Pricing

ginger123snaps

We are a family of 5.  I inquired about Celebrity Edge pricing for us.  I was told the only room available that would hold 5 was the penthouse suite and it was priced at $56,000.  So I'm not new to cruising.  We have 25+ cruises under our belts.  We have cruised all categories on mainstream cruises ranging from NCL Haven/MSC Yacht Club to Oceanview.  I know I can get 2 cabins.....done all that.  

$56,000????????  Do people really pay that?  I'm thinking if I had that kind of money then I would NOT be sailing a mainstream cruise line.  Who are they trying to target?  If someone pays that then good for them...but WOW...I'm floored and amazed!  

There are people who cruise who have no issues with paying that price.  That's why Celebrity charges that much -- they can get it.  It's all about supply & demand.

Celebrity has greatly increased their cruise prices, especially for Suites.  I refuse to pay the prices they charge for AQ & CC, but that's my choice.    🍷

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ginger123snaps said:

We are a family of 5.  I inquired about Celebrity Edge pricing for us.  I was told the only room available that would hold 5 was the penthouse suite and it was priced at $56,000.  So I'm not new to cruising.  We have 25+ cruises under our belts.  We have cruised all categories on mainstream cruises ranging from NCL Haven/MSC Yacht Club to Oceanview.  I know I can get 2 cabins.....done all that.  

$56,000????????  Do people really pay that?  I'm thinking if I had that kind of money then I would NOT be sailing a mainstream cruise line.  Who are they trying to target?  If someone pays that then good for them...but WOW...I'm floored and amazed!  

The only thing I can say is, on our Edge sailing in November, All Iconic Suites were booked and occupied.

I met one suite occupant at a scotch tasting and they were reluctant to talk about the suite and I fully understand the reason(s)...

But from what I could glean, they were enjoying it tremendously... family of five (5).

bon voyage

With expereince, a bit of canny re-pricing, on board booking etc you can get the penthouse (and other upper suites) for far less.  But it does take some doing. Pople tend not to talk too much about what they actually paid.  But Edge prices are jaw droppingly high....

2 hours ago, ginger123snaps said:

if i had that id snap up BOTH garden villas on the NCL ships and enjoy the 10000 sq feet of cabin and deck space. at least when they are priced 20 to 30K you are getting that much space. i never researched edge but have to assume at least 4000 for that price with all the expected outside amenities

wonder what the penthouse costs on christmas 🙂

Celebrity pricing in general is causing us to look at other vacation options.  We're doing a 6 night western Caribbean in June on the Equinox that we got for a decent (not great) price on board, but family looking at it now are seeing $2300 pp for Aqua (with perks). It's 6 nights, with 3 ports!  We're doing a 9 day tour in France this fall for that price!!  

I’m pretty sure the S3 Sky suites On Edge have connecting cabins. The two inner S3’s connect to inside cabins with a shared hallway, and the outer S3’s connect to a C3 cabin. Would two adjoining cabins work for a family of 5?

I don't see the big deal here. On their website they don't even allow you to look for cabins for more than 4 people, you have to chat with them, so clearly they do not have many cabins for 5 people and what they have is very pricey. Personally, I wouldn't pay that per person price for even 2 people, but I'm sure that someone will.

12 hours ago, ginger123snaps said:

.....$56,000????????  Do people really pay that?....... 

I Don’t!!! Move the decimal point over and that would approach what we pay for the two of us........It would have been priceless to see your face when the gave you that price. I’d strongly recommend this is when it’s a good idea to contact a good local TA and work with them on options. 

Den

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Denny01 said:

I Don’t!!! Move the decimal point over and that would approach what we pay for the two of us........It would have been priceless to see your face when the gave you that price. I’d strongly recommend this is when it’s a good idea to contact a good local TA and work with them on options. 

Den

imagine the OBC..maybe 5 or 10k 🙂

22 hours ago, GACrusin said:

Celebrity pricing in general is causing us to look at other vacation options.  We're doing a 6 night western Caribbean in June on the Equinox that we got for a decent (not great) price on board, but family looking at it now are seeing $2300 pp for Aqua (with perks). It's 6 nights, with 3 ports!  We're doing a 9 day tour in France this fall for that price!!  

Food and drinks with all transportation, in France..

Are you sleeping in the car? Eating pbj’s? 

FWIW, Bride and myself are on the Edge in March, balcony cabin, $2300 all in, 4 perks..booked during the Veterans Day sale...

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2020 at 8:55 AM, Wine-O said:

There are people who cruise who have no issues with paying that price.  That's why Celebrity charges that much -- they can get it.  It's all about supply & demand.

Celebrity has greatly increased their cruise prices, especially for Suites.  I refuse to pay the prices they charge for AQ & CC, but that's my choice.    🍷

Agree...I am in my last CC cabin in April.  After that I have only booked veranda.  Don't need the extra points since I'll never make it to Zenith in this lifetime.  Elite plus is fine with me.

I just booked a veranda on edge. Granted, it’s for 2022. 2 years away. This will be our first time in a regular balcony cabin. Previous cruises have all been AQ. The next two will be suites. A 10 day southern Caribbean was 1800 x2. That included all 4 perks, plus 425 in obc from TA. 

We're happy in a basic suite (translation-more room). Once the pricing approaches $1000/day, a luxury line such as Seabourne or Silversea (don't like Regent) seems much more appropriate. A basic Silversea cabin with veranda is approx. 345 ft/2. Not a suite but certainly big enough to be comfortable with just about everything included. Even though it's a bit more formal than I prefer, the cruise experience isn't just excellent-it's outstanding. While many don't consider Oceania luxury, I see them as a big step up from the mass market lines (Celebrity included). 

The big divide is when you can sail in a Sky Suite with 4 perks and keeps your costs under $700/day as we're doing this month. I still believe that you can get good value from Celebrity.