Diamond Member Drinks

Question ... as diamond members , I read that we'll receive 3 complimentary drink vouchers. We don't generally utilize these, as we get the drink package (I know that might sound foolish to some, but we find it's the best choice for us, for a number of reasons). So our drink vouchers always just go to waste. 

We were wondering if it is permeable to give away our drink vouchers since we have no need for them?

BY NO MEANS do we desire to "cheat the system" or break any rules, I just can't seem to find anywhere if it would be legal to do so.

Thanks!!!

39 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

You are allowed to use the vouchers to purchase a drink for someone else.  They aren't transferable for redemption by another person, but the drinks you obtain by using them are yours to do with as if you had purchased them at full price.

excellent!!! 

extremely helpful info!

thanks so much

7 minutes ago, Tatka said:

I did see this, but not sure if it is somehow verified or still in place. We never have any family or friends with whom we share, so no experience

image.thumb.png.e84ba52a3b7e4b373254890532ecb242.png

When the 3 drink "vouchers" first came out and for a while, there was no language like that pertaining to sharing.  Our first trip with friends after vouchers came out, we did order them a drink using our vouchers and the server knew it, but as I said, there was no rules that I had seen.  We haven't done it since and I've seen this rule posted a few times in the last year or so.  We also tend to go to the CL or DL so haven't used our vouchers in a couple of years especially since I can carry a glass of wine to dinner from the lounge now.

• Thanks 1

We were on Alure in May and three drinks for  happy hour were 

loaded on sea pass and could be used in any bar or restaurant. Just order drinks and slide to anyone in your table. Not like the unlimited drink pkg buying free drinks for all.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, little britain said:

That’s out of date as you now can redeem them in the MDR and the WJ, during the hours. 

I don’t believe the part about “not redeemable for family or friends” is out of date, though, which is the main question posted by the OP. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm fairly certain the 3 free drinks are/were intended for the member, not their friends and family as the letter above states.  It was crested to alleviate crowding. No more, no less. 

How it is enforced is another matter

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

You can also redeem your drinks in speciality restaurants.

I've tried to do this a few times and they told me I couldn't.  Now, I just stop at the DL before my reservation and walk in with 2 drinks in hand.

• Like 1

I agree that, whatever the statement says, if you have D perks, order a drink with a $1 tip, and want to hand off one of your three to a spouse that wanted 4 or a friend, there is limited harm. It's the lowest cost booze for RCCL and the limit is 3. Completely different than sharing a drinking package.

However, when have drink package, it's gonna seem weird to the bartender seeing UDP on seapass card, to order specifically a diamond drink and share that one. 

The only "perk" related to the 3 voucher drinks for cruisers that purchase the drink package online ahead of time, as far as I can see, is that you should be able to order two drinks at once where normally can't.  This could be handy as heading into dinner if didn't want to trouble the waiter too much and cut down on the time with an empty glass.  

It still might be awkward during ordering.  Anyway, for D+ that do by the drink package ahead of time and get something around $45 off for balcony discount over what a first time cruiser gets.................. it's a bit less exciting to get to that status IMHO.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm fairly certain the 3 free drinks are/were intended for the member, not their friends and family as the letter above states.  It was crested to alleviate crowding. No more, no less. 

How it is enforced is another matter

My understanding is the rule is enforced about as aggressively as the rule that drinks served in the DL must be consumed in the DL.  In other words, not very enforced. Just don't brag about it on the internet. 😉

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Virtopia said:

I've tried to do this a few times and they told me I couldn't.  Now, I just stop at the DL before my reservation and walk in with 2 drinks in hand.

We redeemed ours in Chops Grill and Giovanni's on our Explorer of the seas cruise 10-5-19

Graham

12 hours ago, HBE4 said:

My understanding is the rule is enforced about as aggressively as the rule that drinks served in the DL must be consumed in the DL.  In other words, not very enforced. Just don't brag about it on the internet. 😉

That basically changed when they added the vouchers.  I don't think I've seen that rule since then and haven't been told that while leaving the lounge in a few years.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

You are allowed to use the vouchers to purchase a drink for someone else.  They aren't transferable for redemption by another person, but the drinks you obtain by using them are yours to do with as if you had purchased them at full price.

Actually they are not allowed to be used for others.  They are for the recipient only.  Not transferable.  It is like the poster has a drink package, and they get a drink at the bar using their package, and give it to someone else.  That is not allowed.  If this practice openly continues, you might find that the "perk" will be taken away, just like now we have to have all people in a stateroom get a beverage package.  This is very bad advice.  Diamond drinks, or Drink packages are for the individual only. 

Think of this.  You go to the bar with a drink package and say to the bartender.  Yes I have a drink package but use my Diamond drink instead.  It should not make a difference so why are you asking that strange request?  All your drinks are paid for.

There are no loopholes in the program.  Just like a non-diamond (or above) can not join you in the lounge they can't take your drinks.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

There are no loopholes in the program.  Just like a non-diamond (or above) can not join you in the lounge they can't take your drinks.

I disagree completely, it’s not the same. My “diamond voucher” drink is a gift given to me by Royal Caribbean, just like the cookies in my room, the keychain or tote bag. 

By your logic, I can’t give my tote bag to my kids.  

Once the bartender gives me my “gift” drink, I can do with it whatever I want. 

• Like 4