Does the Reflection have The Retreat Sundeck and Retreat Lounge

uscgmom

I know that Celebrity plans to update the design of their ships but was wondering if anyone who has recently been on the Reflection knows if there is a dedicated Retreat Sundeck and Lounge yet. Wondering if the price of a Sky Suite is worth it if not?

I do not think a Retreat Sundeck has been added yet to the Reflection.  They do have Michaels Club which is the current Suite guest lounge.  Even without the Retreat Sundeck we believe a Sky Suite is very much worth it.  We enjoy MC  as well as Luminae,  the dedicated Suite dining venue.  Other perks such as priority tendering and the suite concierge had been very helpful on past cruises.   Our experience with having a butler has been hit or miss.  We have had great Butler’s who have made cruises very special and other times our Butler has been practically non-existent.   Any request can usually be handled very efficiently in Michaels Club.  

I am sure someone else can chime is as to when the Reflection will make the change to The Retreat and Retreat Sundeck.  

Thank you for the information. We had a Sky Suite on the Edge and loved our butler, Luminae and the Retreat Deck...but not having to waste time looking around for pool chairs made the upgrade so worth it for us. Not sure it's worth the price difference if there isn't a dedicated pool deck.

Once revolutionized, my understanding is that Millennium and Solstice class ships will still not—unlike Edge—have a pool on the Retreat Sundeck.  Weight is apparently an issue and I believe the best one can hope for is installation of a hot tub in that area...

Following Edge design, Apex seemingly will have the additional pool at the Retreat Sundeck when she enters service next year...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, uscgmom said:

I know that Celebrity plans to update the design of their ships but was wondering if anyone who has recently been on the Reflection knows if there is a dedicated Retreat Sundeck and Lounge yet. Wondering if the price of a Sky Suite is worth it if not?

There is an ongoing thread here on the Sky Suite topic in case you have not seen it.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

i was researching the retreat issue on reflection and found this article. i figured for the price of the reflection cabin there should be a retreat so it's good they are installing it 

https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Celebrity-Reflection-685/deck16-912

The Retreat Sundeck (fka Solstice Deck) is an exclusive Sun Deck / outdoor relaxation area with premium seating and some technical equipment (4 satellite antennas and solar panels).

(drydock 2023 refurbishment) Solstice Deck was redesigned into "The Retreat Sundeck" - an all-inclusive outdoor relaxation area (for Suite passengers only) fitted with luxurious cabanas (for rent), sunbathing area (padded loungers, low tables, daybeds / canopied lounge beds), Retreat Bar (with high stools/bar chairs), The Retreat Lounge (24-hour open, with concierge services, complimentary beverages, gourmet bites, padded seating/premium garden furniture). Unlike Celebrity Cruises' newest ships, Reflection's Retreat Sundeck has no swimming pool and hot tubs (Jacuzzis/spa pools).

Reflection hasn't yet gone through the Revolution when they added the dedicated Retreat Sundeck.  Thus there will not be a dedicated sun bathing area.  

Michael's club that acts as a Retreat Lounge has also not been updated but I rather like it.   It is a clubby look and they still have a wrap around bar which as been eliminated on most of the revolutionized ships.  The revolutionized ships have gone more to an Airline Lounge feel and look.

Reflection has an extra deck than the other S-Class ships and has 30-40 additional suites but did not allocate more space for Luminae so it can be a bit crowded.

811631447346750.webp

• Like 2

Just off the Reflection and Michael’s Club serves as the retreat Lounge but @Jim_Iainpicture looks much more roomy than what it was last week.  They added some bar height tables & chairs and additional tables and 4 overstuffed chairs so it felt very crowded even when less than half full.  Service was excellent and the bartender, Cranston, was wonderful.  The Concierges John and Briton did a great job. 

No Sundeck.  Luminae wasn’t crowded but suites were not fully booked we have been on the Reflection when fully booked and there was often a wait to be seated in Luminae.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jelayne said:

They added some bar height tables & chairs and additional tables and 4 overstuffed chairs so it felt very crowded even when less than half full.  

I'm guessing:

The number of suites were increased when the ship was modified/updated a couple of years ago, however the RETREAT spaces weren't/couldn't easily be expanded.  Therefore, somebodies realized that the tried and true way to "increase capacity" was to cram in more furniture.  Viola!

Jim_lain, Michael's Club on the Reflection has been one of several reasons why we enjoy that ship so much.  Call it ambiance, call it fung shui, simply call it comfortable. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jelayne said:

Service was excellent and the bartender, Cranston, was wonderful.  The Concierges John and Briton did a great job. 

Those gentlemen took outstanding care of us in December.  

Cranston was almost finished making our drinks by the time we got from the door to the bar.  You know the large ice cubes they have at the WCB? I mentioned to Cranston one day that I preferred those as they melted slower and did not water down my drink.  The next time I came in he had one for my drink. 

