RCL Stock

heidikay

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

Supposedly you will be fine by Easter is what I just heard the President say on TV.  

The Battle is almost over, the light is at the end of the tunnel he says... so don’t worry about it. (No scarism font, it’s what he said)  Is it the truth, or words.  Time will tell. 

LOL, meanwhile everything in Spring and now going into summer is cancelled. Just print 10 more Trillion. All good.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RoyalC said:

RCL extends global cancellations to May 12. As expected by most. Wonder if any effect on stock price. Markets are never rational. 

just put in a limit order in case it drops over this news.

They waited for the market to close. 

• Haha 1

$36.03 Bid after hours. Way up over closing price. You could torpedo the ships and it would go up another $20.00. 

Maybe they should have announced closing until August, stock would be $50.00 per share the way Wall Street works.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am surprised that they didn't wait until Friday after closing.

I'm surprised it is rising after hours. It shows the Fed punch bowl keeps getting filled. Insiders know what to do, and there are plenty of them.

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am surprised that they didn't wait until Friday after closing.

I am too.

I was going to wait till the first quarter financials came out, but figured as freaky as people are with the market right now...

58 minutes ago, RoyalC said:

$36.03 Bid after hours. Way up over closing price. You could torpedo the ships and it would go up another $20.00. 

Maybe they should have announced closing until August, stock would be $50.00 per share the way Wall Street works.

As we speak it is $36.95. Barrons came out Friday with a 18 month price target of $80.00

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

As we speak it is $36.95. Barrons came out Friday with a 18 month price target of $80.00

Looks like a spike to $48.00 but that would have been someone putting in an order improperly- limit order mistake likely.

Barrons probably owns stock. Amazing how "analysts" will upgrade at the top to get that last minute push to sell stock, or downgrade after a big selloff to scoop up some shares. No one can say what the 18 month target is with a straight face.

I personally would not mind it going down to $8, then up to $80 in 18 months after I load up on shares, while sipping on a martini in the D lounge- laughing the whole hour. Money/Wealth is made in recessions. Can't imagine the big boys would settle on ~$19.80 from last Wednesday when this is bigger than the last recession that gave us pricing around $6.00 per share.

2 hours ago, RoyalC said:

Yep, there's quite a random element.  When people try to apply math to it, it is laughable.  The market just displayed a "double butterfly reverse elbow pattern"   Lol, who cares, the market sure doesn't.  What ever did happen to the technical analysis crowd?  Did they move on to something else besides the unpredictable stock market?

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Yep. I may be wrong but I don’t see it going down again nearly as low as before and maybe not below $30.  The cliff jumpers have already sold, now then those off us who buy in a down market staring gobbling it up (bad visual, but true). DH and I have jobs we can’t step away from to buy stock during the day so I missed the very bottom with my contingency order since I bet about $3 below the bottom for my second round of buying. Anything could happen, but I think we are going to be on a slow trip back up. 

and ... I made a nice 1 day profit of NCL today as well. Now Carnival I didn’t buy - I don’t cruise on the line and they own Princess (aka face of cruising coronavirus- bad luck, but they will take a bigger hit as a result).

Edited by AlohaLivin

55 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

Yep. I may be wrong but I don’t see it going down again nearly as low as before and maybe not below $30.  The cliff jumpers have already sold, now then those off us who buy in a down market staring gobbling it up (bad visual, but true). DH and I have jobs we can’t step away from to buy stock during the day so I missed the very bottom with my contingency order since I bet about $3 below the bottom for my second round of buying. Anything could happen, but I think we are going to be on a slow trip back up. 

and ... I made a nice 1 day profit of NCL today as well. Now Carnival I didn’t buy - I don’t cruise on the line and they own Princess (aka face of cruising coronavirus- bad luck, but they will take a bigger hit as a result).

Anything can happen. Normally when you hit a bottom there is a lot more pain. I haven't seen any cliff jumpers so to speak. Technically, the indicators say buy for now. I can't wrap my head around the fact that this slowdown is far worse than 9-11 and the 2008 crisis, and the tech bubble of 2000, yet the stock price is far stronger than those dates. The manipulation these days is through the roof- Fed, Government, insiders, etc. If anyone ran a household like this, we would all be bankrupt a long time ago.

This would be the shortest bear market ever by a mile. Whatever

• Like 1

I'll just wait patiently.  Waited all these years to buy because I was not going to buy RCL in the triple digit range. There were other companies with better PE ratios and dividends.  At these price levels, I am willing to take a small gamble and hope the company rebounds.  If not, then we will see RCL declaring Chapter 11 in about 18 months or so.

8 hours ago, yogimax said:

Yes!  I live in Astoria, the home of the world famous Steinway pianos.  During World War II, the company switched production from pianos to gliders that would fly behind enemy lines.  If a piano company could make airplanes, one would think we would have companies that could make face masks!

My dad flew the huge planes (B-52?) that picked up those gliders and dropped them behind enemy lines. He said that they had to fly low between like goal posts and catch a wire to pick the glider up and tow it aloft so they could fly and land.. He said the plane would almost stop in midair when they caught the gliders, and apparently they carried troops and jeeps. Huge things. How interesting. I didn't know they were made by Steinway. :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Up over $40 in pre market.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Saw that.

bought 100 @$37 and 100@$20.  Tempted to sell the 100@$37 and wait for the next dip but as crazy as it the stocks been wondering if it will take that dip. 

I just don't get it. A nonoperational company that provides a non-essential service when it is functioning. What am I missing?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I just don't get it. A nonoperational company that provides a non-essential service when it is functioning. What am I missing?

I’m guessing that everyone initially panicked fearing the worst, now buyers are realizing that there is still value in the company and the markets correcting itself 

22 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The stock market doesn’t move in a straight line. If we are on a recovery we just witnessed the shortest bull market in history (I doubt that). This just a bump up before the next fall.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m guessing that everyone initially panicked fearing the worst, now buyers are realizing that there is still value in the company and the markets correcting itself 

Well, I'll admit I bought in yesterday. Put in enough that I won't cry if I lose but will be pleased if I bet correctly. 

• Like 2