It pays to check your booking prices

Sometimes I question whether I should be checking the price of my bookings so often. Most days I look in the morning over a cup of hot coffee. I do it just about every day but it really just takes a couple of minutes. We have a booking for Ovation in September 2019, Vancouver to Hawaii. One of my favorites cruises. This is what has happened to our booking since May from me checking most mornings. We have a balcony on deck 7 towards the back of the hump.

May 7th - $4,063.60

May 11th - $3,863.60

July 2nd - $3,551.60

July 7th - $3,321.60

July 20th - $3,122.60

August 2nd - $2,505.60

I don't think checking is a waste of my time, do you? :D

The 5/2/19 one in the other direction is doing almost the same thing. RCI way overpriced it. There are 200 D2 cabins available and well over 50 in almost every D and below category.

Biker, who is looking at flight prices to HNL and was thinking of a way to do a B2B with the 5/13 sailing.

Nice!:) We're on Oasis at the end of September, and were booked in an Oceanview balcony. Checked the prices about two months ago and a JS on the same deck was only $300 more than what we paid for the balcony, so we upgraded. It does pay to check:):)

I always check prices, even after final payment. I've had lots of success. A few years ago I was able, after final payment, to change from a balcony to a JS for ZERO cost. But my best "find" was moving from a JS on Oasis to a Crown Loft for a TOTAL of $305 for TWO people! Always, always, always watch rates, but know and accept the rate rules.

Wow...that's great! Huge savings...and amazing price!.

I used to check daily too, but for one of them its only gone up (currently up by $2000 so I don't bother checking that one often). Another hovers around the same price, going up a bit, then back down to original price. Did get one small price drop though. The other, I managed to upgrade form interior to ocean view balcony for very little more by monitoring prices, but since then have only gone up (close to sailing and not a ton of staterooms left).

Thanks for sharing to let others know that it's worth checking on regular basis. Enjoy your cruise!

The 5/2/19 one in the other direction is doing almost the same thing. RCI way overpriced it. There are 200 D2 cabins available and well over 50 in almost every D and below category.

Biker, who is looking at flight prices to HNL and was thinking of a way to do a B2B with the 5/13 sailing.

I wont book that one on principle.

They really hosed the Folks booked on Explorer

On Serenade now anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hi there - I am currently booked for August 2019 (im from the UK but because I had to book 5 rooms, I used the RC helpline to book for me) does this mean that when the prices drop, I can phone them and get better prices/deals until i travel?

Sometimes I question whether I should be checking the price of my bookings so often. Most days I look in the morning over a cup of hot coffee. I do it just about every day but it really just takes a couple of minutes. We have a booking for Ovation in September 2019, Vancouver to Hawaii. One of my favorites cruises. This is what has happened to our booking since May from me checking most mornings. We have a balcony on deck 7 towards the back of the hump.

May 7th - $4,063.60

May 11th - $3,863.60

July 2nd - $3,551.60

July 7th - $3,321.60

July 20th - $3,122.60

August 2nd - $2,505.60

I don't think checking is a waste of my time, do you? :D

I am currently booked for August 2019 (im from the UK but because I had to book 5 rooms, I used the RC helpline to book for me) does this mean that when the prices drop, I can phone them and get better prices/deals until i travel?

Not if you booked under UK rules.

Not if you booked under UK rules.
Sorry what do you mean by UK rules? its a bit crazy because you ring up and the call centre is clearly in the US but the invoices get marked as being from Surrey, UK. Not sure how i can book a cruise the US way unless I find a travel agent - do they charge extra? plus of course I think we pay over the odds

Thanks

Not sure how i can book a cruise the US way unless I find a travel agent - do they charge extra?

Yes, you'd have to find a US TA to book under US rules. Sounds like you booked under UK rules, which have different terms and conditions than US.

Sorry what do you mean by UK rules? ...

Booking rules are determined by the laws and customs in the particular country where the booking takes place. UK rules do not allow price drops. If your cruise price is in GBP, you are under UK rules.

I am looking at one for next for Anthem May 2019 and all the prices have gone up at least 15% since I started to check a few weeks ago. I am going to blame politics, effecting our Canadian dollar

3300$ USD for two Mid Balcony 9 day cruise Anthem in May 2019

Quick question... if you have booked a sailing under the "Non Refundable Rate"..... can you still take advantage of price drops? The cruises we book tend to only go up.... but years ago, before the "non refundable rates", I used to just call & get repriced when it dropped... but haven't tried to since the NRR appeared..... TIA