Suite guests in Blu - enough!

phoenix_dream

50 minutes ago, jjsnonna said:

Yet some claim the service is stellar.  Apparently you are not the only one to see this.

It may depend on the ship.  On the Edge, there are 176 suites, which are 12.0% of the total rooms on the ship.  By comparison, on an M-Class ship, there are 50 suites, which are 4.6% of the rooms on the ship.  Maybe, Celebrity is just not able to provide the same quality of service in Luminae to the 176 Edge suites as it is able to provide to the 50 suites on the Infinity.  4.6% is a much more select group than 12.0%. 

I am not sure that any other mainstream cruise ship has 12% of its rooms in the exclusive class and, perhaps, it is just too many.  Certainly the percentages of rooms in The Haven on Norwegian or in the Yacht Club on MSC are both much less than 12%.  They both are between 4% and 5% (like the suite percentage on the M-Class Celebrity ships).  Of course, luxury cruise lines like Seaborne or Silversea can provide exclusive service to everyone.  However, Celebrity does not have either the food budget or the Crew to Passenger ratio that those luxury lines have.    My wife and I mostly cruise on M-class ships and we have never seen any overcrowding in Blu on those ships.  On those occasions when we have cruised in suites, the service in Luminae has been excellent.  We have never been on the Edge.

On 2/17/2020 at 2:00 PM, TeaBag said:

Hear, hear!  Well said.  Celebrity are you listening?

Hope someone sees the response to this. About to have 2 cruises in Aqua. The entire reason for us to pay the extra is Blu. Will ask about suite passengers booking. If not an issue fine. If it disrupts my experience than I will make sure Celebrity understands the situation.

We were just on the summit in a suite. When dining in luminae, we were also able to choose from the mdr or the blu menu. I had the app on my phone and I would be looking at all the menus when ordering dinner. We have sailed in suites many times, and this was the first time I remember being able to order from blu

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't understand the blu attraction?  Have sailed multiple times in all classes on Celebrity.  Save your money- book a balcony cabin , which is identical to an AQ cabin without some useless perks, and with the money saved, purchase an unlimited, or 7 day speciality dining package.  The AQ spa is really a gimmick also and after one time, many people don't use it.  

So much better then crowded mediocre blu.  IMO

• Like 3

17 hours ago, JFontaine said:

I said above, a week, a month? ago, that there must be something wrong with Luminae if suite people in Blu are the source of overcrowding.  I'm on Edge now and there are problems with Luminae, from waits to be seated as the hostess repeatedly leaves her station to seat guests and chat with them, to hour long waits for food, to improperly cooked meals. I'm a Luminae and Edge veteran (ok to use that word?) and the problems are clear. I've raised the issue to the Food and Beverage manager. We wont eat in Blu, but last night the dining room was half empty at peak time on 'chic' night - and the problems persisted.   We are ordering off the menu, nothing very special (hold the sauce type of requests).

This is interesting/very disappointing to hear. We were on Edge last year in a suite and had a wonderful experience. Probably our best suite experience to date. We are on Edge again next month so I'm hoping these issues are worked out by then. We heard the staff on Edge was starting to change out and some were leaving for Apex. I wonder if that could be having an impact? 

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

I don't understand the blu attraction?  Have sailed multiple times in all classes on Celebrity.  Save your money- book a balcony cabin , which is identical to an AQ cabin without some useless perks, and with the money saved, purchase an unlimited, or 7 day speciality dining package.  The AQ spa is really a gimmick also and after one time, many people don't use it.  

