Concierge level

Jordanyaya1

Dose concierge level really mean anything anymore on Celebrity? I’ve been sailing with them for years but am beginning to think paying more for a concierge cabin is a waste of money. Last year I took my daughter-in-law and granddaughter on an Alaska cruise on the Solstice in concierge level. They had such a good time they book the same cruise for my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter and are currently on their cruise. I just received a phone call from my daughter and unfortunately this cruise is somewhat problematic. In addition to a broken closet door, ripped drapes and a safe that didn’t work, she has left 3 separate messages for the concierge to call her regarding other questions. They have been at sea since Friday evening, and it’s now Sunday night. No response from the concierge. I realize this is not a suite but if you sell a product as a concierge cabin then offer the service commiserate with the fare. I’m booked on the TA in October in a consierge cabin and am beginning to wonder.

For us Concierge is not worth any more than a regular veranda, some think the embarkation day lunch, footstools, Concierge are worth extra.

I would offer 2 suggestions for your daughter:

If she hasn’t already done so, tell the cabin steward about the problems, normally they can arrange to have them fixed. If she has told the attendant then she needs to get in touch with the head if housekeeping.

As for the Concierge, it may be that cabin repair issues aren’t their area however they should have at least returned the calls. If it were me I would go to the Conceigre Desk and talk to him/her personally and see what action if any has been taken to address the problems.

Edited by jelayne
typo

Dose concierge level really mean anything anymore on Celebrity? I’ve been sailing with them for years but am beginning to think paying more for a concierge cabin is a waste of money. Last year I took my daughter-in-law and granddaughter on an Alaska cruise on the Solstice in concierge level. They had such a good time they book the same cruise for my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter and are currently on their cruise. I just received a phone call from my daughter and unfortunately this cruise is somewhat problematic. In addition to a broken closet door, ripped drapes and a safe that didn’t work, she has left 3 separate messages for the concierge to call her regarding other questions. They have been at sea since Friday evening, and it’s now Sunday night. No response from the concierge. I realize this is not a suite but if you sell a product as a concierge cabin then offer the service commiserate with the fare. I’m booked on the TA in October in a consierge cabin and am beginning to wonder.

For myself and from past comments on this board, for many of us it was never worth much except for certain cabins on the M class ships.

We're going on our first Celebrity cruise in October and booked Concierge class...not so much for any perks but for cabin location.

We're on the Summit, deck 8, aft stateroom. Worth it totally for that huge balcony, large table and chairs we can enjoy breakfast from room service and a view of the wake.

If I was not clear in my original post, my Daughter-in-law was not attempting to contact the concierge regarding the housekeeping issues but rather completely different issues, bookings,etc. Unfortunately when you arrive in a cabin that’s in disrepair, it can be disappointing. Their cabin steward is attempting to have those problems rectified. But still no word from the concierge. She attempted to reach the concierge at the concierge desk but he was “not available”. Yes the position of the cabins, extra veranda furniture, embark lunch, etc are a nice perks but if Celebrity sells the cabin under the name Concierge, then the concierge should be available. In all my past concierge cabin sailings I never had to wait 2 days and counting to receive a return phone call.

If I was not clear in my original post, my Daughter-in-law was not attempting to contact the concierge regarding the housekeeping issues but rather completely different issues, bookings,etc. Unfortunately when you arrive in a cabin that’s in disrepair, it can be disappointing. Their cabin steward is attempting to have those problems rectified. But still no word from the concierge. She attempted to reach the concierge at the concierge desk but he was “not available”. Yes the position of the cabins, extra veranda furniture, embark lunch, etc are a nice perks but if Celebrity sells the cabin under the name Concierge, then the concierge should be available. In all my past concierge cabin sailings I never had to wait 2 days and counting to receive a return phone call.

Suggest that she call the Guest Relations Manager and inform them of the situation including to none response of the Concierge. Celebrity Today lists the time that the Concierge is on duty. She might pay a visit.

