 2020 phase II:

Royal Amplified will reach the far corners of Europe as Allure of the Seas and Explorer of the Seas debut multimillion-dollar modernizations as they journey across Europe for the 2020 summer and fall seasons. Allure of the Seas will be the first Royal Amplified Oasis-class ship in Europe, offering seven-night Western Mediterranean itineraries that depart from Barcelona. From Civitavecchia (Rome) the reimagined Explorer will offer a mix of seven- to 12-night sailings to the Greek Isles.

Vision of the Seas will join Allure in Barcelona for the summer and fall seasons on 12-night cruises across the Mediterranean, as Rhapsody of the Seas returns to Venice for the summer with shorter itineraries, alternating between Greece and Croatia and the Greek Isles. Copenhagen will welcome Jewel of the Seas for the season, as the ship sails a mix of weeklong cruises to the Norwegian Fjords and Scandinavia/Russia.

Brilliance of the Seas will return to Amsterdam for a third summer, sailing 12-night Baltic itineraries and a special 12-night voyage around the British Isles. A 15-night Arctic crossing will reposition the ship from Amsterdam to Boston.

29 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Royal Amplified will reach the far corners of Europe as Allure of the Seas and Explorer of the Seas debut multimillion-dollar modernizations as they journey across Europe for the 2020 summer and fall seasons. Allure of the Seas will be the first Royal Amplified Oasis-class ship in Europe, offering seven-night Western Mediterranean itineraries that depart from Barcelona. From Civitavecchia (Rome) the reimagined Explorer will offer a mix of seven- to 12-night sailings to the Greek Isles.

Vision of the Seas will join Allure in Barcelona for the summer and fall seasons on 12-night cruises across the Mediterranean, as Rhapsody of the Seas returns to Venice for the summer with shorter itineraries, alternating between Greece and Croatia and the Greek Isles. Copenhagen will welcome Jewel of the Seas for the season, as the ship sails a mix of weeklong cruises to the Norwegian Fjords and Scandinavia/Russia.

Brilliance of the Seas will return to Amsterdam for a third summer, sailing 12-night Baltic itineraries and a special 12-night voyage around the British Isles. A 15-night Arctic crossing will reposition the ship from Amsterdam to Boston.

Thank you!! Where did you find this?

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

....Brilliance of the Seas will return to Amsterdam for a third summer, sailing 12-night Baltic itineraries and a special 12-night voyage around the British Isles. A 15-night Arctic crossing will reposition the ship from Amsterdam to Boston.

Thanks for this info. I had read earlier that the TA would be on Brilliance from Amsterdam, then got excited when someone posted it would sail from  Copenhagen. Guess  we’ll weigh our options when we see all that’s available. 

Edited by NancyIL

8 hours ago, Ashland said:

For summer 2020, looks like Symphony out of Miami and Harmony out of Port Canaveral. No Oasis class in PE between Allure’s departure in March until Oasis repositions from Bayonne to PE in Fall 2020. 

mac_tlc

4 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

Thanks for this info. I had read earlier that the TA would be on Brilliance from Amsterdam, then got excited when someone posted it would sail from  Copenhagen. 

Royal Caribbean isn't showing any 2020 Mediterranean or follow-on Fall Transatlantics except for Anthem and Independence.  Are those itineraries due out soon?

2 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Royal Caribbean isn't showing any 2020 Mediterranean or follow-on Fall Transatlantics except for Anthem and Independence.  Are those itineraries due out soon?

Europe phase 2 is due out week of 17 December, so in theory some time next week for the Med. Don't know about transatlantics, though.

Edited by FionaMG