I only will book Aqua if it comes out to the same as Concierge. Which I can get almost every time.  I use the Persians every day and really enjoy them, especially after a long sun day, melts the lotion right off your body going thru the different rooms.   I do find blu better service overall then main dining room but food is equal in quality to me.  Prefer blu breakfast to the OVC by a mile since I prefer to sit down order and figure out my day instead of searching for whats in the buffet.  The perks might be useless to you but to others I find them very useful and help the overall experience/relaxation of the vacation.  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, prim8keeper said:

This is interesting/very disappointing to hear. We were on Edge last year in a suite and had a wonderful experience. Probably our best suite experience to date. We are on Edge again next month so I'm hoping these issues are worked out by then. We heard the staff on Edge was starting to change out and some were leaving for Apex. I wonder if that could be having an impact? 

This was one review by one member.  I'm not disputing at all the poster's opinion and Luminae experience on their cruise. I always check out multiple reviews and look for similar comments and trends before getting too worried about it.  And your own experience was wonderful last year.  We were on Edge and Luminae was very good.  The only issue we has was it was a bit noisy due to its open design.  There are many more positive reviews here on the Edge Luminae versus negative ones. Perhaps a bad night or two?  Staff come in and out from the Luminae's from other ships all the time.  On Edge we recognized quite a few from our previous sailings. 

• Like 1

I was in Luminae on Edge  last April, and that experience was great, no complaints at all. I'm sure some in Luminae on Edge this week are very happy too. It is luck, expectations, and admittedly my personality. A long wait for me is someone else's opportunity to drink more wine, converse and relax.  I've now gotten the attention of 2 fine, fine waiters, one outstanding waiter I've previously had the pleasure of meeting before, and they are doing everything possible to make this a good experience  

• Like 1

We are just off the Solstice on our first Celebrity cruise (outside galapagos) and have to say that Celebrity can easily eliminate overcrowding in Blu by offering a menu with more and better offerings in Luminae. The food was well prepared there but lacked inspiration and anything with decent sauces or spice. We ran into other suite guests that said they had given up on luminae and were enjoying Blu. We did Blu once and it was better but ended up eating specialty the rest of the time. Also, on Solstice the window views are much better than Luminae.

I do agree that suite guests otherwise are not said no to very often thus the rules bending for blu dining. However, the pricing of suite dining doesn't appear to reflect the difference in Aqua class dining so this is the real problem Celebrity needs to address.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bikerunner said:

I only will book Aqua if it comes out to the same as Concierge. Which I can get almost every time.  I use the Persians every day and really enjoy them, especially after a long sun day, melts the lotion right off your body going thru the different rooms.   I do find blu better service overall then main dining room but food is equal in quality to me.  Prefer blu breakfast to the OVC by a mile since I prefer to sit down order and figure out my day instead of searching for whats in the buffet.  The perks might be useless to you but to others I find them very useful and help the overall experience/relaxation of the vacation.  

Clearly there are those who like AQ and blu.  Just not for me.  

On 2/19/2020 at 2:27 PM, aml3679 said:

We are in Blu and do not notice lines or crowds

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it depends when you go.

We are Elite+ and on S class ships we usually enjoy a few Cocktail Hour drinks at the Ensemble Lounge from 5 to 545. We take our last drink, a glass of wine, with us around the corner to BLU. Around 6p it's never a wait. You may not get one of those coveted window tables but the couch seats that are along the wall are always available. The wife likes those seats 😊

11 hours ago, texmanufan said:

We are just off the Solstice on our first Celebrity cruise (outside galapagos) and have to say that Celebrity can easily eliminate overcrowding in Blu by offering a menu with more and better offerings in Luminae. The food was well prepared there but lacked inspiration and anything with decent sauces or spice. We ran into other suite guests that said they had given up on luminae and were enjoying Blu. We did Blu once and it was better but ended up eating specialty the rest of the time. Also, on Solstice the window views are much better than Luminae.

I do agree that suite guests otherwise are not said no to very often thus the rules bending for blu dining. However, the pricing of suite dining doesn't appear to reflect the difference in Aqua class dining so this is the real problem Celebrity needs to address.

