Ncl fall flash sale you are joking right??????

takeadip

So on their site it says FALL FLASH SALE...silly me thought it was a new and exciting sale to look into...WRONG just repackaged existing sale that they have had AND KEEP EXTENDING for the last 7 months...what a joke...CMON NCL stop being so lazy and have your marketing department do research and get us EXCITED with NEW PROMOS...if the promos never really expire...than they are not promos!!!!

how bout DSC free or TAX FREE SAILINGS again????

every week its the same boring stuff...

The tax free promo wasn't really much of a benefit. I booked our November cruise under the last one then, when the promo ended, noticed that prices dropped. I cancelled the regular balcony we had booked and rebooked an aft facing balcony. The total cost was less, even paying the taxes and port fees.

I actually continue to book because of the consistency of the promos. I find the UBP and dining package to be a great incentive. I get that those are factored into the price but its the lack of the inclusion of a BP on lines like Princess and Carnival that keep me coming back to NCL...(among other things) Perhaps if what you are mostly familiar with is NCL then the same old promos become boring. I'm relatively new to NCL and like them very much.

So on their site it says FALL FLASH SALE...silly me thought it was a new and exciting sale to look into...WRONG just repackaged existing sale that they have had AND KEEP EXTENDING for the last 7 months...what a joke...CMON NCL stop being so lazy and have your marketing department do research and get us EXCITED with NEW PROMOS...if the promos never really expire...than they are not promos!!!!

Might want to check out the Carnival Board/Thread

"Just a rant------------" by angeleyez

She puts things in perspective!

Udemy and NCL have the same strategy. "Flash sales", "Weekend Promos", etc. But Udemy always has their courses for $12 or less, and NCL always has their 5 choices. I will continue to choose the UBP and 3rd Person free. :) Now...when they finally do take that away, you just wait to hear the uproar!

Ok I read it. Thanks for posting. Just curious...why are certain letters and words throughout that thread in the color red? I though it was just the OP but the responses had it as well.

All of NCL's marketing muscle goes toward reaching first time rubes, not repeat customers.

Depending upon your perspective it makes perfect sense. Marketing's job is to get people to try the product. Once operations delivers, they should be hooked and continue to come back time and time again. Considering how many people hit the higher loyalty levels, it seems that this works across the board in the cruising industry.

Then the promotions have to be just good enough to keep people abandoning en mass for a competing line's promotions.

All of NCL's marketing muscle goes toward reaching first time rubes, not repeat customers.

Well I'm no "rube" but that marketing strategy certainly worked for us when we sprung for 3 balcony cabins last November so that our daughters could bring a plus-1 along. The UBP sealed the deal bc those 20-somethings can drink a cocktail or two. It was our first time with NCL and the trip for 6 people was about $5K all inclusive. A deal such as that could not be found on Celebrity (our preferred line).

Don’t touch. Rather have free drinks than a small tax refund.

I actually continue to book because of the consistency of the promos. I find the UBP and dining package to be a great incentive. I get that those are factored into the price but its the lack of the inclusion of a BP on lines like Princess and Carnival that keep me coming back to NCL...(among other things) Perhaps if what you are mostly familiar with is NCL then the same old promos become boring. I'm relatively new to NCL and like them very much.

Agree on the drinking/dining promos....I factor in about $700-900 bucks for the Bride and I when I price another 7 day cruise on RCL etc.....

Ok I read it. Thanks for posting. Just curious...why are certain letters and words throughout that thread in the color red? I though it was just the OP but the responses had it as well.

The red letters are replications from the title 'Just a rant'. I think repliers are just playing along. (I wondered too, but that is the best explanation I could come up with).

NCL is counting on first time cruisers or visitors seeing their website and being wowed by this short time special sale. To the rest of us it's just ..... meh.

Yep, I was pressured a little the first time I cruised just recently by the "sale" Worked somewhat for me. Was planning on booking anyway but might have been the extra kick in the back i needed to book it. It worked out okay in the end after i figured out it wasn't really a limited time offer. The overall value is decent anyway.

I think a big part of it is all the data that shows that modern cruising is a really popular product. There are a lot of people who have never tried cruising or where cruising wasn't for them in the 90's and 00's who would now enjoy the product offered. The data shows that the satisfaction rate currently is really high and those who go on one cruise are highly likely to go on many more in the future. So all the mainstream companies are trying to get people to take that first step.

The tax free promo wasn't really much of a benefit. I booked our November cruise under the last one then, when the promo ended, noticed that prices dropped..

just for giggles, then, please.

I booked a Thanksgiving cruise at the beginning of Sep. The prices have falled by $200 so far, right after I booked it. I need to book the same cruise for my parents. Do I hold out until the Fall Flash sale is over in hopes that the price will drop some more, or should I go ahead and book it in the next day or two at the present price?

P.S. It's within 50 days now, and there appear to be plenty of inside cabins available.