Will the "Best Sale Ever" offer be extended?

AtlantaCruiser72

Usually within a week or so a of an offer ending Princess announce their next offer and what date it starts.  The "Best Sale Ever" offer is scheduled to end on 2/29 and no sign yet of a new offer after that from Princess.  Could this be a sign that it will be extended?

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

I haven't heard anything as of yet but, with everything going on in cruise news, it may not be a bad idea.  On the other hand, they are a ship short so some are rebooking on what they would consider 'safer' itineraries ... so maybe bookings really aren't down.  

I know their Sip and Sale package comes out late spring ... I think in May?  

Just before or after that one, they have the 3 for Free promotion.  

But, I haven't heard anything solid as to when the new promo is coming out.  By far, the BSE is the best one I've ever seen offered.  

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I haven't heard anything as of yet but, with everything going on in cruise news, it may not be a bad idea.  On the other hand, they are a ship short so some are rebooking on what they would consider 'safer' itineraries ... so maybe bookings really aren't down.  

But, I haven't heard anything solid as to when the new promo is coming out.  By far, the BSE is the best one I've ever seen offered.  

Last year Sip and Sail was June 13 - July 16th I think. A big travel agent does something similar in May with gratuities also. I wonder if that will be as big of a sale after BSE. 

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Last year Sip and Sail was June 13 - July 16th I think. A big travel agent does something similar in May with gratuities also. I wonder if that will be as big of a sale after BSE. 

That TA threw in the gratuities after the fact as well ... once the BSE came out.  Nice, huh??  They said they didn't want to be outdone by the BSE so they matched it. 

3 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

We don't drink alcohol and already have free Wifi minutes so I'm hoping for a new promo with gratuities and OBC.  A specialty dinner would be nice too.  And of course a lower fare on our cabins to make it work 🙂

You might like the 3 for Free sale ... 

You get a free room category upgrade (location really), gratuities and onboard credit.  Who knows, maybe they will throw in a specialty dinner ... from time to time, they do.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Usually within a week or so a of an offer ending Princess announce their next offer and what date it starts.  The "Best Sale Ever" offer is scheduled to end on 2/29 and no sign yet of a new offer after that from Princess.  Could this be a sign that it will be extended?

I think Princess is competing with Celebrity and NCL (and maybe more) who offer Big Better Best promos and promos where you pick your offers.

This was a game changer in that it could "be added to other promos". It wouldn't surprise me if it is extended (as Princess needs bookings now due to cancellations) or some how available to people in the future who book cruises and get to pick their bonus items. Other lines have had huge success rate with these.

Edited by Coral

It's not like this BSE is free added on to your cruise.............You are paying to have this and if you elect you don't want  the offer you can book that way and pay a lower price.

Edited by Jimbo

So we added the 3 for free offer & free Wi-fi to our Alaskan cruise for this May, for a better fare from original booking.  When the BSE offer came out the only thing not include was the drink package but for a much higher cost that our fare.  We are not big drinkers on an Alaskan cruise itinerary anyway, so don't see the value in it.  When looking at the stripped down fare with no perks, the price was still higher than our original fare.  So I don't see much value in some of these promotions, because actually you are paying for it in the long run.  Prices have continued to increase as we approach May, even with all that is going on.  Guess it just depends on the cruise and itinerary your looking at, but for us we just stuck with what we had booked almost a year ago.

13 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

10 hours ago, Coral said:

Last year Sip and Sail was June 13 - July 16th I think. 

S&S Promo is followed by Landmark which runs to just after Labor Day and then 3FF starts.  That has been the order of things in recent years.  Anniversary sale at end of year. 

Not sure what is going to fill the gap between B.S.E. and S&S.

On 2/24/2020 at 12:20 PM, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Looks like there will be a new fare option:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I had suspected that BSE was a trial run for this, and for one am VERY glad to see it - both as a consumer as well as a seller of travel!!!!!

I saw an ad for BSE on TV this evening. It said ending date was 2/29/20, so no extension.

8 hours ago, caribill said:

I saw an ad for BSE on TV this evening. It said ending date was 2/29/20, so no extension.

Well - it's not being extended as BSE, but rather being relaunched on 3/2/20 as "Princess Plus" fares - a new  fare option that will have all the same inclusions as BSE and will be available on all ships/dates/cabins and they will alternatively offer "Saver fares" for those who wish a no-frills booking option

image.png.c3571a86fabf5ff5f8d5e8b397d863a0.png

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fishin' musician said:

$40 per person per day for gratuities, WIFI and premier drink pkg.

40$ for a WIFI just sounds wrong. Isnt there a separate plan? Why would you pay for something that should already be included or cost just a little? 40$ for the drinks? are you serious? I would rather have some nice meals for those 40$. Drinks shouldnt be a part of the deal. Its just not worth it and the drinks are crapiest ones Iam sure 

2 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

40$ for a WIFI just sounds wrong. Isnt there a separate plan? Why would you pay for something that should already be included or cost just a little? 40$ for the drinks? are you serious? I would rather have some nice meals for those 40$. Drinks shouldnt be a part of the deal. Its just not worth it and the drinks are crapiest ones Iam sure 

$ 40 = $ 10 for wifi, $ 15 for grats, $ 15 for PBP pp pd

• Like 1

If you think about it, you can get a much better deal prepurchasing an unlimited internet package before the cruise for both of you, even better once onboard if you are at least at the Platninum level, than paying the $10 per person per day BSE rate.

Then when it comes to paying the BSE rate of $15 per person per day for free gratuities, only the suite and mini-suite guests make out on that deal. If you have a balcony or lower cabin, the daily per person fee is $14.50.

So the way I see it the only real cost effective perk you get at the BSE rate of $15 per person is a Premium Beverage Package. But then if you're not heavy drinkers, is paying the full $40 per person per day BSE rate really that great of a deal? Personally I hope they don't extend the BSE promotion past the end of February.

Edited by Ken the cruiser