P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I was supposed to fly down to Caribbean yesterday and was feeling a bit down but reading through the posts has cheered me up/

My mother used to work in a bank and had a customer called R U Batty, and the offices were on two floors and they would call up asking for details for R U Batty and the reply would come back  No are you?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

There was an article in the local paper a couple of weeks ago about a couple who had quickly rearranged their wedding to avoid this lockdown.  They really were Mr/Ms  White and Mr/Ms Christmas

... and they’re going to hyphenate

The White-Christmasses

Aaargh! 🌲 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

There was an article in the local paper a couple of weeks ago about a couple who had quickly rearranged their wedding to avoid this lockdown.  They really were Mr/Ms  White and Mr/Ms Christmas

... and they’re going to hyphenate

The White-Christmasses

Aaargh! 🌲 

They are going to have a field day naming there kids can you imagine ..

She gives birth to Mary ,Angel and Carol but are so desperate for a son they have

one more try, resulting in the first boy born .. The first Noel  !  :classic_smile::classic_unsure:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Having just seen Sky news with all the commotion with protesters

in various parts of the country regarding tier system and anti vaccine,

I am totally perplexed.    I just don’t understand the mentality of

some people.  

This dreadful virus does not spread itself, people spread the virus.

Why do I understand that but other people don’t?

Terri

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, silkworms said:

Having just seen Sky news with all the commotion with protesters

in various parts of the country regarding tier system and anti vaccine,

I am totally perplexed.    I just don’t understand the mentality of

some people.  

This dreadful virus does not spread itself, people spread the virus.

Why do I understand that but other people don’t?

Terri

Fortunately we rarely see the news over the weekend, far too busy watching or listening to all the sport.

• Like 1

I’m feeling chuffed with myself - 4 hours shopping and I’ve bought the remaining Christmas presents, before the end of November. A new record in this house.

The children and the other half will sort out the food - that’s definitely not my department. We have a standing order for a fresh turkey from a local farm which is always delicious. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi all would just like to say how much I’ve enjoyed reading all the posts this afternoon,  they have really cheered me up on what is a  cold damp Misty and now dark  November day they  have brought  back some lovely memories happy days.

I was at the doctor's and they called people when it was their turn.

A person called Elizabeth Orr was called.

The receptionist started calling.

E Orr,E Orr E Orr E Orr.

Myself and a few others couldn't stop laughing 🤣.

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, ann141 said:

You are all welcome to join me at Thoresby Hall next february!!

We really do all need to meet up once this is all over. Without sounding too mushy you've all become my CC friends and if I had your addresses you would be among the first on our Christmas card list this year. Not sure how we could organise a meet up but if it is easy I am happy to organise .... one day 😉

• Like 10

I have just come back to this thread after spending most of the afternoon on the phone, for some strange reason everyone seemed to want to talk to me today.  It has taken me a while to read through but I have really enjoyed it.  The posts about odd names made me remember a girl at school named Hazel Nutt, what were her parents thinking when they named her ?

When I was working, I went in one Monday morning to a note on my desk from our head of department that said "Sunday will be arriving from Nigeria on Monday"

Edited by Josy1953
Spelling
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just come back to this thread after spending most of the afternoon on the phone, for some strange reason everyone seemed to want to talk to me today.  It has taken me a while to read through but I have really enjoyed it.  The posts about odd names made me remember a girl at school named Hazel Nutt, what were her parents thinking when they named her ?

Classic

• Like 1

Just now, Josy1953 said:

Presto, I am sure that in your job you must come across some weird and wonderful names.  My nieces' children have friends who have names that I am sure are made up.

Oh yes but can't post on here or I would get the sack. One day when we have retired 😉

• Like 3