How far out have you booked

fredflint

I have booked a few cruises the day bookings opened, which made it about two years, some itineraries if you and an accessible cabin that’s your only choice, I currently have two cruises booked for Feb Mar 2021 that I booked at the start of this year.

I'm booked for Fall 2020, Baltic + Transatlantic and Spring 2021, Dubai to Southampton, both are 26 days.  I book early as I'm fussy about cabin location.  I've changed cabins on both already, increased my OBC and have prepaid gratuities for both.

I was out of $100 deposit, but TA was running a special, was able to get $100 for 2021. Otherwise I would have waited to book until my cruise next week.  Because I book so far out, I will not book unless the deposit is $100.

Edited by susancruzs

I've got 2 cruises and an all inclusive to Cancun booked currently..... all booked between August 1 and September 13.

Right now I'm 76 days from Cancun, 303 days until my Celebrity cruise, and 576 days until my Panama cruise with Princess.  When I booked my Princess cruise it was 642 days out at that time.  

I do tend to book things pretty far out sometimes.  😊

I tend to book at the last minute. Right now we're not going for the unique itineraries that sell out early. The farthest in advance we've booked was 10 months. It seemed like an eternity. This summer, I booked back-to-back cruises to Alaska three and a half weeks before the first cruise.

This is an interesting read, everyone has their own theories and reasons!  I'm about itinerary at this stage of my life.  I book early because on older ships I like Plaza Deck, Royal class I want Emerald Deck and the mid-ship cabins go quick, plus don't want to be over the theater.  I rarely get in an elevator or use the buffet area so being by the public area decks works for me.  Stairs are my friend!

• Like 1

We've booked as far as two years out (got insurance that far out) and if you take advantage of the sip n sail or three for free you usually must book out as much as 1.5 years out.  I'm retiring next year and very excited to be able to take advantage of last minute deals.

The shortest we have book out is 4 months. The longest was over 14 months out.

We average booking every 5 - 6 months because we are still working.

My job is more flexible than his.

Hoping when he retires (in the next year) that we can hop on that after final payment booking when hopefully its a 

few dollars less.

I just booked March 2022 Discovery Princes & May 2022 Discovery Princess.

I had to book as soon as the cruise became available since I need a Accessible Stateroom and there as usually very few to be found.

p.s. My kids think I am crazy to book 2 1/2 years ahead...

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 11:25 AM, CRUISEWITHH said:

I just booked March 2022 Discovery Princes & May 2022 Discovery Princess.

I had to book as soon as the cruise became available since I need a Accessible Stateroom and there as usually very few to be found.

p.s. My kids think I am crazy to book 2 1/2 years ahead...

You are not crazy :).  No way would we even consider booking a cruise that far in advance (we do not even look at schedules that far in advance.).  But when you have a good reason it does make sense to book.

Hank

We like to book when cruises are released.

We like to book our own cabin this way.  We keep an eye on the prices and if they come down, we contact our TA for reduction, however the release prices have worked out pretty good over the years.

We both work, so it makes it easier to plan our leave dates, then we work on a budget for our cruise.

We are just your average income workers, and people are always asking *How do you do it*....We live simply, stick to a budget, and planning ahead is the key.

Anything for the love of cruising.

Last week we booked January 2022 - 50day South America on the new Discovery Princess.

We are not working to support our adult children when we die...we are working to enjoy life, and travel the world while we can.

As the famous logo says

"JUST DO IT" 

• Like 3

On 10/13/2019 at 11:33 PM, 23ros said:

We like to book when cruises are released.

We like to book our own cabin this way.  We keep an eye on the prices and if they come down, we contact our TA for reduction, however the release prices have worked out pretty good over the years.

We both work, so it makes it easier to plan our leave dates, then we work on a budget for our cruise.

We are just your average income workers, and people are always asking *How do you do it*....We live simply, stick to a budget, and planning ahead is the key.

Anything for the love of cruising.

Last week we booked January 2022 - 50day South America on the new Discovery Princess.

We are not working to support our adult children when we die...we are working to enjoy life, and travel the world while we can.

As the famous logo says

"JUST DO IT" 

We just disembarked from the CORAL PRINCESS where the future cruise consultant announced about the DISCOVERY PRINCESS.  So like 23ros, we booked the January 2022 South America cruise-first time booking that far out.......

• Like 1

I booked Princess, Alaska, sailing on 6/13/2020 on 11/15/18 (the first day the itinerary became available for non-Elite). 

I booked HAL, So.Caribbean, sailing on 1/6/2021 on 6/17/19 -- with the Early Booking Bonus. 

I guess those are both about 19 months and probably represent the longest time available from when schedules are posted.

4 hours ago, DormMom said:

We just disembarked from the CORAL PRINCESS where the future cruise consultant announced about the DISCOVERY PRINCESS.  So like 23ros, we booked the January 2022 South America cruise-first time booking that far out.......

Good news DormMom.  We have a CC thread for the 50 day cruise South American Cruise.  Please join it.

I know it's over 2 years away, but we are excited. 🙂  

• Like 1