Closeline Candied Bacon

jhannah

Have you had a chance to try this in the Pinnacle Grille? It is certainly unique among starters! I thought it was fantastic! I know it isn't on any diet plan, but ya' gotta' step out every now and then! 😁

P1040472.JPG

Edited by jhannah
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Bacon is OK on my type 2 diabetes plan.  I'd just have to see if the "candied" part is under 40 grams of carbs.  I'd have no problem making that just my meal and fill-in with diet-allowed veggies!!!!

At first I thought this was going to be a comical thread on how to make bacon jerky on your veranda.  

It appears that this bacon is served with lemon, dill pickle, and mustard.  Do you eat it with fingers or cut into pieces with knife and fork?  I've had candied bacon from the oven but not from a "clothesline."  Maybe you can request it extra crispy.  Cherie

• Like 1

I too tried the bacon - a gentleman sitting at the next table had the steward bring me a piece from his clothesline.  It was sliced thicker then normal bacon, the maple syrup added to the flavour and of course the presentation isn't something I thought one would see in the PG.

Several of our roll call members had this on the Prinsendam and raved about it.

I was not so adventurous (I’m not keen on American bacon - sorry - nor having it over cooked 😉 ) so we stuck with our caviar and other such splurges.

But our table mates had tried it on another night and raved about it as well as others.

Like sevigny, this was on the Prinsendam.   

Nieuw Statendam:  the couple next to my table ordered this item.  The presentation surely is unique and they seemed to enjoy it.  Would what I observed encourage me to order it?  Absolutely not.  It's pretentious.  Healthy?  Certainly not!  Why would I choose to begin to fill my stomach with a breakfast related item prior to enjoying a Pinnacle Grill dinner?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I love Bacon!!  But it has to be very crispy for me.

I have eaten chocolate coated bacon.

The bacon in the picture doesn't look very crisp.

Limp bacon is a sacrilege...

Try some cocolate with bacon in it - Like Vosges Haut-Chocolat's "Mo's Bacon Bar" - comes in dark or milk chocolate.  Use that for a s'more - Oh my!!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Why would I choose to begin to fill my stomach with a breakfast related item prior to enjoying a Pinnacle Grill dinner?

Perhaps because it's insanely good based on many comments here? 🤔

It's definitely on my list of what I'll be ordering in the PG on our upcoming Oosterdam sailing! 😋

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Perhaps because it's insanely good based on many comments here? 🤔

It's definitely on my list of what I'll be ordering in the PG on our upcoming Oosterdam sailing! 😋

I hope it meets your expectations.  From what I observed, I stand by my previous statements that its presentation is pretentious.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Have you tried it?

No, I have not.  And, I have no intention to do so.  

Bacon as starter for a dinner?  Weird in itself.  And, as I have said previously, the entire presentation is pretentious.

1 minute ago, whogo said:

There are only two ways to eat bacon in my book: plain or with lettuce, tomato, and mayo on toast.

Sounds like you need to expand your horizons a little bit.. 😉

• Like 5

1 minute ago, rkacruiser said:

No, I have not.  And, I have no intention to do so.  

Bacon as starter for a dinner?  Weird in itself.  And, as I have said previously, the entire presentation is pretentious.

Maybe you should open your horizons and try it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Maybe you should open your horizons and try it.

We have had this several times the last two weeks  on NADM and loved it every time- likely again tonight before my pork chop.  Not at all pretentious- many restaurants are serving it now. Most use wooden clothes pins to hold it up

• Like 2