Door Decorations prohibited?

trippintex

10 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

😀

Be thankful that someone else didn't have identical door decorations. Last thing you'd want is your grandson banging on someone else's door looking for you!

If he did, I doubt he would have told us - 12 YO boys tend not to use a lot of words:classic_huh:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I hope so. Often times, late at night, I need other peoples door decorations to guide me to my own cabin.

Let's see, I'm 3 doors down from the people celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary but if I walk past the Krazy Kruisers Klub Kabin then I've gone to far.  And if I don't recognize any of the decorations, then I'm on the wrong deck 😲

That exact thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago :classic_biggrin:

Just returned from Serenade, followed by Allure and both had lots of door decorations

• Like 1

Each his own , I suppose- I don´t like those tacky door decorations. Perfectly nice in ones own home, but not on baord a ship- hotel etc. I have never seen decorations  at hotel room doors.

For me it is a case of " feel like home- but don´t behave like home"! LOL!

If one does not find ones own room - even though they have the numbers there-  stop drinking before it comes  to a total lack of brain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Germancruiser said:

Each his own , I suppose- I don´t like those tacky door decorations. Perfectly nice in ones own home, but not on baord a ship- hotel etc. I have never seen decorations  at hotel room doors.

For me it is a case of " feel like home- but don´t behave like home"! LOL!

If one does not find ones own room - even though they have the numbers there-  stop drinking before it comes  to a total lack of brain.

I did it for the first time this year.   
to be honest. I didn’t go crazy.  Just a few door magnets with car designs.    
but it helped to target my door as I’m walking down the long hallway with all doors the same 

• Like 1

One problem is when people use those Finger Jello ones, there is almost 50 doors on Brilliance and Serenade that are Permanently stained with Orange Pumpkins, Green Xmas Trees and even saw 2 Turkeys. Dont use those kind. Some stains have been on these ships for 5 and 6 yrs...

Just off the Allure. Saw several door decorations (including ours 😇) and stewards helped us when we decorated my sister and husband’s stateroom door for their anniversary. 

I have read some of the celebrity thread as well. Personally not much anyone else does bothers me much on a cruise outside of the elevator crush. And now that I have my new total knee I can take stairs most of the time.

Edited by cindivan

23 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I hope so. Often times, late at night, I need other peoples door decorations to guide me to my own cabin.

Let's see, I'm 3 doors down from the people celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary but if I walk past the Krazy Kruisers Klub Kabin then I've gone to far.  And if I don't recognize any of the decorations, then I'm on the wrong deck 😲

THIS is soooo TRUE !!!

• Like 2

I did a quick google search and found an article about NCL banning door decorations and citing them as a fire hazard.  I work in a hospital setting and know that we have been cited for a fire hazard by the Fire Marshall by having combustible materials (paper) in hallways and doors that are deems a hazard. (they were simply temporary signs/flyers for temporary way finding etc. )  Always seemed strange to me because there are many magazines etc around that are also combustible too.  Maybe they were cited in some sort of safety inspection too.

I put out fish magnets on the door...one for each day.  On a seven night cruise...fish number seven seems very sad. 😉 Agree on the last morning, when the fish have swam away back to their travel bag...I have walked right past my cabin.  😄 

On our last Oasis cruise, someone decided they liked the fish magnets also.  But they only took the really pretty ones.  Shame on that thief...and I place the fish way up high...that was no child.  😠 Though unfortunately it seems to happen a lot with others we have talked to also....just don't put out anything you can't afford to lose.  😞

Edited by island lady

43 minutes ago, island lady said:

I put out fish magnets on the door...one for each day.  On a seven night cruise...fish number seven seems very sad. 😉 Agree on the last morning, when the fish have swam away back to their travel bag...I have walked right past my cabin.  😄 

On our last Oasis cruise, someone decided they liked the fish magnets also.  But they only took the really pretty ones.  Shame on that thief...and I place the fish way up high...that was no child.  😠 Though unfortunately it seems to happen a lot with others we have talked to also....just don't put out anything you can't afford to lose.  😞

We had that happen on one of our cruises, although I didn't lose anything but gained a few things. Someone was going around and moving someones decorations and putting them on other doors. The lady from our Roll Call spent part of her morning collecting her items. 

15 hours ago, truffles2 said:

Just got off Brilliance last Monday and there were lots of door decorations!

We, too,  were on this cruise and we had magnetic photos on our door.  We saw lots of paper decorations on doors.  

When in doubt always fall back on "The only consistent thing about RCI is their inconsistency".

On 11/22/2019 at 9:12 AM, Iamcruzin said:

They couldn't come up with a valid reason so they defaulted to safety.  Nobody can argue with that.

I can.

Door decorations do little to add the the fuel load in the corridor, especially when the occupancy, in this forum the ship, is fully sprinklered and equipped with automatic fire doors.

A bigger hazard is mobility devices parked in the corridor, thereby blocking free and open access to the path of exit travel.  If only the cruise line would put a notice about that in their daily papers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruisekap said:

I did a quick google search and found an article about NCL banning door decorations and citing them as a fire hazard.  I work in a hospital setting and know that we have been cited for a fire hazard by the Fire Marshall by having combustible materials (paper) in hallways and doors that are deems a hazard. (they were simply temporary signs/flyers for temporary way finding etc. )  Always seemed strange to me because there are many magazines etc around that are also combustible too.  Maybe they were cited in some sort of safety inspection too.

Probably some over zealous fire inspector.  If your building is fully sprinklered and equipped with sufficient exits, I would ask to see what section of the NFPA or local fire code they are citing. 

My only copy around here is over 20 years old, so I wouldn't trust it in a code argument.