Our experience with the concierge on the infinity on our lima/FLL repositioning cruise was terrific. We didn't ask for much, but the few times we mentioned something, he jumped on it. There's just variation in how folks do their jobs. I agree with Jelayne's post....Sounds like your DIL needs to speak with the head of housekeeping about the cabin issues. There really is no excuse for the concierge not returning calls, at least with a message, the same day....really within hours...that's a bit more sticky to handle.

We book 1A cabins on S-class ships unless there is some special deal offered that we can't resist. We'll be in Concierge on the Eclipse in the Baltic next month only because the TA offered all 4 perks at a significantly lower cost than our original booking with Celebrity future cruises. We saved $2K plus we got 4 vs 2 perks....irresistable. Other than special deals, you won't find us in Concierge Class....unless it's an M-class ship where we book Concierge solely because of the extra cabin size. IMHO, Concierge really isn't worth much at all on S-class. 1A cabins are much better locations and have larger balconies. We don't put a premium on being in the back of the ship...so the up charge for C1's isn't of value.

Sorry your DIL is having all those problems. Maybe she could sit down with the captains club rep and discuss the situation. Maybe that rep will take charge of changing her perception of the cruise. I don't know the pecking order of who the concierge reports to...but probably better to chat with captains club and tackle it a bit obliquely.

Hope things take a turn for the better for your cruising family...

We have booked concierge cabins in the past and I did not think the Concierge on board was only for concierge cabins. Please correct me if I am wrong. Any time we have had an issue it has been solved by the cabin attendant or guest services.

We have booked concierge cabins in the past and I did not think the Concierge on board was only for concierge cabins. Please correct me if I am wrong. Any time we have had an issue it has been solved by the cabin attendant or guest services.

Celebrity, at some point last year, added a new position to the ship....Concierge Class Concierge. There is now a dedicated Concierge for Concierge Class. There is still a ship concierge that handles others, not in Concierge Class.

We don't find any benefit in booking CC unless it is the same price or less than a standard balcony. Yes, you do get extra loyalty credits in CC, but other than that, it's not worth anything extra to me. If AQ is only a $100 +/- more p.p. than standard balcony we'll do that but otherwise, we save our money to spend onboard. We've been in a Sky Suite once and loved every minute of it, but that was for a special occasion and our travel budget wouldn't support that level of travel on a yearly basis.

We're going on our first Celebrity cruise in October and booked Concierge class...not so much for any perks but for cabin location.

We're on the Summit, deck 8, aft stateroom. Worth it totally for that huge balcony, large table and chairs we can enjoy breakfast from room service and a view of the wake.

We're on the Connie in not so many days --- aft CC cabin on deck 7 and can't wait :-)

We're on the Connie in not so many days --- aft CC cabin on deck 7 and can't wait :-)

We've never had a problem with the concierge, although to be honest, I usually go to guest relations or shore excursions because I forget to use the concierge! The few times I did use him/her were very positive. I'm with you Presto2...aft cabins are fantastic!!!! If I can't get one I look for bump cabins and if I can't get either I look for a different itinerary. :D

For myself and from past comments on this board, for many of us it was never worth much except for certain cabins on the M class ships.

Ah yes -- like those M-class aft-facing cabins, with their over-sized balconies. That's pretty much the only situation in which I would pay the higher rate, for a C-1 cabin! :cool:

The Concierge perks aren’t worth the extra costs to me, but the cabin is. When we travel with our daughter, I get a CC1,2,3 because on M-Class ships, the SR is a bit larger, giving us that extra room. And sometimes we can get the CC SR with the bump out veranda which I like.

When we were close to making Elite and then Elite+, we did upgrade to get the extra points, but it’ll take so many to reach Zenith, we stay with standard Verandas now. (Celebrity - another hint of adding an intermediate CC Level between Elite+ and Zenith! - Make it 1,500 pts - something I could actually reach before I turn 100)

So I agree, it’s SR location.

