John&LaLa Live B2B from Symphony 10/26 and 11/2, Great Expectations 🎂

John&LaLa

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Ours is awful, and I rarely feel that way.

It feels fine going to bed, but it's a rough wake up

If you just happen to have a measuring tape, and have the time, would you measure the clearance under the bed? DD’s friend has a duffel with a hard frame that measures 14”. 

I asked on the RCI board, but you’re actually in the right place to check. 

If  you can’t measure it,  that’s fine. Don’t want to interfere with your lovely cruise. 

Mimi

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

If you just happen to have a measuring tape, and have the time, would you measure the clearance under the bed? DD’s friend has a duffel with a hard frame that measures 14”. 

If  you can’t measure it,  that’s fine. Don’t want to interfere with your lovely cruise. 

Mimi

Another trick when our cases don't fit under the bed.  Sometimes it's the railing along the bottom that restricts it.  We just lift the corner of the bed up a bit, then slip the case under it.  Works 99% of the time.  Otherwise...those cases get to spend the cruise in the corner...bad cases...bad girls!  

• Like 2

Mimi

I don’t think a 14 inch anything will fit under the bed.  When I take our regular suitcases, they fit if they are put under bed in open position and not closed (hard sided Briggs and Reilly my wife has).  My soft sided will fit closed.  Guessing no more than 7 or 8 inches. 

JC

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Were you still logged into VOOM?

Biker, are you saying WiFi on Coco Cay works without the VOOM package?  If so, I may change my VOOM plans for April. 

I didn't try that.  I'll look into it if I can on Friday 

1 hour ago, garnetpalmetto said:

John, is Ricky Matthews still onboard as CD or did he transition off on turnaround day this past Saturday?

He left. We have Mike somebody

20191106_113506.thumb.jpg.9e4f66a2aba6a1a7fad1559c6e1fcfe4.jpg

He must be Canadian,  he's wearing hockey skates here, eh.🇨🇦

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

Mimi

My big blue one slides under with very little clearance.  I can measure it when I get home. 

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

Another trick when our cases don't fit under the bed.  Sometimes it's the railing along the bottom that restricts it.  We just lift the corner of the bed up a bit, then slip the case under it.  Works 99% of the time.  Otherwise...those cases get to spend the cruise in the corner...bad cases...bad girls!  

Excellent tip and can vouch that it works. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I don’t think a 14 inch anything will fit under the bed.  When I take our regular suitcases, they fit if they are put under bed in open position and not closed (hard sided Briggs and Reilly my wife has).  My soft sided will fit closed.  Guessing no more than 7 or 8 inches. 

JC

Our  3 Travelpro maxlite 5, 26" soft sided are 11" and all fit under the bed, closed. Don't even have to do Pats (post# 836) trick when we were on the Freedom. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Excellent tip and can vouch that it works. 

+1.

I was just going to post this.

Sometimes when I have lifted the bed it looks like the hoover has not seen under the bed for sometime so I stopped putting ours there.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Absolutely true observation.

Up on the suite deck awaiting sail away.

Just saw a man from Nantucket.....

Maybe he can accurately measure the suitcase. 🤣🤣

Just continue with what you're doing as a few of us helped you out. 😏🍻

22 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Our  3 Travelpro maxlite 5, 26" soft sided are 11" and all fit under the bed, closed. Don't even have to do Pats (post# 836) trick when we were on the Freedom. 

I had a 28" and a 26" hardbody when we sailed, we left them open and both fit under the queen bed with no issues (open). We used them as under-bed drawers for our dirty laundry 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, island lady said:

Just be careful when you lift the frame of the bed that the beds do not come uncoupled.  We did this once on Grandeur and in the middle of the night I fell into a abyss created when the beds slid apart !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4