Welcoming Royal Caribbean to the Silversea Family. Exclusive Offer

This from South Florida, SunSentinel on June 14, 2018:  Royal Caribbean said it would acquire 67 percent of Silversea Cruises, which offers trips to more than 900 destinations around the world, for about $1 billion. The deal values Monaco-based Silversea at about $2 billion.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/fl-bz-royal-caribbean-buys-silversea-20180614-story.html

Edited by sunnyv

18 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Doesn't matter, the real question is does the discount code actually work?

It works on 7 night cruises but I could not get it on shorter ones.  Works with the balcony discount as well

Edited by molly361

SUMMARY

View pricing by guest
Central Park View Balcony
$2,472.00
2 Guests

New To RoyalNRD
-$100.00
BOGO50 NRD
-$730.00
Balc Suite NRD
-$250.00
Subtotal:
$1,392.00
Taxes & Fees
$247.30
Total For Room (after discounts)
$1,639.30

12 hours ago, molly361 said:

It works on 7 night cruises but I could not get it on shorter ones.  Works with the balcony discount as well

I cannot get it to work on any cruise I pick via the U.K. site. I get error of “ Your promotion code is invalid for this destination”.....

However picking exactly the same cruise date on the USA site works (and as already pointed out, it’s combinable with D+ discount!).  

Edited by little britain

Waiting for the complaint threads to start on here that “My cruise went up by $100/$200”  because Royal disallowed my promo code.

I can certainly see Royal auditing the use of these promo codes to ensure that those using it had actually sailed on Silversea.

34 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I can certainly see Royal auditing the use of these promo codes to ensure that those using it had actually sailed on Silversea.

That's too much work for them.

Biker, who is surprised this code actually works.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Seems like a reasonable thought.  Though I am reminded of the early days of airline frequent flyer miles in the 80s. The major airlines didn't audit anything, but that was way before personal computers and the interweb. 

MIAMI, July 31, 2018 – Silversea Cruises, a pioneer and leader in ultra-luxury and expedition cruising, has officially joined the family of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL).

The companies announced today they have closed on RCL’s acquisition of a two-thirds stake in Silversea after receiving final approval from regulators. The investment unites two leading players in the cruise industry and fills out RCL’s portfolio of cruise brands across all key market segments.

“We are proud to officially welcome Silversea’s industry-leading team to the RCL family,” said Richard D. Fain, Chairman and CEO of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. “This is a dynamite combination and we can’t wait to work with Manfredi, Roberto and the entire team as together we take Silversea to the next level.”

It will be interesting to read the posts from Silversea cruisers who find out the hard way that their $100 off perk to be part of the "family" provides them with the opportunity to pay for all of their drinks, specialty meals, gratuities, etc. and that their personal butler no longer exists. Should be fun...:classic_laugh:

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1