Door Decorations prohibited?

trippintex

2 hours ago, Desert Cruizers said:

We had that happen on one of our cruises, although I didn't lose anything but gained a few things. Someone was going around and moving someones decorations and putting them on other doors. The lady from our Roll Call spent part of her morning collecting her items. 

Yeah, we have had that happen also.   It was a real joke for the pax across the hallway on one cruise to play with them, was pretty funny where they kept re-arranging them.  Fortunately they never put them too far away, so I got them to swim back to my door each day.   Then, they figured they liked the idea so much, they started buying them in the ports...they had some really neat ones they found and put on their door as well.  🙂 

On 11/22/2019 at 4:01 PM, orville99 said:

:classic_laugh:Took our grandson on Freedom for his 12th birthday, and had the RCL happy birthday decorations on the cabin door when we boarded. On the last night of the cruise we took everything down and packed it in our luggage. Our grandson couldn't find the cabin when he came back from the kids club:classic_ohmy: We found him wandering the hallway looking for it.

12  years old and can't read/memorize a cabin number??

4 hours ago, crazyank said:

12  years old and can't read/memorize a cabin number??

Lots of adults go by things like third driveway from the fire hydrant. 

It has nothing to do with memorizing numbers and everything to do with remembering landmarks. 

On Allure for Halloween.  Many doors were decorated.  My wife was using a pumpkin 2 doors down from our room to find our room (no. she does not drink alcohol).  My son and I joked about moving the pumpkin to a door on one side or the other to see if she tried the wrong room, but we were discouraged by the racket/yelling  from the room next door to us.  We did not want her to meet that "family".😬

6 hours ago, kathy884 said:

What about a small white board?  We found those nice for letting others know where we were (multiple cabins in our party).   Guessing this would fall into the same category.

We see those on staterooms doors quite frequently.

On 11/22/2019 at 3:25 PM, CruisingAlong4Now said:

The only other place I see door decorations are assisted living retirement homes.

And the difference between them and a cruise ship is??????

😄😄

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, SRF said:

And the difference between them and a cruise ship is??????

😄😄

I get your joke especially on HAL ,but an assisted living facility is actually someone's home. A door decoration isn't out of place or uncommon when decorating a permanent residence. On a cruise ship for me it's just another thing to pack, unpack and pack again. 

• Like 1