Another Cut No more tote bags

gerelmx

36 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

The current amenities list says that sparkling wine is available to AQ and Concierge by request. In AQ, we have had it there when we embark and one time had to ask.

I just checked the list of amenities for AQ class on X web site, but it does not list sparkling wine.  We board in a week.  Would be happy to see it, but not expecting anything.

15 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

I just checked the list of amenities for AQ class on X web site, but it does not list sparkling wine.  We board in a week.  Would be happy to see it, but not expecting anything.

I think AQ benefits include concierge benefits (except boarding day lunch and concierge). If the sparkling wine isn't there, be sure to ask. We had it in April in AQ. 🙂

• Like 1

I confirmed with the concierge on the Equinox that concierge class no longer gets tote bags.  Not a big deal to me as I don't care for the current version which does not have a zipper in the top (I had received one in my suite on the previous cruise).  Apparently function got left behind in this amenity as it also did in some of the stateroom furnishings.  But they're grey, which is what I guess is important to Celebrity.
Interesting

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I think AQ benefits include concierge benefits (except boarding day lunch and concierge). If the sparkling wine isn't there, be sure to ask. We had it in April in AQ. 🙂

Still there! If the bottle is not waiting for you in your stateroom simply ask your stateroom attendant. You can also have a wine of the same value instead of the sparkling wine.

We have always sailed in either AQ, CC, or SS, depending on cost and if our kids are with us or not.
I recently downgraded our adjoining AQ and CC (us in AQ, kids in CC next door) rooms to balconies, mostly after the footstool debacle.  It wasn't the only reason, but frankly sort of felt like the straw that broke the camel's back.  I could not really see what else I was paying for in CC (the embarkation lunch is nice but what else?!) and we can live with or without Blu...

Glad I made that call.  Looks like a BUNCH of amenities I would have been expecting have been cancelled since I booked the trip.  And none added that I can recall...

We have enough totes but  like the  small, no zip, paper thin one they have just for an extra on board,  

On EDGE in Jan we were in AQ , and received several kinds... including the gray, the Berkus with tassel.    Dh's fav is the plain blue canvas one with zipper...from pre EDGE days.

Edited by hcat

What about first time cruiser?  Those tote bags were  a good take home gift from a cruise to display to friends and families members. Plus, it was free advertisement that you have taken 

a Celebrity Cruise 

Edited by cruise47
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

I asked and was told that it was quality issue with the supplier, and the ship had a limited number onboard.    I was offered one, but have so many I declined as I was just curious as to why I wasn't seeing them around the ship.   And in Michael's Club on disembarkation day I didn't see any of the nice bags.  

I love the creative response, "Quality issue".  I wonder if he made it up on his own or if it was scripted?

4 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

We have always sailed in either AQ, CC, or SS, depending on cost and if our kids are with us or not.
I recently downgraded our adjoining AQ and CC (us in AQ, kids in CC next door) rooms to balconies, mostly after the footstool debacle.  It wasn't the only reason, but frankly sort of felt like the straw that broke the camel's back.  I could not really see what else I was paying for in CC (the embarkation lunch is nice but what else?!) and we can live with or without Blu...

Glad I made that call.  Looks like a BUNCH of amenities I would have been expecting have been cancelled since I booked the trip.  And none added that I can recall...

It has seemed like a bit of bait and switch going on with X the past few years. We tend to book our cruises far out, and the advertised benefits under which we book (eg footstools, included items in various beverage packages, shower panels in Aqua, etc.) have been downgraded or eliminated with no notice. It seems like bad faith in the very least selling under one set of promises, then changing those promises without notice or consideration of booking dates.

9 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

It has seemed like a bit of bait and switch going on with X the past few years. We tend to book our cruises far out, and the advertised benefits under which we book (eg footstools, included items in various beverage packages, shower panels in Aqua, etc.) have been downgraded or eliminated with no notice. It seems like bad faith in the very least selling under one set of promises, then changing those promises without notice or consideration of booking dates.

I have 2 footstools right now and a tote bag plus a blue shopping bag 🤷🏻‍♀️

7 hours ago, hcat said:

We have enough totes but  like the  small, no zip, paper thin one they have just for an extra on board,  

On EDGE in Jan we were in AQ , and received several kinds... including the gray, the Berkus with tassel.    Dh's fav is the plain blue canvas one with zipper...from pre EDGE days.

The blue one with the zipper and faux leather handles is my favorite also.  I use those for lots of other things.

• Like 3

I really really don't understand this whole tote bag thing. It's a $1.20 or less bag. And I already have a bag. Are you supposed to walk in ports to show that you're a naive cruiser in dire need of another trinket from China? Are you supposed to go shopping with it later to brag about having been on a cruise? Should you hang it on the wall? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AmazedByCruising said:

I really really don't understand this whole tote bag thing. It's a $1.20 or less bag. And I already have a bag. Are you supposed to walk in ports to show that you're a naive cruiser in dire need of another trinket from China? Are you supposed to go shopping with it later to brag about having been on a cruise? Should you hang it on the wall? 

I prefer to pack minimally. The provided tote bag is one less thing I have to pack. I find it very useful for bringing towels  to the beach, or to tote back (see what i did there?) souvenirs on a port day, eschewing plastic bags. And yes, I use them at home for shopping as well. I could care less about the free advertising for Celebrity.  I use it as its intended to be used.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, AmazedByCruising said:

Please provide your source for the cost of the tote bag. 🙄

21 minutes ago, AmazedByCruising said:

During the course of a cruise, we amass a lot of printed material, from local maps to daily activities to ...  At the end of the cruise, we pop all of these into our bag to take home. I'm sure that there are many, many other uses for the bags that other passengers have found, but if you can't think of a single use for yours, just leave them in the cabin.:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 2

For those who are questioning why people are unhappy about the totes, I think the two themes I’ve identified are this. Number one, people are tired of having benefits that were promised when they booked be cut.  Mostly on principle I think, but in some ways also that you paid for a set selection of benefits and now are not receiving them. The second reason is that if you have been on celebrity in the past you were probably expecting to have a bag, you may not have brought your own expecting to use the one provided. So now you don’t have a tote bag. Although I’m sure there are some for sale in the gift shop.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, yorky said:

We are on Equinox now and had a tote bag in our stateroom first day, so yes they are still supplied.

When we also were on Equinox, we received the nice blue leatherette zippered bag.  I did not expect it and brought on  an old one just in case.  My favorite bag.

They do run out of bags and have to re-stock.

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

The blue one with the zipper and faux leather handles is my favorite also.  I use those for lots of other things.

Our state has implemented a program to limit the use of plastic bags which requires all stores to charge for them now if people request them.

We use our X bags, including those Longchamp knock offs with the faux leather handles, for all our shopping. 😊

• Like 1

17 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Listen people , those reinstated free movies in the cabins aren't going to pay for themselves . 

Cuts must be made ! 😲

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Please provide your source for the cost of the tote bag. 🙄

Alibaba.com

Anyway, I see how people can put one to use. 

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

During the course of a cruise, we amass a lot of printed material, from local maps to daily activities to ...  At the end of the cruise, we pop all of these into our bag to take home.

That's exactly what I did on my first cruise. I realized just in time before my second cruise that I hadn't touched the bag since the day I disembarked and decided to throw it away. 

Btw, I already owned a bag to do groceries long before my first cruise.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AmazedByCruising said:

Btw, I already owned a bag to do groceries long before my first cruise.

A bag? You can get all your groceries in one bag? Kudos to you! I must have at least a half dozen assorted fabric bags in the trunk of my car, solely for shopping.