Another Cut No more tote bags

gerelmx

26 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

We are sailing in the Eclipse to Hawaii, I ask to my Concierge room attendant about the tote bag, he answers no more tote bags 

We had one for our cruise preceding yours last week (the last Eclipse Alaska cruise for the season)...

We had the cheapy bag everyone gets in our room --

and when I asked the stateroom attendant about the Concierge gift--he said it was Suites only now and had been cut from Concierge

Heard from another pax who sailed the week before she got the same answer

IMHO If Celebrity is going to cut things from the room perks and Captains Club--they need to make that public (no gift, no fruit etc) because the website lists the "perks" and such--and removing them is done secretly

We did get a nice bag delivered to our room later

Edited by Fogfog
  • Like 1

We were on a B2B2B on the Eclipse last spring boarding in Buenos Aires and leaving the ship in Vancouver.  We received both the inexpensive shopping bag and the nice tote on all three legs.  

We were on the Solstice for a week boarding on August 2nd.  On that cruise we received the shopping bag but no nice tote.  I asked and was told that it was quality issue with the supplier, and the ship had a limited number onboard.    I was offered one, but have so many I declined as I was just curious as to why I wasn't seeing them around the ship.   And in Michael's Club on disembarkation day I didn't see any of the nice bags.  

I am just curious also we are on the equinox in one month in a sky suite and wanted to know if they are still giving tote bags out otherwise I will bring my own I have a few from previous cruises . Or does it just vary from cruise ship to cruise ship ??

On the Celebrity webpage for Concierge Class they no longer state Tote Bags as part of the room amenities.  Mmmm... hadn't noticed that until now.  Actually only suites state that you get a Tote bag now.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/nz/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/concierge-class-stateroom

1536493753_ScreenShot2019-09-26at10_19_16AM.thumb.png.a14937327fcc67caca20e7b172792aee.png

Edited by Scottygirl1

49 minutes ago, sdnich said:

I am just curious also we are on the equinox in one month in a sky suite and wanted to know if they are still giving tote bags out otherwise I will bring my own I have a few from previous cruises . Or does it just vary from cruise ship to cruise ship ??

Received this last month on Equinox, in a suite last month.  It’s fine, but I used the old one this doesn’t have the zip top feature.  They also didn’t give it out til halfway through the sailing.

Everything on board was great, I had zero complaints.   

DCDAC586-7EF2-4831-8C47-A128B6D813D2.jpeg

1 hour ago, Scottygirl1 said:

On the Celebrity webpage for Concierge Class they no longer state Tote Bags as part of the room amenities.  Mmmm... hadn't noticed that until now.  Actually only suites state that you get a Tote bag now.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/nz/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/concierge-class-stateroom

1536493753_ScreenShot2019-09-26at10_19_16AM.thumb.png.a14937327fcc67caca20e7b172792aee.png

Wonder when this happened

As both the fresh fruit and tote bags are gone

Whats interesting is IF you booked a room with amenities and then they remove them without a word...

The nice zip totes without the logo were our fav...Discreet and useful

We never remember the shoe shine.... though with Captains Club perk like the pressed items etc

Edited by Fogfog

9 minutes ago, dogsdogs said:

I just read the perks for Aqua class again and they no longer mention the tote and the bottle of champagne seems to be gone too.  I can't remember the rest of the list from a previous sailing.

WOW

When did this happen?

Celebrity is cutting back....

Amenities

• Welcome bottled water
  • Daily delivery of flavored tea upon request
  • Daily delectable delights
  • Pillow menu
  • Plush 100% cotton bathrobes, slippers and towels
  • Plush Bathrobes
  • Use of umbrella and binoculars

We were given the  flimsy tote on Equinox on the Sept cruise, even though previously we were always given the better quality tote in Concierge Class cabins. We didn't get fresh fruit either. We did eventually get the bottle of wine, but I'm not sure if that is a Concierge benefit or a Captain's Club benefit. 

We have at least a half dozen of the nicer tote bags so don't care if they are still giving them out.  Would be better if they just gave a tote bag to new Celebrity sailors and them something else to those of us who have cruised repeatedly.  I mean how many do you really need?  

• Like 2

I confirmed with the concierge on the Equinox that concierge class no longer gets tote bags.  Not a big deal to me as I don't care for the current version which does not have a zipper in the top (I had received one in my suite on the previous cruise).  Apparently function got left behind in this amenity as it also did in some of the stateroom furnishings.  But they're grey, which is what I guess is important to Celebrity.

2 hours ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

We were given the  flimsy tote on Equinox on the Sept cruise, even though previously we were always given the better quality tote in Concierge Class cabins. We didn't get fresh fruit either. We did eventually get the bottle of wine, but I'm not sure if that is a Concierge benefit or a Captain's Club benefit. 

The current amenities list says that sparkling wine is available to AQ and Concierge by request. In AQ, we have had it there when we embark and one time had to ask.