Is Celebrity too sophisticated for...

Tao Diva

It's a HUGE thing on Disney ships and I've seen it elsewhere to a limited degree. But I would like to hang a door sign on the outside of our cabin door with a magnetic hook.

The sign is made of thick, stiff felt hung on ribbons. (so it won't noisily smack against the door when opening or closing.) It's a sea shell, a dolphin, and an oval that says "Let's be mermaids".  Is Celebrity culture too sophisticated to appreciate such whimsy? 

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 6.50.26 PM.png

• Like 2

I've seen many doors decorated in various ways over the years and never thought anything other that people like to show some personal expression. If it makes you happy, do it. Maybe it'll just make someone smile as they walk by.

• Like 3

I agree with the previous posters. I’ve seen many doors decorated with charming, colorful items. I’m one of those people who explores every deck, and I love all the cheerful door decorations. Go for it😊🐬

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tao Diva said:

.  Is Celebrity culture too sophisticated to appreciate such whimsy?

If Celebrity was that sophisticated, they probably would not let me sail with them.  🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

We were on the Silhouette a couple of years ago and a gentleman named John was celebrating his 90th birthday. The family decorated his door. He became a celebrity (no pun intended) and everyone wanted their picture taken with John. So yes, it's a fun thing to do. 

• Like 1

Not sure if this counts, but my DH decorated the inside of our cabin door.  Every time we went out the cabin door, I turned the wrong way, so he made this helpful reminder for me. 😁

E798DD73-4391-4FCA-B55C-A4567BF81A92.jpeg

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 8
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, lisiamc said:

LOL!  Now that really would have been helpful on a B2B where our cabin was on one side of the ship for the first cruise and on the opposite side for the second cruise.

For the first couple of days of the second cruise, I had to stop and think about whether to turn left or right each time I headed out for the dining room or the theater.

14 hours ago, lisiamc said:

Not sure if this counts, but my DH decorated the inside of our cabin door.  Every time we went out the cabin door, I turned the wrong way, so he made this helpful reminder for me. 😁

Perfect for me..I never get it right!

Best door displays we've seen  on X were on Infinity for a Halloween cruise!  We usually just put out our Cruise Critic door sign..

38 minutes ago, orchestrapal said:

On some premium and luxury lines we have seen them removed by staff!

I think this is what I was worried about. Not so much worried about loosing my sign, but of being branded "that" guest ruining the sophisticated ambiance for everyone on my deck.