Favorite thing about Princess versus other Cruise Lines

tourismtessy

As a seasoned cruiser who has been on Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian and Princess, I have to say my favorite thing about Princess is the Self Serve Laundry on board (complete with irons).  Being able to pack less and do laundry mid way through the cruise just makes me happy!  I hate doing laundry at home but actually don't mind it at all onboard Princess.  I always bring my own detergent pods and dryer sheets.  My second favorite thing is MUTS (Movies Under The Stars) and third is the International Cafe.  Oh, and my fourth would be the military onboard credit!

Time to share!  Whats your favorite thing that sets Princess apart from other Cruise Lines?

• Like 5

We just like the general ambiance and service on Princess ships.  It just feels comfortable to me to be on one of their ships.  We have not sailed the ones you have mentioned, but I can tell from reading about experiences on other cruise lines which ones just won't suit us and which ones might be worth a look.  We have been on Celebrity in the past and I would go again for an appealing itinerary, but also not expecting it to be what it was.  I think HAL would be good, but hesitate at our age, thinking of the old rep that HAL has a much more elderly mix.  Not interested in Carnival (not even if it was free), RCCL, NCL.  Princess offers great value as a mass-market line.

Edited by steelers36
  • Like 2

Yes, the laundry, the food, the quiet relaxing atmosphere, service, medallion.net, ocean medallion  (yes, I carry my iphone), the International cafe, High tea on the  Royal and Regal, 

And I do like the lack of surf pools, climbing rocks, ice skating rinks, risque pool games, children running in packs throughout the ship, and pressing all the elevator buttons. 

The only other line I like as much in this price range is Celebrity.  In many ways, Celebrity is similar to Princess. And I would travel HAL again but the smaller ships.

Edited by lolane1
  • Like 1

NCL is my favorite cruise line, but my favorite things about Princess are the perks- Elite benefits, military and shareholder credit, future cruise credit, Sales, OBC, EZair, itineraries. Unfortunately, NCL doesn’t quite match those things, so I tend to cruise more on Princess. I prefer Celebrity experience also to Princess, but again I feel I get more bang for my buck on Princess.

• Like 2

Princess offers the most cruises from the West Coast.

Its nice to see newly introduced 16-day (RT) Seattle to Hawaii and 19-day (RT) LA to Panama Canal itineraries being offered. 

It would also be nice to see some shorter 12-14 day (RT) itineraries from L.A. to Mexico/Central America -- w/ a few different ports than the standard Mexican Riviera/Sea of Cortez offerings. 

It is easy to deal with Princess and to make changes to the booking as sales come out.  The overall service they provide before, during and after the cruise is outstanding.  The ships themselves are well thought out.  Since the cruiseline caters to an older client above say 40 it makes for a calmer more adult cruise.  The lack of water slides, climbing walls, ice skating rinks etc are much appreciated.  The ships have a certain elegance to them for a very calming and upscale look and feel.  I would be remiss if I did not mention the military veteran OBC.  I like to say you cannot miss with a cruise on the love boat.   

• Like 2

Love affordable balcony, International Cafe, room service for breakfast, and just being familiar with procedures. Also, sitting in lounge without life jacket for drill. And recently getting price drops even after final payment. Fair. But I wish the reasonable fare was offered when I book. 

I have been on the Golden once, Regal twice and will be on the new Sky Princess next month.  I love the overall ambiance.  Just so nice.  The Piazza is lovely.  Mini-suites are spacious and comfortable.  I also love the Buffet due to the ease of finding a seat.  I was on the Carnival Sunrise in September (my first Carnival Cruise in 20 years) and the buffet area was a disaster.  Avoided it all week.  

I have cruised on Carnival, NCL, HAL, Disney and Princess.  I am not brand loyal, but my favorite so far, is Princess.  

5 hours ago, casofilia said:

Afternoon Tea

Itineraries

BUT I HATE the way they refuse to proof read almost any document they provide when on board.

I ordered a magartia in the bar one evening and the bartender gave me a funny look. I showed him that day's Patter and it said the drink of the day was a special magartia.  

12 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The Sanctuary.

Plus the overall ambience, especially on the older smaller ships. 

Same here.  We like the quiet relaxed feel.  Not the crowded loud and shouty vibe.  We are doing our second Island Princess cruise this year.

We have sailed RCL and NCL.  Not again.  We would not do Carnival.

We have sailed HAL and we continue to as the itinerary presents itself.  

We sailed the Edge and the ship was not our style.  It was missing what we liked most about the S class ships.

Princess has the most bookings for us this year.

The champagne tower was kind of fun.

Also the wine selections seem to be much better.  We have actually found wines that we prefer on the cruise and purchased them at home.

For our Island Princess cruise the photographers took the best pictures that we have seen on our 10 cruises.  They took the time to take the best shot.

While booking cruises this year Princess has some of the longer and more impressive itineraries.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

My parents decided to stick with Princess mostly because their ships had freshwater pools when most cruise ships had salt water in theirs (not sure if that's still the case though.)  The self service laundry is also nice, and probably the biggest thing we missed the one time we cruised on RCCL (that's not a deal breaker though, and I'd also like to try an Oasis or Quantum class ship some day.) 

13 hours ago, lolane1 said:

. . .

The only other line I like as much in this price range is Celebrity.  In many ways, Celebrity is similar to Princess. And I would travel HAL again but the smaller ships.

We've cruised on all 3 of those lines, but prefer Princess for its onboard offerings and better pricing.  Our last cruise was on HAL because I realized we were 3* (we're Elite on Princess).  It was a TA with some ports we hadn't been to like Cherbourg, France plus it ended in Copenhagen, one my very favorite ports (been there 5 times).  We started out on Celebrity in 1994 and have now done 10 cruises on it and are Elite on there as well.  Last two cruises on X were in 2014 (western Med on Eclipse) and in 2015 (Can/NE on Summit).

Edited by BarbinMich