Chairs removed to make more room?

johnatsis

1 hour ago, luckee1 said:

Which email address is best to express my disappointment about the chair situation?

I have back pain issues.  Looks like we will

be dragging a balcony chair in. 

This is the one I use: customerrelations@princesscruises.com

5 minutes ago, Thrak said:

This is the one I use: customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Might want to cc

jswartz@princesscruises.com

May all go go to the same place but couldn’t hurt anything. 

33 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

Might want to cc

jswartz@princesscruises.com

May all go go to the same place but couldn’t hurt anything. 

I think the Jan Swartz email goes to customer service rather than customer relations. Might as well cover both bases.

On 3/3/2019 at 12:43 AM, 4cats4me said:

Table? We still had a table. We didn’t have the chair.  

They better not start removing those tables, too, because we need that table to set our breakfast tray on. 

Sorry, I meant the chair/stool. That thing was always in the way and I thought I would like it better if it wasn't there.

• Like 2

Well, it took them 9 days to respond to my email from Customer Relations (Claudia), and although she was polite,  the answer is still no chairs! 

In fact, the exact comment was "we are removing all the chairs and if you still want want one you can ask your room steward and see if any are available".  I told her that I shouldn't have to ask to which she didn't have a reply.

So this is my take - this is what we're doing and if you don't like it, too bad.  It really kinda surprised me!  But it's obvious they are standing firm on this issue.  

So bye bye Princess.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

Thank you for the correction. 🙂

However, my good friend who just disembarked the Grand last week states that they did not have a chair in their inside cabin, and she also stated that she doesn’t know where one would  have fit anyway.  I told her they used to cram it between the corner of the bed and the desk.

8 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I’ve seen emails from upset customers (including me) result in a couple of changes after emailing Customer Relations:

• The Regal’s unannounced fee for Alfredo’s Pizzeria ($10 included glass of wine or soda) was rescinded within a few days.
  • When pre-payment for tours began they eventually allowed us to prepay using OBC.

Sometimes we win when fighting city hall but most times we lose.

And remember when they tripled the cost for a  case of bottled water ordered through the Cruise Personaliz per last summer?  Within two days they adjusted the price  back to a reasonable amount.  

32 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

And remember when they tripled the cost for a  case of bottled water ordered through the Cruise Personaliz per last summer?  Within two days they adjusted the price  back to a reasonable amount.  

Ah yes...forgot to add the bottled-water-gate. 😉

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, billco said:

At least when Princess eliminated the BOGO and BOGO+$1, they said they were going to replace it with something else. (Don't know what that was) Not the case with eliminating the chairs.

Princess did say that in response to complaints however nothing has been done in the year they took that away. There has been no replacement.

Perhaps Princess did not want a PR backlash from promising something and not delivering on it again, so they simply are stating that the chairs are gone and end of story!

1 hour ago, billco said:

At least when Princess eliminated the BOGO and BOGO+$1, they said they were going to replace it with something else. (Don't know what that was) Not the case with eliminating the chairs.

In the letter I wrote to Customer Relations, I mentioned the elimination of the BOGO+1 Happy Hour and how much we missed it on our cruise last month.  I received a call this morning from a CR rep who told me Princess is still planning something to replace it but gave no indication of what or a timeline.

With regards to the chair issue, he made mention of Princess replacing stateroom furniture, but had no information as to whether the chairs were going to be replaced with something else. I don't think the CR reps have any more knowledge of the situation than we do. 

I did mention we had cancelled our Australia cruise for next year because I had no intention of flying halfway around the world to take a cruise with no comfortable place to sit. I said there were plenty of other lines with comfortable seating in their staterooms. He said he would definitely pass that on. 

He was very polite and professional (as are all Princess employees we've dealt with) but I think his hands are tied. It has to be a frustrating job.

Some may say removing the chair is not a big deal and they don't understand the fuss, but it's a big deal to us. It just seems like a very poor, short-sighted decision by management.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

My call back from Customer relations, got the same story. You can get a chair , just ask your room Steward.

I didn't argue or comment, just said thank you. She did say lots of emails have been received.

On upcoming cruises could people who want a chair please request one and then report back on CC if they were successful. Are they replying with this response just to get rid of people on the phone.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TriumphGuy said:

In the letter I wrote to Customer Relations, I mentioned the elimination of the BOGO+1 Happy Hour and how much we missed it on our cruise last month.  I received a call this morning from a CR rep who told me Princess is still planning something to replace it but gave no indication of what or a timeline.

