Allure Refurb 2020

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

What's the prospect that Samba survives the refurbishment.

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I bet zero.

Pity. I kind of liked it. Can't imagine that will take more than 30 minutes out of the refurb crew's day to remove all vestiges of Samba.

1 hour ago, Sherri914 said:

I, for one, hate that they're putting those giant purple slides in.  The last few Boardwalk balcony cabins had a lovely aft / wake view but now that will be obstructed by the purple monstrosities.  But I know a lot of people really love them.   For me, just the thought of sliding down an enclosed tube like that makes me almost hyperventilate!  

Also not a fan of the purple slides. If I found them more enjoyable, I might have a different opinion. But I don't and thus I don't.

1 minute ago, starvenger said:

Pity. I kind of liked it. Can't imagine that will take more than 30 minutes out of the refurb crew's day to remove all vestiges of Samba. ...

We've never done Samba, but the fact that they only put it on two ships leads me to believe it didn't work (not enough profit per sq ft of area) for them.

Yeah, it was never that busy, and if you don't have enough patronage at a Brazilian steakhouse concept you end up wasting a lot of cooked food. So if they do axe it I'd understand since it would seemingly be a sound business decision. But I'd be saddened by it's demise.

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What is the other ship?

Radiance. 

I believe Radiance was the first of her class to get major upgrades, and they just loaded her with specialty restaurants.  Rita's is no longer operating.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sherri914 said:

I, for one, hate that they're putting those giant purple slides in.  The last few Boardwalk balcony cabins had a lovely aft / wake view but now that will be obstructed by the purple monstrosities.  But I know a lot of people really love them.   For me, just the thought of sliding down an enclosed tube like that makes me almost hyperventilate!  

I agree with this ! I am holding out hope, probably foolishly, that they will leave one of the sisters alone. Why do all 4 (plus #5 I bet) have to have all the same features?

mac_tlc

12 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

I agree with this ! I am holding out hope, probably foolishly, that they will leave one of the sisters alone. Why do all 4 (plus #5 I bet) have to have all the same features?

mac_tlc

Because the bean counters won't allow it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

Apparently they are giving the people what they want. I think they look cool from a distance. Better than the slides on Voyager and Freedom ships.

47 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Apparently they are giving the people what they want. I think they look cool from a distance. Better than the slides on Voyager and Freedom ships.

When I show picture of the ships to people who aren't cruisers and are unfamiliar with the Megaships they all immediately pick out the Ultimate Abyss and when I describe it to them they all love the idea.

I for one enjoy the Abyss and rode it multiple times on my HOTS sailing and am looking forward to it on Symphony.

As we don't book boardwalk balconies the sight lines don't affect me.

56 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

My gripe is with the Ultimate Abyss, not so much the water slides. I would just rather have the aft view, and it definitely affects the view from many of the Boardwalk Balcony cabins. Its not like people don't have the opportunity to enjoy the Abyss -- it will be on at least 3 of 4, and probably 5 of 5 of the Oasis class ships. If you would rather have the view, you are SOL.  I don't know, which view do you prefer?

Allure of the Seas - BoardwalkSymphony of the Seas - 1/26/19

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

My gripe is with the Ultimate Abyss, not so much the water slides. I would just rather have the aft view, and it definitely affects the view from many of the Boardwalk Balcony cabins. Its not like people don't have the opportunity to enjoy the Abyss -- it will be on at least 3 of 4, and probably 5 of 5 of the Oasis class ships. If you would rather have the view, you are SOL.  I don't know, which view do you prefer?

Allure of the Seas - BoardwalkSymphony of the Seas - 1/26/19

I dont book Boardwalk, so it really doesn't affect me. I will ride the slide a few times a cruise. Its fun.

FWIW, I kind of thought the BW was designed for people watching 

Edited by John&LaLa

34 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Maybe they will put Cats on this ship😇

Here we go again....

CATS is better than this

20190329_181726.thumb.jpg.9288d8f01101bbdc567dfe779c4ebcca.jpg

At least these folks can sing

20190511_093737.thumb.jpg.a435728e10c389d9e67b189a7185891f.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

We've never done Samba, but the fact that they only put it on two ships leads me to believe it didn't work (not enough profit per sq ft of area) for them.

Samba is available for booking in our cruise planner for Allure Nov. 2020. So maybe/maybe not. I liked Samba on Radiance, so I hope that they decide to retain it. 

8 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Samba is available for booking in our cruise planner for Allure Nov. 2020. So maybe/maybe not. I liked Samba on Radiance, so I hope that they decide to retain it. 

We shall see.  It would not surprise me if Royal's takes bookings for a venue that won't be around by the time of the cruise.