What Broadway play would you want to see on rccl?

28 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had no problem at all with the accents nor have I met anyone who has.

Sorry, that was not my point... it is not the hearing and understanding, but the actual using of the accent by the actor, it is a tough accent to perform and in London, to me, just sounds off.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 9:40 AM, George C said:

We enjoy going to plays in NYC and in Dallas,  one of our favorites would be Beautiful which is about Carol King, another good one would be Come from away. 

Come from Away would be AWESOME and considering that the actual show is only 1 hour 45 minutes with no intermission and minimal sets, it would be easy to do.

I absolutely love that show and want to see it again when it returns to Florida in the spring.  You go from tears to laughter, sadness to joy, it is an amazing show.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife and I belong to a theater club and see 8 to 10 shows a year.We get a group rate and have Orchestra seats for all the shows.I love theater acting.In my opinion there is nothing better.We did not see Hamilton yet but one of our daughters saw it several times.She went to high school with Javier Munoz who was in the original production.

My daughter and I hated to admit it, but we saw Hamilton and CFA within six months of each other and we agree, CFA is superior.  Hamilton has amazing music, but you can get all that listening to the soundtrack.  CFA is so much more.

23 hours ago, Junkhouse said:

Titanic (haha)

Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat

Annie Get your Gun

Jeckyll and Hyde

Disney musicals (not going to happen)

12 hours ago, Drock20J said:

I love this show! Other than the subject matter (Biblical) it pretty much checks all of the boxes.

My friend was in the Original Cast. This would be an easy show to pull off as  the set simple, but as you mentioned, the subject matter is VERY adult, and the lyrics are explicit.

10 hours ago, air7700 said:

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream coat. Or Million Dollar Quartet. Good music and family friendly. 

I can get behind Joseph. Big fan of Pharoah and his wife. Damn Yankees is good as well.

Once again, isnt Million Dollar Quartet taken

Edited by John&LaLa

I dont mean to rain on everyone's parade, but the second biggest complaint for CATS is the length.

Hamilton, Les Miz, and Wicked are longer 

Chicago and Phantom are about the same.

It seems most real musicals are at least as long as CATS

Some folks suggested shorter versions, but that just seems wrong

29 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Those are enjoyable shows to most, as opposed to CATS.

That's not the point. Countless people have said time and again they won't waste 2.5 hours on a show.

Oh, and we walked out of Chicago on Allure. Got bored

Personally, I miss the old way of doing shows. They just did one or two songs from a half dozen musicals

Evita

Phantom

Fiddler

CATS

And a couple more that skip my mind

Usually ran under an hour

Edited by John&LaLa

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That's not the point. ....

That's exactly the point.  If the show was enjoyable, people would not mind sitting through it.  Because it's not enjoyable to most, the length is an added insult.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That's exactly the point.  If the show was enjoyable, people would not mind sitting through it.  Because it's not enjoyable to most, the length is an added insult.

I hear you, but I still disagree. Probably why Royal shortened it to 90 minutes.