With regards to the chair issue, he made mention of Princess replacing stateroom furniture, but had no information as to whether the chairs were going to be replaced with something else. I don't think the CR reps have any more knowledge of the situation than we do.  

I did mention we had cancelled our Australia cruise for next year because I had no intention of flying halfway around the world to take a cruise with no comfortable place to sit. I said there were plenty of other lines with comfortable seating in their staterooms. He said he would definitely pass that on. 

He was very polite and professional (as are all Princess employees we've dealt with) but I think his hands are tied. It has to be a frustrating job.

Some may say removing the chair is not a big deal and they don't understand the fuss, but it's a big deal to us. It just seems like a very poor, short-sighted decision by management.

Somehow I do not believe Customer Service suggestion that Princess is replacing the furniture and this is why chairs have been removed.  If this was a fact they would have waited till new furniture arrived much like they did with new mattresses.  

When you think about all these disappointing decisions that Princess is making, that they would speak up and give their customers feedback even in forums like CC and Facebook so these topics don't go crazy with possible misinformation and making customers feel that Princess just doesn't care.  This is what is happening  with this subject.  Having their customer service reps followup with meaningless phone calls repeating what we already know seems like they feel the problem is being solved and addressed.  They have every right to run their company in the way they see fit but it is not good business practice to leave many customers with a bad taste and upset.  They may be happy with loosing some customers over this now but with the number of new and larger ships coming out faster than believable they are going to need better policies and a strong customer base to stay ahead of competition.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

On upcoming cruises could people who want a chair please request one and then report back on CC if they were successful. Are they replying with this response just to get rid of people on the phone.  

I am on the Grand on March 20. It is in dry dock now for 2 weeks. So we will see if they address the chair issue. I am bringing a folding chair since I live by the port but I will report back what happens when I request a chair once onboard. am going early, so if there are any chairs, I will get one. If I do I will give the folding chair to anyone who wants it.Not hopeful. Probably wont do room service given the  situation.

55 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

I'm cruising March 20th on the Grand....be back on the 30th.   Our group has 3 balcony cabins.  We will all ask for a chair and I'll let ya know what happens.....in fact, I'll report from the cruise if the internet is working..... But since the Grand is presently in Dry dock and will be until we cruise, I'm guessing those "extra"  chairs are

long gone.:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pstcrik said:

I received a call this morning from a CR rep who told me Princess is still planning something to replace it but gave no indication of what or a timeline.

I still plan to win the lottery but don't have a definite timeline...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Last year I organized a family trip to Alaska. There were 39 of us. Most had never cruised before. My husband and I are not avid cruisers, 15 cruises under our belt, but know enough about cruising to be somewhat versed in all the brands. Before we picked a cruise,  I made a list of the pros and cons of each option and passed it around. A significant CON for Princess was lack of cabin seating. Even the lesser categories on Celebrity and Royal had sofa seating. Most of the group were families of 3 or 4 to a cabin. The other significant negative was the configuration of a cabin that slept 4. On Princess they had to go to a mini suite or else squeeze into a cabin that had two upper bunks come down over the twin beds below. (could not even configure to a queen). I know a lot of cruisers on CC are two to a cabin so you’re probably not aware of how uncomfortable and crowded a regular balcony on Princess can be with 4. The sofa on other brands or Princess mini not only provides seating during the day it opens at night to sleep 1 or 2 - number depends on size of sofa. In the end we opted for Celebrity. Princess got scratched from the list from the start because the standard balcony lacked a sofa. If you’re a Princess cruiser who books mini suite and above you probably don’t see the importance of the sofa. As I said in a previous post we are west coast cruisers who prefer not to fly and cruise to relax more than sightsee. I grumble about the lack of a sofa every time, but I commandeer the barrel chair when the mini suite price is more than the budget. Now there is no barrel chair to commandeer. 😰

We are cruising again soon. I will come back to this thread and share how successful I am (or not) in getting a second chair. I still can’t understand how corporate thinks one desk chair in a cabin for 2 is acceptable. I don’t do homework so I have no use for a desk. How about we swap it out for a small sofa? 
  • Like 1