P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Leaving politics out of it I think they do a great job overall.

Having heard about some of the abuse they are getting at the moment first hand with their 'hands tied behind their backs' I really wonder why anyone would want to do the job. All credit to them.

• Like 10

Just out of curiosity, what’s happening about Covid vaccinations around the country?  Nothing at all here so far, with local GP practices saying they can’t start the programme because the promised vaccine for the highest risk groups still hasn’t arrived and won’t arrive until after Christmas at the earliest. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Just out of curiosity, what’s happening about Covid vaccinations around the country?  Nothing at all here so far, with local GP practices saying they can’t start the programme because the promised vaccine for the highest risk groups still hasn’t arrived and won’t arrive until after Christmas at the earliest. 

Same here Harry, nothing arriving at our local practice until end of Jan.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

My new blue passport has just arrived, only 9 days after I applied so impressed by the service. I am not impressed with the passport increase seems flimsy compared to the old red one.  I just need somewhere to go to use it, preferably a cruise. 😊😊

They made some changes to the red ones a few ago.  When I got my current passport about 2 years ago, the photo page was no longer laminated.  The laminated page gave the whole document a bit more sturdiness than the one replaced it.  What I do need to do though is put some tape over the European Union embossing on the cover! 😲

5 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

They made some changes to the red ones a few ago.  When I got my current passport about 2 years ago, the photo page was no longer laminated.  The laminated page gave the whole document a bit more sturdiness than the one replaced it.  What I do need to do though is put some tape over the European Union embossing on the cover! 😲

New number plates for me. Don't need that nasty little flag anymore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I wouldn’t do that if I were you, potentially tampering with an official document. All it takes is one jobsworth (here or abroad)to refuse it to cause you grief🥴

26 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Starting in early January for the over 80s who are in their own home. Care homes, staff and NHS staff well underway.

:classic_smile:  FOR YOUR AMUSEMENT ONLY   :classic_smile:

All year round we have figures given to us from all over the place but when it comes 

to our food how accurate is this poll taken 2019 ? 

Has our tastes changed during the pandemic year ?

So is a Bacon butty still top of the pops compared to a Cornish pasty ?

Does Black pudding deserve to be in the crap tier or should it be keeping the 

full English company up in the God food ? :classic_unsure:

FB_IMG_1607185777418.thumb.jpg.6e33dcb1a25f0c22cde9bb4b115c4599.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I wouldn’t do that if I were you, potentially tampering with an official document. All it takes is one jobsworth (here or abroad)to refuse it to cause you grief🥴

Don't I know it, having spent a career in a similar government jobsworth line of work!

I've actually got a removable dark blue cover.  Makes me happy and protects my flimsy passport.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

Same here Harry, nothing arriving at our local practice until end of Jan.

End of January? All our surgeries are saying is that they haven’t been given any vaccine or any information, but it won’t be this year.

With the new variant virus now spreading fast, I find this of great concern, particularly since Matt Hancock promised ‘several million’ by the end of December and so far we’ve just reached half a million or so. 

This looks like taking a very long time indeed, and it’s critically important. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I took my 80 year old (bubble) neighbour for hers last Wednesday, 16th to a local Health Centre where they were very well organised given that most of the recipients would have been taken to the Centre by car and dropped off. She reported they were working 8am-6pm and were getting through 300 people a day.  This is in SW Lancashire.

On the other hand, I spoke to a lady in 'my' tea party group* yesterday (the charity is actually called Re-engage and is an old one, but alas they have adopted a daft new name IMO) who is mid 80s and she fully expected to be in the first cohort of folk to receive the vaccine, but so far her Care Home had not been given a date, although some of the carers had been done.  

* I'm a volunteer not a participant ..... yet 😉

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, kalos said:

:classic_smile:  FOR YOUR AMUSEMENT ONLY   :classic_smile:

All year round we have figures given to us from all over the place but when it comes 

to our food how accurate is this poll taken 2019 ? 

Has our tastes changed during the pandemic year ?

So is a Bacon butty still top of the pops compared to a Cornish pasty ?

Does Black pudding deserve to be in the crap tier or should it be keeping the 

full English company up in the God food ? :classic_unsure:

FB_IMG_1607185777418.thumb.jpg.6e33dcb1a25f0c22cde9bb4b115c4599.jpg

I like much of the bottom level actually (except the jellied eels) 

Nothing beats a nice bit of Stornaway black pudding. Proper butchers haggis is also very tasty.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

My Mum is 92 and lives in a care home.  Heard nothing from them about what's happening re vaccinations (they normally touch base with me regarding the annual flu jab).  Maybe the staff are so busy doing other things, that sort of admin isn't a priority.  Visited her yesterday, and must admit I forgot to ask the staff.

A friend of ours works on a ward at our local hospital.  All they've been given is a box of lateral flow tests and told to test themselves twice a week!  The hospital is one of the vaccine hubs for the county.  Maybe not enough vaccines to roll out to group two?  There are a lot of care homes where we live.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

My friend works in a GP’s practice. They are hoping they can start vaccinating some time in January 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

End of January? All our surgeries are saying is that they haven’t been given any vaccine or any information, but it won’t be this year.

With the new variant virus now spreading fast, I find this of great concern, particularly since Matt Hancock promised ‘several million’ by the end of December and so far we’ve just reached half a million or so. 

In the briefing yesterday, I think I heard Johnson say that 500,000 had been vaccinated so far.

If I recall correctly, we had 800,000 doses delivered, enough for 400,000 people.

I’m wondering how all the 500,000 are going to get their second dose, unless we’ve had another delivery of vaccines that I haven’t heard about 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

In the briefing yesterday, I think I heard Johnson say that 500,000 had been vaccinated so far.

If I recall correctly, we had 800,000 doses delivered, enough for 400,000 people.

I’m wondering how all the 500,000 are going to get their second dose, unless we’ve had another delivery of vaccines that I haven’t heard about 

I've been wondering exactly the same since last night. Probably daft enough to assume the next batch is coming when promised, forgetting the old adage "a bird in the hand"... 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

And that date is not confirmed. The surgery has had to cancel everyone they had booked in for this week...

"This has happened to several other practices. We are so sorry to all our patients, and are as upset and disappointed as you are. This is something completely beyond our control. As soon as we have our confirmed delivery date we will be in touch. Thanks for your understanding during this difficult time."

• Like 1

Our surgery have not yet started contacting people on their surgery list but when they do they will not be administering the vaccine as you will be sent to County Showground in Stafford. They will give you 2 appointments for both doses of the vaccine and if you cannot make one of the appointments or cannot get to County Showground (which isnt easy for the elderly if they havent got a car) they will not administer the vaccine.

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

My new blue passport has just arrived, only 9 days after I applied so impressed by the service. I am not impressed with the passport increase seems flimsy compared to the old red one.  I just need somewhere to go to use it, preferably a cruise. 😊😊

I quite like the new passport, not as good as the pre EU black British passport, but  nice nontheless. Or maybe it's just because I like having my own British nationality back😇 As you say Josy, now we  need to be able to use it😊

Avril

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I would have thought the second dose would have been reserved for you because if you don't get it at the right time it might not work correctly. Maybe the 500,000 figure is actually something else like they have invited 500,000 but hope 100,000 say no, or the 500,000 refers to being in the post 🙄

• Like 2