Do you call for EVERY price drop?

9 hours ago, BrandFam4 said:

Yes! I saved a ton of money doing that on our last cruise.

Our cruise for Spring Break 2020 has gone up $800 just from booking it last month!

I checked today on our Europe July Cruise in 2020 and it went up $1000 per person from when we booked 3 months ago. Is this a coincidence that the 2020 cruises mentioned in this thread, all went up a lot. I suspect is isn't.  

• Like 1

I just called as I checked online and it looks like my cruise is now $400 cheaper and they now offer $300 on-board credit.   I was told that they could reprice my cruise but I wouldn’t get the on-board credit?   Does that sound right?   I’m a newbie so maybe that’s the norm.  

• Like 1

So question related to this since my current booking is the first cruise that we've booked far enough out to watch for price changes.

My current booking shows to be the same price but Royal has added $300obc. I'm currently getting a $200 C&A discount. Can a TA keep my C&A number on the reservation for points/perks but not take the discount so I can get the OBC instead of the discount? (300 OBC vs 200 discount)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BobbyOrr said:

I checked today on our Europe July Cruise in 2020 and it went up $1000 per person from when we booked 3 months ago. Is this a coincidence that the 2020 cruises mentioned in this thread, all went up a lot. I suspect is isn't.  

Not a coincidence, all about supply and demand.  Europe cruises in July are peak season and high demand.  Just like Spring break cruises.  Our March cruise out of Galveston was one third the price to than the following week, peak Spring break week in Texas.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, voyager70 said:

But you can leave it for your kids.

Yea, right 🤣🤣

If they're lucky they can split the condo with Bella

20190421_151847.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

You guys in the US are lucky.  Here in the UK it’s like playing roulette when you book.  You just have to hope you’ve booked at the right time!  Only way to get a cheaper deal is to cancel, lose your deposit, and rebook! ( unless you book onboard in next cruise and then I think you are allowed one change without charge)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nashirak said:

So question related to this since my current booking is the first cruise that we've booked far enough out to watch for price changes.

My current booking shows to be the same price but Royal has added $300obc. I'm currently getting a $200 C&A discount. Can a TA keep my C&A number on the reservation for points/perks but not take the discount so I can get the OBC instead of the discount? (300 OBC vs 200 discount)

Yes, you can take advantage of whichever promotion works better for you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Check 10 - 20 cruises constantly 😱

Hear about price drops here. 🤔

See lazy comment from earlier😉

I have 12 booked, and will check once a week, usually around Tuesday (price changes seem to happen on a Monday?)  Yeah, like you...it's time consuming, but sometimes I score pretty well.  Nothing lately though...just huge increases....which is not a bad thing anyway, making me glad I booked early! 😮 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yea, right 🤣🤣

If they're lucky they can split the condo with Bella

20190421_151847.jpg

Gorgeous view!

3 hours ago, rattla said:

You guys in the US are lucky.  Here in the UK it’s like playing roulette when you book.  You just have to hope you’ve booked at the right time!  Only way to get a cheaper deal is to cancel, lose your deposit, and rebook! ( unless you book onboard in next cruise and then I think you are allowed one change without charge)

Boooo! 😞

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Philatelyisforme said:

I just called as I checked online and it looks like my cruise is now $400 cheaper and they now offer $300 on-board credit.   I was told that they could reprice my cruise but I wouldn’t get the on-board credit?   Does that sound right?   I’m a newbie so maybe that’s the norm.  

They've always given me both, but I haven't been doing this as long as some of the others. Maybe call back and speak to someone else?

OK, so it sounds like it's "old school" monitoring & fake sample bookings to see if prices have changed.  The cruise we are on this summer has already increased substantially and we originally booked it using credits RCL owed us so the cost difference is $2K more than we paid so I'll leave it alone now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nashirak said:

Yes they can

4 hours ago, rattla said:

High time to try booking with an US-based travel agent 😀 that's what I do....

3 minutes ago, Klsnyder74 said:

Will they honor deals from other sites....like ***** or is it only the deal on the Royal website?

Depends on the travel agency.  Most will make the call to Royal on your behalf and get the price drop.  However, some might charge for that service.  Or have a limit to the number of times they will drop the price.  You may also lose some perks from the travel agency when you get a price drop.  These are important issues to discuss with the travel agency before you book with them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Depends on the travel agency.  Most will make the call to Royal on your behalf and get the price drop.  However, some might charge for that service.  Or have a limit to the number of times they will drop the price.  You may also lose some perks from the travel agency when you get a price drop.  These are important issues to discuss with the travel agency before you book with them.

I actually mean the opposite.  I booked through Royal on their website.  Will Royal Honor *** price that they have listed if I call and tell them that price?

8 minutes ago, Klsnyder74 said:

I actually mean the opposite.  I booked through Royal on their website.  Will Royal Honor *** price that they have listed if I call and tell them that price?

No, Royal will not match prices from anyplace but their own website.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2019 at 8:16 AM, island lady said:

My Alaska cabin went up almost 2K!  😮 

I agree, Alaska cruises seem to only go up in price.  We booked this july alaska cruise on ovation in 2017, our cabin has gone up almost $4k.  Wanted to do a star class room with my brother and it was $18k for the 7 of us which I thought was a great price.  Now the price for 3 in a star class is over $20k. 

5 hours ago, frank808 said:

I agree, Alaska cruises seem to only go up in price.  We booked this july alaska cruise on ovation in 2017, our cabin has gone up almost $4k.  Wanted to do a star class room with my brother and it was $18k for the 7 of us which I thought was a great price.  Now the price for 3 in a star class is over $20k. 

Yikes!!  😮   But then again, maybe not so unusual.  Everything is expensive in Alaska, the state only has about four  months to make money to last them the whole bitter winter! 😵  "I shot six holes in my freezer"....Maybe Jimmy spent some time up there.  😉 🐦🐦

• 2 weeks later...

just had my TA save me about 100 on my next cruise last week....  same cabin.  considering im paying for double and most likely traveling alone I am excited about the savings.

• Like 1