Suite guests in Blu - enough!

phoenix_dream

7 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Maybe he could tell by the sense of entitlement?  🍷

I can sometimes guess where someone comes from.  I'm not good at guessing a sense of entitlement.  So I'm curious how these people are figuring it out.

6 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I can sometimes guess where someone comes from.  I'm not good at guessing a sense of entitlement.  So I'm curious how these people are figuring it out.

Oh, you can tell when they bellow out "Did you not know I am in a Royal Suite."  🍷

3 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Now you're talking! Add a bit of Branston Pickle, even better. I'd be there every lunchtime ❤️

Phil 

We haven’t asked for that yet but, depending on which waiters are about, she also manages to get Marmite every morning. We met a couple a few years ago that swore that a teaspoonful of it can sort some of the stomach issues she experiences. So if Diny is about, he troops out with the jar and a teaspoon every morning.

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

Folks hand over their card at the desk...and room pops up on the screen!

I do not think they walk them in anymore!

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Folks hand over their card at the desk...and room pops up on the screen!

I do not think they walk them in anymore!

So you/they are looking over/around the desk at someone's personal information?  The screen is not facing you.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I think they were saying that the hostess (or whoever is checking you in to Blu) knows what stateroom you are in.  Or they saw the grey (ok maybe platinum 🙂 ) suite card.

Sure.  The hostess does.  Not anyone else.

9 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

We haven’t asked for that yet but, depending on which waiters are about, she also manages to get Marmite every morning. We met a couple a few years ago that swore that a teaspoonful of it can sort some of the stomach issues she experiences. So if Diny is about, he troops out with the jar and a teaspoon every morning.

It’s also thought to help if you eat it and are susceptible to insect bites. The vitamin B1 in it makes the blood taste nasty to insects.  

Phil

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

It’s also thought to help if you eat it and are susceptible to insect bites. The vitamin B1 in it makes the blood taste nasty to insects.  

Phil

That sounds great because mosquitoes love me, but don't they find out the blood tastes nasty AFTER they have already bitten you?

6 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil

Phil

I’ll make sure my wife takes it as insects love her skin, although she has not had any issues recently so it must work. Currently watching white stuff falling from the sky in Edinburgh Airport hoping we make it to Heathrow today!!

On 2/7/2020 at 11:14 AM, K12Guy said:

I always laugh when I see folks refer to food products as amazing. But, I'm not a foodie and truly eat to live and most times having to eat is a burden. I've never been amazed by the quality of any meal. I feel like I'm missing out on something!

Too funny! I agree somewhat. I have only been truly amazed by a meal at Disney World, that’s right Disney World. Of course it was at Victoria and Albert’s and was a truly incredible meal. Memorable and very expensive.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

People have been asking how do you know someone is a suite guest. You dont always know each guest. But there are various ways. Ive seen cards, overheard conversations, had waiters tell me, had maitre d's tell me.  On my last cruise the maitre d told me 1/3 of the suite guests were dining in Blu every night.  And again, I have no issues with the guests themselves as long as the rules allow it and they dont push for special treatment. Its Celebrity and the maitre d's I have an issue with.

30 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

.  On my last cruise the maitre d told me 1/3 of the suite guests were dining in Blu every night.  

TO me, it should be disturbing to Celebrity that 1/3 of their suite guests would prefer to eat in Blu than Luminae…..  something is wrong if this is true, even if only on some sailings.  Luminae is such a great venue, far superior to Blu, but somehow that is notgetting through.  

We loved Blu when we sailed in Aqua and before Luminae but it's just no contest between the two as far as service or food is concerned.  What is wrong that so many prefer Blu?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Safe and pleasant journey!

First part completed with no issues despite my wife worrying about the weather for at least a week.

4 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

TO me, it should be disturbing to Celebrity that 1/3 of their suite guests would prefer to eat in Blu than Luminae…..  something is wrong if this is true, even if only on some sailings.  Luminae is such a great venue, far superior to Blu, but somehow that is notgetting through.  

We loved Blu when we sailed in Aqua and before Luminae but it's just no contest between the two as far as service or food is concerned.  What is wrong that so many prefer Blu?

I think all cruise crew tend to over exaggerate things. From experience the Luminae staff keep an eye on where their guests are eating to see if they can help them if they are having issues with Luminae.

On 2/4/2020 at 11:36 AM, phoenix_dream said:

I thought this topic would generate some opinions, and you did not disappoint😉.  I wanted to make a few points based on some comments.  

In the past three years, I have sailed more than 20 times on Celebrity - one in a suite and the rest in Aqua Class (and a number of cruises in AQ before then).  In all of those cruises, I have never encountered Blu "half-full", except right before the 9:00 close.  (I never showed up before 7:00, so perhaps it is half-empty at that time but I certainly don't want to eat that early)

I realize that there may be Maître d's who turn suite guests away in Blu.  In all of those cruises I have never encountered one to my knowledge, and regularly encounter suite guests regardless of the crowds.  I don't deny it can happen, but I can say for sure it does not happen enough.

I acknowledge that Reflection is the worst case scenario, but I have encountered difficulty in getting seated between 7:00 and 8:30 on almost all of the cruises.  Certainly not every single time, but enough to make it problematic.

As I stated in my original posting, yes, I understand why the process was initially started.  But much has changed since then (in particular the addition of Luminae) so I think the process needs to be re-evaluated.  

I wonder how you know who are suite guests.

2 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

They ask for your room number when you enter either Blu or Luminae

I'm well aware of that. My question was for the poster, not the staff. Seems like there must be a lot of detective work going on.😉

1 minute ago, Ma Bell said:

I'm well aware of that. My question was for the poster, not the staff. Seems like there must be a lot of detective work going on.😉

Probably based on what someone else said (like the host or the Md). I learned about 16 cruises ago that the staff often tell you the first thing that they think about rather than what actually happens. I seem to have become cynical in my old age but the number of times you are told one thing and it turns out to be the exact opposite that is the truth. 

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

We didn't love blu when we used to sail AQ- now that we typically sail sky suites- as you say- no contest between blu and Luminae- don't get it?

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

I don't think there's anything WRONG with Luminae per se, but having just completed a cruise where we dined all seven nights in Luminae, I do understand why some guests would choose to eat in Blu (or another venue) some nights. Luminae's menu is relatively limited, with only four entrée choices each evening, and very seafood heavy. If you are not a seafood person and don't realize that you can ask for off-menu items, Luminae could get boring in a hurry (especially on a B2B where menus are repeated). Furthermore, the Luminae menu is frequently described as overly fussy or "too frou frou" for picky eaters, non-foodies and/or "meat-and-potatoes" types. A friend of mine just sailed Equinox in a suite - she LOVED Luminae, while her picky husband hated it and ate most of his meals in the buffet. They didn't try Blu, but I am guessing they would have found it a better compromise to satisfy both of them.

I agree with you fully that the service is better in Luminae and the overall food quality is higher, but there were a couple of menus that didn't impress us at all. Normally on those nights, we would go to Murano, but we were on Summit so we didn't have that option. We didn't think to go to Blu, but next time we would consider it on those lackluster nights in Luminae.

One-third of suite guests does seem like quite a high number, but then again, suite guests are probably more likely to be doing long cruises and or B2B cruises where extra variety might be welcome. There could also have been a poor chef in Luminae on that particular sailing.