Port Canaveral or Ft. Lauderdale?

hello!

For those who have sailed from both ports which one do you prefer?

I am about to book 2020 cruise from Florida but can't decide between these 2 ports..

I really like Itinerary from Ft. Lauderdale but I have to drive further of course..  is Ft. Lauderdale cruise port easy to navigate? 

thanks!!

5 minutes ago, mook1525 said:

hello!

For those who have sailed from both ports which one do you prefer?

I am about to book 2020 cruise from Florida but can't decide between these 2 ports..

I really like Itinerary from Ft. Lauderdale but I have to drive further of course..  is Ft. Lauderdale cruise port easy to navigate? 

thanks!!

If driving it wouldn't matter to me

Much wider variety of ships and itineraries out of Ft. Lauderdale, but Port Canaveral (if you are driving in anyway) is much easier to navigate, and the Cocoa Beach area is a lot friendlier and more economical than Ft. Lauderdale. The three hour drive between the two ports is not bad (except at rush hour), so I'd make the choice based first on ship/itinerary, and then weigh in the other personal preference factors.

I havent sailed out of FLL yet but I am very partial to PC.  I love the area and getting through the port is such a breeze.  FLL is 3 hours further and I already have a 8.5 hour drive so it doesnt really appeal to me.  Not to mention, RC has always kept a fairly new ship at PC to sail the Eastern and Western itineraries.   There are more choices out of FLL but for me, I will stick to PC or Tampa because they are both closer to home. 

If you were flying then I would say FLL but since you are driving then I would choose based on ship and itinerary.  We have done both but since we fly FLL is easier getting from the airport to the port and vice versa.

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Go to Ft Lauderdale,  to crowded in PC

I forget to mention the complimentary cocktails with the expansive beach view in PC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I forget to mention the complimentary cocktails with the expansive beach view in PC.

Well there is that. 😎 🏖 🍺

20190530_130337.thumb.jpg.e6dc23b1ae3653da641a4568eeb97f9d.jpg

Are you down here now?  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Well there is that. 😎 🏖 🍺

Are you down here now?  

Not yet, but should be sometime in the summer.  Just figure out which will be the hottest day of the year, and that will be moving day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Not yet, but should be sometime in the summer.  Just figure out which will be the hottest day of the year, and that will be moving day.

Merritt island is 5 degrees hotter than us and Orlando is 10 degrees hotter.  Crazy

We prefer Fort Lauderdale both because the beach front area is fun and we like ease/closeness of the airport....since you're driving I would say go with the closer drive! Both are very nice, easy ports with plenty to do in the area if you're coming in the night before.

Last time I chose Port Canaveral for two reasons: lower fare for a similar itinerary (this is not always the case), and nonstop flights from where I live to Orlando/Sanford, not that either Orlando/MCO or SFB is anywhere near Port Canaveral. For an upcoming booking, I've chosen Fort Lauderdale because of the itinerary. Driving, Port Canaveral is easier and and hotels are less expensive.