Fish and Ships specialty restaurant coming to Ovation of the Seas

11 minutes ago, nnfham said:

Here the link to to the story. 

Some links get cut off by CC.

Biker, who wonders how much the entrees will go up from the previous $6.

Edited by Biker19

1 minute ago, hapster85 said:

Fixed

hapster85 Thank you for correcting my mistake. 

They are removing the Kung FU Noodle Shop and replacing it with the Fish and Chips restaurant. 

On Independence it also served as a bar near the pool.  At spring break last March I pitied anyone who just wanted food and had to get in that line - most people were using it as just another bar.  Rarely saw anyone paying for food there.

Anyone want to share a link to the article in a fashion that doesn’t trigger the thought police?  I mean really, this is a Royal Caribbean message board and someone is trying to share relevant information about a real time change in offerings on board, and we can’t seem to get that information here?  Maybe this page isn’t the authority on all things cruising it touts itself to be.....

2 minutes ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

Anyone want to share a link to the article in a fashion that doesn’t trigger the thought police?  I mean really, this is a Royal Caribbean message board and someone is trying to share relevant information about a real time change in offerings on board, and we can’t seem to get that information here?  Maybe this page isn’t the authority on all things cruising it touts itself to be.....

Just google fish n ships...pretty easy to find 

15 minutes ago, crochetcruise said:

Tried to google, nothing involving Royal Caribbean came up via google. Will try the Royal Caribbean website in Australia, think Ovation's here over summer.

Good idea. Ovation is there in your Spring/Summer season, which is roughly November - March. We sailed her in December, and heard some discussion about a new Fish N Chips place perhaps being added back then already.

23 minutes ago, crochetcruise said:

Tried to google, nothing involving Royal Caribbean came up via google. Will try the Royal Caribbean website in Australia, think Ovation's here over summer.

I just did a Google search under Ovation Fish N Chips.

It returned several results, the first of which was this one...which should answer all you questions:

http://www.*oyalcaribbeanblog.com/category/category/fish-and-ships

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

10 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

I'm really growing tired of the extra-fee places cruise lines are installing.

I use to laugh at a certain drive by poster here that claimed the only "included" meals would be in the buffet before long.  She may not be far off with that assumption 🤬

• Like 1

Royal Caribbean is right on top of the latest trend in dinning, Fish 'n chips. 🙄

What's next, Haggis on a stick, served with a Tang, and a side of Frank 'n beans?

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ryano said:

I use to laugh at a certain drive by poster here that claimed the only "included" meals would be in the buffet before long.  She may not be far off with that assumption 🤬

I'd agree with that statement.  I'd bet on by 2030 you either get buffet, you buy a meal plan for specialty, or buy specialty a la carte.  They can create a lot of revenue generating specialty dining in the area MDR's take up now.  I used to think the MDR would become their own meal plan; they may on older ships (all Vision, Sovereign, and likely Radiance class will be gone by 2030) that simply don't have the space or infrastructure to do otherwise.  Very easy to convert Quantum-class to 4 specialty venues.  

Do you think they will keep popping out 99% identical Oasis class without more revenue generating venues? 

I thought it was tacky for Carnival to charge for frozen fried food and I think it is also tacky for RCI to do the same.  Fresh seafood is one thing, but fried pool area food at a charge is offputting.  Then again RCI is removing pool deck space on ships for a la carte takeout hamburger and fries, so I am not at all surprised. And people will pay.  

The next time you buy $3 French Fries or $8 frozen fried fish on a ship you are putting one more nail in the death of the MDR. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Type in

”Royal Caribbean fish n chips”

GOT IT!! Thank goodness for a skilled teacher who can explain in basic terms-and keep their patience! Looks very interesting. I know scampi as prawns and regularly enjoy them at a local shop.