When was your first Royal cruise?

Wolffie89

Jewel of the Seas in 2009 to the Baltic. Celebrating 10 years of cruising this year! :)

Jewel was a great first ship. We loved the itinerary as well. She didn't necessarily feel big as such but we knew from then that we loved cruising. Independence was our next ship and she really got us hooked.

January 2008 on Liberty of the Seas. We visited Grand Turk, St. Thomas, and Labadee.  My friends and significant other dragged me aboard because "I wasn't a cruise person."  We've been back at least once every winter since. 

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

1988 on the brand new Sovereign of the Seas, first "Megaship". For 8yrs she and her Sisters were Largest Cruise ship in the world. Was hooked...

I thought Norway was temporarily bigger than Sovereign. 🤔

1 minute ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Enchantment, May 2004, in between chemo treatments for my late husband.  He said it was the best vacation he ever had, and we booked another one just a week after returning home.  Sadly, he did not live long enough to take the second one.

😢😭

Our first Royal cruise was 1993 on the Nordic Empress. We splurged on an  oceanview cabin. It had a large round porthole, and you could sit on the bottom ledge, like a window seat. I felt like a princess! And I still get exhilarated every time I board a cruise ship!

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes, but no. Ocean liner vs Cruise Ship... But think my first Cruise was Sovereign #022. Numbers they use to give each sailing from when first Launched

Edited by ONECRUISER

Enchantment in 1999 for our honeymoon. Was supposed to be Eastern Caribbean, but was diverted to Western due to hurricane Lenny. 

We got back to Port Miami the day Voyager was heading out on her maiden voyage and I remember thinking how “huge” that ship was!

The Nordic Prince was my first Royal Caribbean ship, way back in 1981.   I was a Norwegian deckhand and spent 6 months working on that ship.   The Nordic Prince was doing two week cruises out of Miami at that time.   My first trip as a paying customer was in 1997 on the Majesty of the Seas.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

My first cruise on rccl was either 1988 of 1989 not sure but did get engaged on sovereign in 1990 and honeymooned on SS Norway in 1991, Norway had added a deck so its gross weight was more than sovereign, loved both ships , we had a mini suite on the added deck for our honeymoon. 

Nordic Prince in 1971.  I was a teenager and traveled with my parents on a 2-week cruise to Caribbean.  It was a gamble as I don’t know what they would have done if I hated it.  But I’m still cruising all these years later.  So they got me hooked.