John&LaLa Live B2B from Symphony 10/26 and 11/2, Great Expectations 🎂

John&LaLa

What exactly makes you feel they "got it right" with this one?  Honeycomb in SL looks cool.  Of course you know we are disappointed with the suite product on RCI - are you noticing they are trying to up their game more?  Are the menus in CK still the same tired menus?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Andy C said:

What exactly makes you feel they "got it right" with this one?  Honeycomb in SL looks cool.  Of course you know we are disappointed with the suite product on RCI - are you noticing they are trying to up their game more?  Are the menus in CK still the same tired menus?

Design of solarium

Putting umbrellas back in beach pool

Starbucks back on Promenade

El Loco Fresh

Hot stations in Windjammer 

Some of this was on Harmony,  but I think they listened and tweaked her a little

Same menus

I'm not sure if the suite experience is any better. Staff seems top notch so far

• Like 2

When we go to our nice, local seafood restaurants in Miami (Milos, Sapore di Mare, Matsuri, etc...) we enjoy their FRESH seafood, many of it flown in from other parts of the world.  Not sure what there is to like about the frozen seafood at Hooked.  Do you really think it's fresh?  Do you think someone from the kitchen staff buys fresh local seafood at each port?  #redlobsteratsea

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andy C said:

When we go to our nice, local seafood restaurants in Miami (Milos, Sapore di Mare, Matsuri, etc...) we enjoy their FRESH seafood, many of it flown in from other parts of the world.  Not sure what there is to like about the frozen seafood at Hooked.  Do you really think it's fresh?  Do you think someone from the kitchen staff buys fresh local seafood at each port?  #redlobsteratsea

Having lived in Maine, California and Florida I love fresh seafood but I'm sure there are places that don't have access to fresh, never frozen seafood. A lot of people seem to really like Hooked and I'm willing to give it a try.  I buy frozen shrimp at Publix and it's pretty good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

Having lived in Maine, California and Florida I love fresh seafood but I'm sure there are places that don't have access to fresh, never frozen seafood. A lot of people seem to really like Hooked and I'm willing to give it a try.  I buy frozen shrimp at Publix and it's pretty good.

I've bought frozen shrimp too.  What I don't like is paying premium prices at a restaurant that serves frozen seafood and wasting a perfectly good evening with such fare.  

• Like 1

Following along. Enjoy.

It has been a while since I cruised RCI 2013. Back then there was a champagne reception on Captains nite, a welcome back party for repeat cruisers and an extra event for Platinum and above. Am I correct in assuming this is now all combined into this one event ? Sound like most of the cruise was invited to this event.

We used to get booklets in the cabin with offers depending on your level and I understand that they were to be move to your seapass card. Do they still exist or a thing of the past.

Happy sailings and tks

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Top Tier party

C&A 2502

Gold 1260

Platinum 419

Emerald 301

Diamond 334

D+ 201

Pinnacle 87

1 new Pinnacle couple

2137 3rd highest

2634 2nd highest

4733 Barb top cruiser

Next week’s numbers will be quite different

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Got up to early it seems. No lights in SL.

20191027_061727.thumb.jpg.efc19a9ef3669418115089fe040860db.jpg

But plenty of window seats😉

Let's see if we can finish yesterday now

Our friend does this all the time.  Gets up early, turns on the lights in the Lounge, reads his book and surprises the staff who come in for coffee.  

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

After a great lunch in Coadtal Kitchen, we headed to our cabin at 1:15. 

No luck, cabins ready at 1:30, so we sat down in Dazzles.  I guess I should have checked first. Now in my defense, Deck 17 sign said cabins ready at 1pm.

Our CP view is nice. The bench seat is very cool. The view is obstructed, but that's a good thing in CP. 😉

20191026_154433.thumb.jpg.514dee97a4c25df68e75ad983a8050de.jpg

20191026_133001.thumb.jpg.6376c3a03e89f2a905849438a261dbcd.jpg

20191026_133026.thumb.jpg.ba8ee906521febb29352bf343e8b4b87.jpg

DD looked at a room like this as you get the view but not balcony which can be worrying with 3 precious almost 8 year old boys (although the upper balcony lock might take care of the problem).  

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We've seen the key switch before, just never had a card in it. Heck, they even had them on Freedom for the cabins added up on 12 during her last drydock

They have had those key switches in European hotels for years.

Any credit card size key works the switch.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Top Tier party

C&A 2502

Gold 1260

Platinum 419

Emerald 301

Diamond 334

D+ 201

Pinnacle 87

1 new Pinnacle couple

2137 3rd highest

2634 2nd highest

4733 Barb top cruiser

Thanks for posting.

I thought there would have been more D and up on board.

Please post next week's numbers when you get them.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

Following

Enjoy your reports

I am not sure if you do this but could you report which side of the ship is docked against the pier when you are in port?

We like to booked cabins that will be pier side when in ports.

Planning a B2B in Sept,. 2020.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ALSEAU said:

Following

Enjoy your reports

I am not sure if you do this but could you report which side of the ship is docked against the pier when you are in port?

We like to booked cabins that will be pier side when in ports.

Planning a B2B in Sept,. 2020.

Oasis class ships 99.9% of the time dock on the starboard side. It’s because they have the escalators on that side of the ships to handle the capacity of guests either departing or returning on port days. The same is said for the security point.

Upon the rare occasion they will dock port side, mainly for the reason that they are inspecting the tenders/life rafts on that side of the ship or doing some external maintenance on that side.  The same is also said for embarkation day boarding and your final disembarkation, only on the Royal Promenade.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

John, great review so far, and as always...fabulous pictures!  

We just settled into the Keys in the Land Yacht on the waterfront.  Sorry we missed your sail away, though all we really see are the huge spot of bright lights on the water when you come back in on Friday night.  

Don't have to tell you to have a great time...I know you already are!  🙂 

• Thanks 1

Enjoying this report John, thanks for the great review. 

Tell Laura not only is there a Lilly store on Park Ave in Winter Park but a new Gatorlilly’s on the North end of Park Ave. (This is the second Orlando area store of this name, look them up on the web)It is a consignment store...DO NOT think goodwill but very high end. Many of the items I have bought from them are new and still have the tags on them but are 40-50% off retail. Well worth a day trip from CB.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, ExpressoMama said:

Enjoying this report John, thanks for the great review. 

Tell Laura not only is there a Lilly store on Park Ave in Winter Park but a new Gatorlilly’s on the North end of Park Ave. (This is the second Orlando area store of this name, look them up on the web)It is a consignment store...DO NOT think goodwill but very high end. Many of the items I have bought from them are new and still have the tags on them but are 40-50% off retail. Well worth a day trip from CB.

I will pass that on. 

I remember seeing a Lilly JEEP in WP years ago. Wasn't familiar with the brand back then