But when you can dine off the Blu or MDR menu while in Luminae on S & M class why go anywhere else?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Sorry but I disagree, we are not big fans of specialty dining....no consistency of service, no wait staff that knows you and food is hit or miss in Tuscan, the Lawn Club lost it's novelty for us after 2 visits and Murano just not our cup of tea!

We look forward to our 1st Aqua room in several years and the attraction is definitely Blu for us.  

5 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Sorry but I disagree, we are not big fans of specialty dining....no consistency of service, no wait staff that knows you and food is hit or miss in Tuscan, the Lawn Club lost it's novelty for us after 2 visits and Murano just not our cup of tea!

We look forward to our 1st Aqua room in several years and the attraction is definitely Blu for us.  

Since we have had wonderful service, especially in the lawn club grill, we feel the opposite.  We also get the same wait staff and they begin to know us-  But of course to each his/her own.  As long as we enjoy our cruise!!

Have fun.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Carole2313 said:

Really happy to hear we can order off Blu’s menu in Luminae!  Hope the Solstice does that.

Probably not.  The M ships can do it because Blu's location is similar to Luminae, ie off the main dining room.  On S class ships, it's got it own kitchen, not near Luminae.

I'm a frequent cruiser in suites on Summit.  I have never once eaten dinner in Blu.  The folks in Luminae are very accommodating and we can order off the Luminae, Blu and MDR menus.  Also the Luminae Chef will prepare whatever dish you want (even if not on any menu) if you ask 24 hours in advance.  One time my travel companion asked the Maitre'd if the chef could prepare baked stuffed shrimp for her.  He googled it - and she had it the next night!  So I personally see no need to sit in Blu for my evening meal.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

But when you can dine off the Blu or MDR menu while in Luminae on S & M class why go anywhere else?

On Millennium earlier this month in Luminae and told could not order off the Blu menu.

Maybe a recent change, used to be able to on Infinity in Luminae.

Also not on S class ships since the kitchens are on different decks.

Onboard Eclipse for 3 weeks last year in Luminae was told no off menu items allowed.

Not even filet mignon - except for the MDR children's menu filet !!!

Prefer Blu to Luminae !!!

18 minutes ago, jcpc said:

I'm a frequent cruiser in suites on Summit.  I have never once eaten dinner in Blu.  The folks in Luminae are very accommodating and we can order off the Luminae, Blu and MDR menus.  Also the Luminae Chef will prepare whatever dish you want (even if not on any menu) if you ask 24 hours in advance.  One time my travel companion asked the Maitre'd if the chef could prepare baked stuffed shrimp for her.  He googled it - and she had it the next night!  So I personally see no need to sit in Blu for my evening meal.  

Yes, that works on some class ships but not all - eg Edge. Then Apex. 

16 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Yes, that works on some class ships but not all - eg Edge. Then Apex. 

Totally agree,  I ate in Luminae on Edge before they even allowed the "every day items".  It was a struggle as the Luminae menu is, in my opinion, very limited.  I believe it is very "seafood heavy" and if you can't eat seafood you're out of luck some nights.  I remember one night all 4 appetizers were some sort of seafood dish. 

And now I'm reading above the Luminae guests on Millennium earlier this month were not allowed to order from Blu menu.  As I said, my experience has been on SM only and I sure hope that doesn't change.  I wonder if it's up to the individual Matire'd as to what is allowed and what isn't allowed on M class ships?

18 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Since we have had wonderful service, especially in the lawn club grill, we feel the opposite.  We also get the same wait staff and they begin to know us-  But of course to each his/her own.  As long as we enjoy our cruise!!

Have fun.

We are also frequent speciality dining guests. We also get to know the staff and they get to know us and our dining preferences. The food experience is added to by the sommelier service...staff do have time to talk to you and will happily pair your wine to each course. They usually have access to a good supply on wines within the premium package too. Frequently in Murano’s by our third visit they will offer to prepare off menu items...we have enjoyed a few fantastic Steak Diane’s...

Totally agree with what you say each to his/her own...