Den

Edited by Denny01

Dose concierge level really mean anything anymore on Celebrity? I’ve been sailing with them for years but am beginning to think paying more for a concierge cabin is a waste of money. Last year I took my daughter-in-law and granddaughter on an Alaska cruise on the Solstice in concierge level. They had such a good time they book the same cruise for my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter and are currently on their cruise. I just received a phone call from my daughter and unfortunately this cruise is somewhat problematic. In addition to a broken closet door, ripped drapes and a safe that didn’t work, she has left 3 separate messages for the concierge to call her regarding other questions. They have been at sea since Friday evening, and it’s now Sunday night. No response from the concierge. I realize this is not a suite but if you sell a product as a concierge cabin then offer the service commiserate with the fare. I’m booked on the TA in October in a concierge cabin and am beginning to wonder.

If I was in that situation-- I would have spoken to the steward, spoken to Guest Services AND spoken to the Concierge Face to Face,

We have liked the Concierge lunch on embarkation, the concierge on our cruise in Feb was very helpful with a dining package issue, and the sail away cocktails on the helo pad was great fun.

Being an aft concierge is our fav place on the ship (or the bump out)

I booked a C2 Concierge Balcony on Infinity for Nov only because it was cheaper than a regular balcony. The few perks involved are totally not worth paying extra for. Bigger cabin will be nice, but I would have been fine with the regular balcony since that is normally what we book. But got such an awesome price since I booked 11/11/16 that I jumped on it! Now the price is about double what I paid for it. Never been on Infinity so will give us a different ship to be on.

I booked a C2 Concierge Balcony on Infinity for Nov only because it was cheaper than a regular balcony. The few perks involved are totally not worth paying extra for. Bigger cabin will be nice, but I would have been fine with the regular balcony since that is normally what we book. But got such an awesome price since I booked 11/11/16 that I jumped on it! Now the price is about double what I paid for it. Never been on Infinity so will give us a different ship to be on.

LOVE Infinity...it's our favorite ship....there's 3 elevator stations, which makes a BIG difference when you're in an aft cabin.

I don’t think that’s correct (Concierge is for Concierge Class only). Any passenger can use his or her services. I have, and I have seen others do the same. Coming into Dublin after the TA, the Concierge had a steady stream of passengers getting information, booking ground transportation, etc. I knew many of them and know that they were NOT inConcierge Class rooms. She certainly never turned anyone away because they weren’t in that class of stateroom.

I don’t think that’s correct (Concierge is for Concierge Class only). Any passenger can use his or her services. I have, and I have seen others do the same. Coming into Dublin after the TA, the Concierge had a steady stream of passengers getting information, booking ground transportation, etc. I knew many of them and know that they were NOT inConcierge Class rooms. She certainly never turned anyone away because they weren’t in that class of stateroom.

Just got off the phone with celebrity and they gave me the perks for Concierge class cabins. Priority boarding for embarkation, expanded room menu, Special concierge for the Concierge Class Cabins. (Special Concierge is for the entire deck only and not for others), bottle of Sparkling Wine and fruit delivered to cabin for embarkation, pillow menu, Special predeparture lounge for disembarkation, daily delectables delivered to room, enhanced breakfast menu for room service.

Just got off the phone with celebrity and they gave me the perks for Concierge class cabins. Priority boarding for embarkation, expanded room menu, Special concierge for the Concierge Class Cabins. (Special Concierge is for the entire deck only and not for others), bottle of Sparkling Wine and fruit delivered to cabin for embarkation, pillow menu, Special predeparture lounge for disembarkation, daily delectables delivered to room, enhanced breakfast menu for room service.

There is also the special Concierge Class luncheon in the MDR on Embarkation day, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. It's so nice to be able to place your carry-on luggage in a secured section, sit at a table to meet fellow passengers and be served a nice lunch without the buffet hassle.