Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
unrealHeather

Guest Damage to Cabin on RC

Recommended Posts

I've seen adults throw things in anger, so lay off the poor original poster who did everything right in this circumstance. SMDH

 

Take the advice above that indicates you reported it, it's now in their hands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, deepcman said:

 

Why do I get the feeling that he parents think this is normal. It's all well and good until someone loses an eye.

 

Because you like jumping to conclusions on the internet? It's relatively a safe thing to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

Ok, here's my thoughts.  You did the right thing;  You reported it immediately and took responsibility.  They know what happened and they know you're willing to make it right. My guess, they'll just replace the mirror no problem and you won't hear another word about it.  So I congratulate you on your honesty and forthrightness.  These days that tends to be somewhat rare.  I wouldn't worry about it.  If they send you a bill, so be it.  But I think it's over and done.  

That was a calm rational post. Are you new here?  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 10 year old suffered from PCS( Post Cruise Syndrome) and it is more common than you think. I actually feel like doing the same thing when debarking and have to go back to reality.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, deepcman said:

The 10 year old should be banned from Royal and forced to take anger management courses. 

Why do I get the feeling that he parents think this is normal. It's all well and good until someone loses an eye.

Sadly IME this kind of idiotic & unhelpful reply is typical on these forums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ATC cruiser said:

The bigger question is, will the mirror be replaced by the time the ship sails again🧐

Not if I was scheduled for that stateroom 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fdthird said:

Duck?

 

Nah, it was a mirror, so probably just a gander.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt". Sarcasm may employ ambivalence, although sarcasm is not necessarily ironic.

 

For those that don't recognize the use see example below.

 

7 hours ago, deepcman said:

The 10 year old should be banned from Royal and forced to take anger management courses. 

Why do I get the feeling that he parents think this is normal. It's all well and good until someone loses an eye.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PCWalton1 said:

Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt". Sarcasm may employ ambivalence, although sarcasm is not necessarily ironic.

 

For those that don't recognize the use see example below.

 


 

Sarcasm should be obvious. In this day and age, it’s entirely possible that someone is being a jerk by saying what they said. 

 

I had neighbors move in across across from me - renters, no less. They told my son and his friend to not play so loudly (in their own backyard). They told another neighbor they hate children and thought they were moving into a 55+ community. I’m very protective of children from grumpy adults. Mama bear bites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, deepcman said:

The 10 year old should be banned from Royal and forced to take anger management courses. 

Why do I get the feeling that he parents think this is normal. It's all well and good until someone loses an eye.

 

Wow!! I'm guessing you never had a child who had a temper tantrum. This parent has taken responsibility and plans to do the right thing by paying for the damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read sometime ago that damages are applied to your account.  I know it was a fairly recent post because it was about the virtual interior rooms.  Someone damaged the screen, which is in essence a large TV hung on its side to simulate a window.  They got nailed for like 5K on their onboard account or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love it.... Most of you have ignored the OP and instead focused on my irrelevant comments. My mission is complete and I won the money I bet on the number of quotes I would receive. Big thank you and Happy sailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Congratulations.   This is what makes you happy?    BTW  PC Walton called it like it is.

Edited by BonTexasNY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BND said:

I remember either a post or a YT video by a couple that had a mirror fall on their bed from the wall above it and apparently it was replaced/repaired quickly.  Personally, if that was my child, I would have made her go report it and take full responsibility.   She caused the property damage, not her parents.   10 is more than old enough to know better.  There is no reason to throw anything in anger.

 

6 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

 

Pretty sure that was Andrew (A&L_Ont) that had the mirror incident and is documented in one of his live reviews.


Yes, that was us. It was replaced about 16 hours after it fell on us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

I read sometime ago that damages are applied to your account.  I know it was a fairly recent post because it was about the virtual interior rooms.  Someone damaged the screen, which is in essence a large TV hung on its side to simulate a window.  They got nailed for like 5K on their onboard account or something like that.

 

:classic_blink: Expensive window. Probably makes them wish they just forked out the money for a balcony to begin with - probably cheaper!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, deepcman said:

I love it.... Most of you have ignored the OP and instead focused on my irrelevant comments. My mission is complete and I won the money I bet on the number of quotes I would receive. Big thank you and Happy sailing.

Don’t relieve your bowels in the middle of the room and expect no one to mention it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see you reported the damage.  I do agree with the other poster who said the child should have gone to the room steward and reported it instead.  I also am of the mind set that it would have been the last time the child would have thrown something, they should have know better.  You can have a bad day, or morning, or night, or whatever but there is no excuse for throwing anything in anger.  Hopefully it will not happen again.  And hopefully they got the mirror replaced before the next occupant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Was in an inside before on Rhapsody. Mirror was missing on wall behind the beds. All this depends if Royal will just remove the damaged mirror and just ignore replacing it.

Edited by coaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just gained 3 pounds eating my buttered pop corn! 

Wow it always amuses me at how many people on here are perfect. I have 2 grown kids, 1 grown niece , 1 grown nephew, an 11 yr old niece and I've worked with kids for 20 yrs (over  40 if you include all my baby sitting too). 

Just an FYI for the perfect people with perfect kids living in a perfect world....kids do things. They get angry, throw tantrums , throw objects, scream , stomp and slam. They don't need anger management. They are learning and they haven't gotten to the control part. I remember my son jumping on his bed ( at home) in anger and put his hand threw a window ( by the grace of God he didn't get hurt) he was so afraid of us being angry at him. Things happen when you have kids. It's part of life!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

Glad to see you reported the damage.  I do agree with the other poster who said the child should have gone to the room steward and reported it instead.  I also am of the mind set that it would have been the last time the child would have thrown something, they should have know better.  You can have a bad day, or morning, or night, or whatever but there is no excuse for throwing anything in anger.  Hopefully it will not happen again.  And hopefully they got the mirror replaced before the next occupant.

Really should get out more!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BillOh said:

That was a calm rational post. Are you new here?  😉

Not new, just still hungover from New Year's Eve.  I'll be back to my old obnoxious self soon enough.  😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, coaster said:

Was in an inside before on Rhapsody. Mirror was missing on wall behind the beds. All this depends if Royal will just remove the damaged mirror and just ignore replacing it.

Which may depend on having a replacement onboard to begin with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> The bigger question is, ....

 

Will the child have 7 yrs bad luck?

 

Ira

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...