I had to be very careful what I talked about around Briton and John or they would start trying to fix things that were not really broken in an effort to make sure we were well taken care of.  We hated having to leave at the end of our B2B. 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2022 at 12:16 AM, jelayne said:

Just off the Reflection and Michael’s Club serves as the retreat Lounge but @Jim_Iainpicture looks much more roomy than what it was last week.  They added some bar height tables & chairs and additional tables and 4 overstuffed chairs so it felt very crowded even when less than half full.  Service was excellent and the bartender, Cranston, was wonderful.  The Concierges John and Briton did a great job. 

No Sundeck.  Luminae wasn’t crowded but suites were not fully booked we have been on the Reflection when fully booked and there was often a wait to be seated in Luminae.

Boarded Refection today (2/26) and after a walkthrough of Michaels Club I wasn't impressed in the least. It's dark and crowded with too much furniture and not particularly spacious. I would say the Retreat Lounge on the Apex is the polar opposite in design and I much prefer the Apex Retreat Lounge. I can't see spending much time in this dark and uninviting space. For me the only redeeming feature are the giant refrigerator cases with complementary beverages, offering a vastly wider variety of beers than what was offered in the self service refrigerators on the Apex. 

Edited by kwokpot

On 10/16/2019 at 10:03 AM, Xport said:

Once revolutionized, my understanding is that Millennium and Solstice class ships will still not—unlike Edge—have a pool on the Retreat Sundeck.  Weight is apparently an issue and I believe the best one can hope for is installation of a hot tub in that area...

Following Edge design, Apex seemingly will have the additional pool at the Retreat Sundeck when she enters service next year...

Correct, we were on the Summit and the Sundeck only had a hot tub, there will be no pools on the M and S class ships.

It's 7pm on 2/26 and we're in Michael's Club for pre dinner drinks. The photos below down how many people there are in the lounge right now. There's only 891 passengers on the ship. Only 57 out of 111?? Suites are occupied.

There are no hors 'doeuvres available,no snacks,nothing. I asked for a cheese plate and he said he would have to go to the kitchen to get a cheese plate for me. I politely declined. That's not how it was at the Retreat Lounge on the Apex. 

I don't find these club chairs any more comfortable than the furniture at the Retreat Lounge on the Apex.

PXL_20220227_000243564.jpg

PXL_20220227_000221695.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Hor d‘oeuvres are served around 1530-1600 if I recall correctly on Reflection. 

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Hor d‘oeuvres are served around 1530-1600 if I recall correctly on Reflection. 

It's disappointing then as compared to the Retreat Lounge on the Apex. 7pm isn't late to have pre-dinner drinks with some snacks. 

No snacks in the lounge?  We were recently on the Equinox and the Millennium and both served snacks throughout the day in the retreat lounge.  These pictures do look a little dreary, but hopefully the furniture is more comfortable and practical than the new silly Hoppen designs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Boarded Refection today (2/26) and after a walkthrough of Michaels Club I wasn't impressed in the least. It's dark and crowded with too much furniture and not particularly spacious. I would say the Retreat Lounge on the Apex is the polar opposite in design and I much prefer the Apex Retreat Lounge. I can't see spending much time in this dark and uninviting space. For me the only redeeming feature are the giant refrigerator cases with complementary beverages, offering a vastly wider variety of beers than what was offered in the self service refrigerators on the Apex. 

Just wondering if you saw any vitamin water in those refrigerator cases.  I remember having to hunt from bar to bar to try to get one.

On 10/16/2019 at 9:29 AM, uscgmom said:

Thank you for the information. We had a Sky Suite on the Edge and loved our butler, Luminae and the Retreat Deck...but not having to waste time looking around for pool chairs made the upgrade so worth it for us. Not sure it's worth the price difference if there isn't a dedicated pool deck.

We always travel in a sky suite or above.  The perks, priority boarding-disembarking great.  We enjoy Luminae and Michaels club  and other perks- While the E class retreat sun deck is great- has a bar, serves a limited lunch, has a small pool and hot tub, rest rooms, great seating,  the service on the Reflection is special for suite members.  The suite sun deck isn't really available yet.  Hopefully it will eventually have all of the features of the e-class ships.  In addition the larger suite stateroom with great storage and bathroom is so much better.  The butler offers a nice touch- especially if you enjoy breakfast in your suite. We have had butlers that are great and one especially who did nothing for us-reflected in his tip.  Ironically, we had the "bad" butler on two different ships!

On 2/23/2022 at 11:13 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Michael's club that acts as a Retreat Lounge has also not been updated but I rather like it.   It is a clubby look and they still have a wrap around bar which has been eliminated on most of the revolutionized ships.  The revolutionized ships have gone more to an Airline Lounge feel and look.

Reflection has an extra deck than the other S-Class ships and has 30-40 additional suites but did not allocate more space for Luminae so it can be a bit crowded.

811631447346750.webp

Jim, you nailed the difference in feel!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:The butler offers a nice touch- especially if you enjoy breakfast in your suite. We have had butlers that are great and one especially who did nothing for us-reflected in his tip.  Ironically, we had the "bad" butler on two different ships!

Can’t you ask the Retreat Manager for a different butler if you have/had a bad experience with your assigned butler?