P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I have now got used to hospital appointments by phone but was surprised as I had a phone appointment due at 3 30 today.I had just finished speaking to my daughter so listened to see if there were any messages.Apparently my phone appointment had turned into a message from the doctor(presumably because I didn't answer the phone?!)Basically saying after reviewing my case and because of covid they would send another (telephone appointment) in 4 months.As it was at the Eye Hospital and they didn't even ask me any questions perhaps their vision is better than mine!!

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Word of the day to guess (no Googling)

Halfpace

(yesterdays word pettifogging = placing undue emphasis on petty details; petty or trivial).

Sounds like a name that might be given to a slow native american.

But I guess it could have been used by some to describe how Boris has handled covid  not by me though, I would add.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Sounds like a name that might be given to a slow native american.

But I guess it could have been used by some to describe how Boris has handled covid  not by me though, I would add.

I have one of these in my house and I can categorically assure you that it has nothing to do with the PM or Americans. I am being good and avoiding politics (for now 😈).

• Haha 1

Might it be a clock of some sort?

It’s been an OK day here.  It’s a little warmer - positive temperatures all day from 9am and above zero temperatures forecast overnight.

My positive thought for today - apart from vaccination news, which sounds hopeful - is that the official sunset time for today is 4.24 but the actual *time of real darkness* will be half an hour later.  Not many more days till we don’t need draw the curtains till after 5

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I have one of these in my house and I can categorically assure you that it has nothing to do with the PM or Americans. I am being good and avoiding politics (for now 😈).

I think I know it , just checked and yes I do , I've come across quite  a few on the cruise ships as well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Might it be a clock of some sort?

It’s been an OK day here.  It’s a little warmer - positive temperatures all day from 9am and above zero temperatures forecast overnight.

My positive thought for today - apart from vaccination news, which sounds hopeful - is that the official sunset time for today is 4.24 but the actual *time of real darkness* will be half an hour later.  Not many more days till we don’t need draw the curtains till after 5

Keep the positive thoughts coming!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ann141 said:

Keep the positive thoughts coming!

The frost and snow looks lovely from my living room window

I’m getting through a lot of bird food 

Mary Berry’s roasted sausage and potato supper is both quick to prepare and delicious 

Trump just might get his comeuppance!

They are my today positives, will that do? 😉

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, pete14 said:

For many of us, weekend is not much different from the other 5 days. For the ‘workers’  - enjoy your 2 days off.

I was going to post a similar comment

Our week is punctuated by Sunday roast - a habit I had previously broken.  So that’s a ‘meat & 2 veg’ type meal eaten earlier in the day than the other 6 days, with a light tea or supper later.

And The Repair Shop on Wednesdays! You can forget all your troubles watching the experts’ prowess 🙂

37 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

The frost and snow looks lovely from my living room window

I’m getting through a lot of bird food 

Mary Berry’s roasted sausage and potato supper is both quick to prepare and delicious 

Trump just might get his comeuppance!

They are my today positives, will that do? 😉

Thats a great list! I might try to make the sausage supper.Thank you 🙂 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kalos said:

Enjoy your weekend :classic_smile:  Lets kick it off with a smile  :classic_wink:

FB_IMG_1610138690489.thumb.jpg.971928431385b9f1646f4ed0b4e1648d.jpg

If you think Debbie looks rough you should see what those of us trying to sort it all out look like 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂  Hic

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

For many of us, weekend is not much different from the other 5 days. For the ‘workers’  - enjoy your 2 days off.

Will most probably be doing school work Sunday but for now it is Friday evening and tomorrow is SATURDAY !!! Yeahhhhhhhhh

(Have run out of Carry On films so am guessing the ASDA order is the highlight of tomorrow ............. oh, and a very long lie in !!!!)

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Will most probably be doing school work Sunday but for now it is Friday evening and tomorrow is SATURDAY !!! Yeahhhhhhhhh

(Have run out of Carry On films so am guessing the ASDA order is the highlight of tomorrow ............. oh, and a very long lie in !!!!)

Actually from tomorrow I start 7 consecutive days of online ‘work’ meetings before another long break. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

I like that a lot and reassuring that I am perhaps not the only person checking how many extra minutes of daylight we get each day.  It is an extra step not just to more daylight but also nearer to the summer months.  Strange what effect these times can have on us isn't it 🙂

Edited by tring
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Presto2 said:

After years of retirement from teaching, I still feel a sense of relief that I can enjoy Sundays without the burden of knowing there was lots of school work to be done  (I taught mainly exam classes; GCSE and A level with a smattering of GNVQ).  I loved the classroom part, but oh the preparation and marking workload!  😔.  I don't believe it's got any easier so I feel your Friday evening joy!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1