Post Cruise Survey

dmbcanada

Just got off the Jewel following 6 night Pacific Coastal and received an email from NCL asking about our cruise experience.   I completed the survey and had some not so nice things to say about the cruise, will NCL contact me to follow up or do these not really get read?   

4 hours ago, dmbcanada said:

Just got off the Jewel following 6 night Pacific Coastal and received an email from NCL asking about our cruise experience.   I completed the survey and had some not so nice things to say about the cruise, will NCL contact me to follow up or do these not really get read?   

We were on that cruise.  Our survey was less than flattering as well.  I also did a review here but it is not posted as yet.  So glad we waited till about 9:40PM to show up to check in!  Too many things to list here but a really sub-par overall experience.

4 hours ago, onetimearoundtheworld said:

I never understand why people actually fill those out.

It is valuable data for the company. So what compensation do you actually get for spending your time aka as working helping them make better business decisions?

A better cruise next time.

while an individual complaint can’t be acted on with the volume of surveys, they certainly look at metrics and trends. 

20 hours ago, dmbcanada said:

Guess you get more response when complaining in person as I witnessed platinum latitude members complain about their meal in a specialty restaurant and they were sucking up to them after that.   

Hi

Of course, if you have a specific complaint regarding a meal, the time to bring it up is immediately. It's harder to maintain credibility after you have cleaned your plate (so to speak).

22 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

I believe these are read, but it is very unlikely you will receive a response. I had a very profound and legitimate complaint and wrote to the NCL management and only received a "whatever" response from them.

The best way to respond to a significant failure from any company you have dealt with, especially after making a documented complaint that is not responded to satisfactorily, is to look to a different company next time.

On 10/15/2019 at 5:00 PM, zonacruiser25 said:

We were on that cruise.  Our survey was less than flattering as well.  I also did a review here but it is not posted as yet.  So glad we waited till about 9:40PM to show up to check in!  Too many things to list here but a really sub-par overall experience.

I found your review,  you were not on the same ship, you were on the Bliss. 

On 10/15/2019 at 10:12 AM, dmbcanada said:

Sorry to hear you had a bad time.  We were on that exact cruise and had a wonderful time.   If you are having an issue, the best time to complain is when the issue is happening.  The crew will most definitely try to fix the issue and continue to check in with you the entire cruise to make sure everything is ok.  Unfortunately, not much can be resolved after the fact. 

No they do not respond to unfavorable survey. That is why I pick up the phone and call when I have a concern. Please don't waste your time telling me calling does not work because I am proof it does. I complete an unfavorable review on the hotel director and his staff last year while on our b2b. Dropped it in the the box while on board. Did not hear from him while on board. Gave them a few weeks to contact me after getting home. Sent an email and attached a copy of the review (I took a pic with my iPad). At the bottom of the review I stated I would contact NCL if my concerns were not addressed while on board and since they were not I called. I am happy to say the NCL rep gave me a verbal apology and an upgraded on both of our upcoming cruises (b2b) with on board credit. 

I think the surveys come from a different email service than the regular promotional emails. I get both, but the survey was in my spam folder one time.

Surveys are used for statistical purposes. Like Bird says, with tens of thousands every month, you aren't going to get any kind of personalized attention to a comment you make. You might get a follow up if overall your survey was negative, as those can be isolated and followed up on with out spending anyone's time.

In large companies, all consumer complaints are the same way, even if you complain to a person. They are tallied and a score is given to the appropriate department. Your feedback is still important, and can influence decisions. But if you are looking for a specific reaction or some kind of compensation you need to do that though personal feedback, and not the surveys.

On 10/18/2019 at 10:44 AM, AlexandNessa said:

This is new and something we only received this one time. I rated the "value" of some things low.

Screenshot_20191010-103408_Email.thumb.jpg.b0d6571744b21d41a0c0a36081b437f8.jpg

I also received this e-mail a few days ago. Apparently I had rated the value as fair or poor, just as seen in this letter. I really can't recall why I rated it fair or poor, or even which cruise the survey was for. But from this letter it seems that only surveys that rate value as fair or poor will get a follow-up e-mail.