P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Another big shout for the NHS today.  Went to my doc with a red area above my eyebrow which I had used the fluoracil cream on and made it very red and angry for a week.  She didn't like the look of it, so sent me to Dermatology in Plymouth.  Lovely young lady doc looked at it, couldn't find anything wrong with it, but checked the rest of me and found a basal cell carcinoma which I had been told was something else.  So she froze it and I'm very glad I went!   She had noted I was cabin crew so therefore had spent 18 years sunbathing 😞

I'm pleased it tuned out well for you Jean. I shudder to think how we you used to sunbathe years ago. 

Avril

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Another big shout for the NHS today.  Went to my doc with a red area above my eyebrow which I had used the fluoracil cream on and made it very red and angry for a week.  She didn't like the look of it, so sent me to Dermatology in Plymouth.  Lovely young lady doc looked at it, couldn't find anything wrong with it, but checked the rest of me and found a basal cell carcinoma which I had been told was something else.  So she froze it and I'm very glad I went!   She had noted I was cabin crew so therefore had spent 18 years sunbathing 😞

Well done to the young lady doctor for checking other moles and finding a BCC and hopefully the freezing clears it for you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brian1 said:

Big shout out for NHS Kent.Our 8 year old grandson complained of dizziness yesterday morning, the GP took a bloodtest and phoned at 4pm to say he has high potassium and to get to hospital.They took him to Pembury near Tonbridge and was seen straight away and had ECG,blood and other tests.He was very brave with leads and canulars coming from all directions.Bottom line it was a false reading and given the allclear.Daughter was very impressed but very stressed out at the same time,cheers,Brian.

I would also like to sing the praises of Pembury Hospital in Tunbridge Wells and the NHS though sadly my husband died in there last Monday. He had had a planned operation on the Friday, I went to see him on Saturday he looked fine but very tired I went home feeling much happier, then early Sunday morning he rang and said he needed an emergency operation now. He never recovered and was on so many machines and drug lines, they tried so hard but unfortunately it wasn't to be, but I know they did everything possible for him and they were so kind to us. Thankfully he didn't suffer for which we were grateful for he just went to sleep.          Doreen

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Grando said:

I would also like to sing the praises of Pembury Hospital in Tunbridge Wells and the NHS though sadly my husband died in there last Monday. He had had a planned operation on the Friday, I went to see him on Saturday he looked fine but very tired I went home feeling much happier, then early Sunday morning he rang and said he needed an emergency operation now. He never recovered and was on so many machines and drug lines, they tried so hard but unfortunately it wasn't to be, but I know they did everything possible for him and they were so kind to us. Thankfully he didn't suffer for which we were grateful for he just went to sleep.          Doreen

Oh no Doreen, I'm so sorry. 

Our thoughts are with you. 

Michelle & Andy x

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Grando said:

Oh Doreen I am so sorry to hear your sad news.

Sending you our deepest sympathy.

Graham & Pauline x.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Grando said:

So sorry to hear that,my  condolences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Grando said:

My condolences also.  It must be comforting to know that everything possible was done for your husband, despite your terrible loss.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope Doreen got some reasonable sleep last night; it really helps when there’s tough things to face

Well, today is beautiful.  Dry, sunny, fairly warm (short sleeves) now the day has come into its own.  We had the first of our puppy classes at 9am, when it was distinctly nippy.  In a beautiful venue - a racing stable/stud.  All those long low buildings, white fencing etc.  Pup was good, other than seeking out tasty racehorse poop! 🤢 Exhausted now

Freezer delight for supper (beef casserole) so a lazy rest of the day for me, after my early start

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I hope Doreen got some reasonable sleep last night; it really helps when there’s tough things to face

Well, today is beautiful.  Dry, sunny, fairly warm (short sleeves) now the day has come into its own.  We had the first of our puppy classes at 9am, when it was distinctly nippy.  In a beautiful venue - a racing stable/stud.  All those long low buildings, white fencing etc.  Pup was good, other than seeking out tasty racehorse poop! 🤢 Exhausted now

Freezer delight for supper (beef casserole) so a lazy rest of the day for me, after my early start

The horse poop made me smile. Freddie (now 5) still loves a munch and if not allowed to eat will happily roll in it. Oh, the joys of dog ownership......!!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Pup was good, other than seeking out tasty racehorse poop! 🤢 Exhausted now

21 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

The horse poop made me smile. Freddie (now 5) still loves a munch and if not allowed to eat will happily roll in it. Oh, the joys of dog ownership......!!

By tomorrow it will all be forgotten and before you know it ,they are giving you a nice slobbering doggy kiss :classic_unsure:

• Haha 1