Celebrity Bottled Water - Question

MarkWiltonM

I have a Classic beverage package on my next three Celebrity cruises.  I am wondering about the non-premium bottled water.  First question: Have they eliminated plastic bottles?  Second question: Do I have to order non-premium bottled water at a bar or in the Oceanview Cafe and then bring the water to my stateroom, or can I use non-premium bottled water that may be in the room (if they even stock that in the room/mini-bar)? 

Your beverage card doesn't cover anything in your stateroom. Pick it up at a bar or restaurant and bring it back to your cabin.

As for plastic bottles, they are changing over, but I don't know if this is fleet-wide or how far the change has progressed to date.

2 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Your beverage card doesn't cover anything in your stateroom. Pick it up at a bar or restaurant and bring it back to your cabin.

As for plastic bottles, they are changing over, but I don't know if this is fleet-wide or how far the change has progressed to date.

Changing over from plastic to what?  Metal or glass?

I have yet to be on a Celebrity cruise which has not had the plastic water bottles.  While I have seen photos of the non-plastic containers (if my memory is correct, and it may be not, the photo was taken on the Edge), I have yet to see one in person.

In addition to any bar or the OVC, you can also use your Classic beverage package to pick up a bottle of water from the water station which is generally set up in the gangway area as you leave the ship.

2 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Both. Here's a related thread, one of several on this board:

Thanks.  I think the evian (specialty water) has always been in a glass bottle.  The aluminum is lightweight enough that the ship’s draft ought not increase by a meter or so due to increased weight of cargo!  I’m on SUMMIT next week and will see what is on offer... typically I don’t care to drink out of aluminum cans as I often get a bad taste from them.  Maybe water won’t do this.

19 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

I think the evian (specialty water) has always been in a glass bottle.

There have been plastic bottles of Evian on all of our Celebrity cruise, and according to this post, were still plastic on the Summit in November:

Recently on Summit and Edge.   Both had the Aluminum Cans of Filtered Water.   You might as well just drink the tap water.     Even though I always have a premium package I drink the tap water and find it as good as the stuff in the can.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I have a Classic beverage package on my next three Celebrity cruises.  I am wondering about the non-premium bottled water.  First question: Have they eliminated plastic bottles?  Second question: Do I have to order non-premium bottled water at a bar or in the Oceanview Cafe and then bring the water to my stateroom, or can I use non-premium bottled water that may be in the room (if they even stock that in the room/mini-bar)? 

On the Classic Package, the containers have been plastic with the exception of cartons in Alaska.  Your package does not cover the items in your room.  Stop by a bar and order a bottle or 2 to bring back to your room.

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

The metal water bottles were on the Edge when we sailed.  IMHO they gave the water a metallic taste.

Agree...luckily we were prepared with a Brita mini water filter pitcher that we brought with us.   After running the  awful X water through, it was much better but still needed ice.  It is not Spring water but processed..lots of salt.

OP....You can get it at bars &  restaurants..just show the card

3 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

We were on the Summit September 2019 and had the CBP. The bottles of water were plastic. 

I believe the type of water you receive depends on which ship you are sailing.

On Edge, the classic package had filtered water in cans and the premium package had Evian in bottles.  I did not like the taste of the water in the cans on Edge.

On Summit (October 2019) classic package had True Spring water (plastic bottles) and premium package had Evian (plastic bottles).  The True water was great as was the Evian.  I did find that in most bars it was extremely difficult to get a cold bottle of water, though!

Edited by jcpc