P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

What did other's think when Matt Hancock said in the briefing he wanted us all to "have a Great British summer".  Personally I did not like the sound of that, or am I just being to sensitive, by reading something into it that was perhaps not meant?

Comments welcome please.

3 hours ago, tring said:

What did other's think when Matt Hancock said in the briefing he wanted us all to "have a Great British summer".  Personally I did not like the sound of that, or am I just being to sensitive, by reading something into it that was perhaps not meant?

Comments welcome please.

I imagine he meant that he hoped we would be able to enjoy a less restrictive summer, and if the EU gets its finger out with as comprehensive a vaccination programme as ours, then we may be able to have holidays abroad as well.

• Like 2

Morning everyone, well it a beautiful sunny day here but cold. Even though it’s cold it makes me feel better, going to take the dogs out for a nice walk soon, they have been out once already but it was still dark then so sure they will enjoy the sun too.
Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Drizzle here this morning but the good news is during my 45 minute walk I met absolutely nobody 🙂

Bright winter sunshine with blue sky's and 4c at least the minus figures have gone, for now :classic_smile:

6 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Lovely sunny day here.Going for a walk with a friend later but perhaps we should forego the take away coffee?!!

We had takeaway coffee yesterday on our walk. Just don't sit down to drink it. That's a picnic.🤣

• Like 1

With Pauline working from home I decided to give her car a much needed runout so I did a sales call 5 miles away.

It was -2 this morning but sunny.

Just noticed this email from Princess and I will be watching this tonight on TV.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210112_132535_com.google.android.gm.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It’s very wet but very mild here.  Went out early with the dog, thinking things were unlikely to improve - were correct! ️ 

Better forecast for tomorrow 

Did Santa bring anyone else Richard Osman’s novel The Thursday Murder Club?  It’s taking me a lot of effort to get into it, which is a surprise as it’s been a bestseller for weeks.  I’m off to have another feet up session with it.  Back later

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

It’s very wet but very mild here.  Went out early with the dog, thinking things were unlikely to improve - were correct! ️ 

Better forecast for tomorrow 

Did Santa bring anyone else Richard Osman’s novel The Thursday Murder Club?  It’s taking me a lot of effort to get into it, which is a surprise as it’s been a bestseller for weeks.  I’m off to have another feet up session with it.  Back later

I downloaded Michael Connelly's new book 'Fair Warning'. It's now residing cosily in my kindle alongside a few more waiting patiently for my next cruise, as am I😊

Avril

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I read it last year, I found it very hard to get into, very slow going! However much I enjoy watching Richard Osman on tv I don't think I will be buying any future books that he writes.

• Like 1

Do you think it sold just on his name then?  I like him on Pointless etc, when I can be bothered to watch; I love his dry wit on Twitter but, 90 pages in, I’m still not that bothered about picking it up again (as you can tell - I said I was off to read, still haven’t got there 🙄

Avril, I like Michael Connelly and the whole LA thing.  It might be Osman’s ‘classy retirement village’ schtick which I’m finding difficult.  Twee and clichéd.

I read another broadcasters book before RO.  Simon Mayo’s Knife Edge.  Journalism and terrorism.  Very bloody but very good (I thought).  
His first novel, was set in Dartmoor Prison in 1815 and based on true events with US prisoners of war (who knew?).  Very interesting bit of history.  Mad Blood Stirring.  £4 on kindle

25 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I read it last year, I found it very hard to get into, very slow going! However much I enjoy watching Richard Osman on tv I don't think I will be buying any future books that he writes.

Well, Speilberg has bought the film rights to the book, so Osman is probably doing OK! He also just signed a deal for a further two books.

I'll wait until his book appears on the Kindle Daily Deal for 99p and buy it then.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Well, Speilberg has bought the film rights to the book, so Osman is probably doing OK! He also just signed a deal for a further two books.

I'll wait until his book appears on the Kindle Daily Deal for 99p and buy it then.  

I'm glad he's doing ok, he comes across as a very nice man and I would probably watch the film when it comes out.

You might enjoy it, my husband did.

35 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I downloaded Michael Connelly's new book 'Fair Warning'. It's now residing cosily in my kindle alongside a few more waiting patiently for my next cruise, as am I😊

Avril

Lockdown closed our libraries  which I used regularly, so I switched to e-books from the library. They use a system called Libby, and it downloads easily to my tablet, and the beauty of it, for a tight Yorkshireman, is that it's free.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Do you think it sold just on his name then?  I like him on Pointless etc, when I can be bothered to watch; I love his dry wit on Twitter but, 90 pages in, I’m still not that bothered about picking it up again (as you can tell - I said I was off to read, still haven’t got there 🙄

Avril, I like Michael Connelly and the whole LA thing.  It might be Osman’s ‘classy retirement village’ schtick which I’m finding difficult.  Twee and clichéd.

I read another broadcasters book before RO.  Simon Mayo’s Knife Edge.  Journalism and terrorism.  Very bloody but very good (I thought).  
His first novel, was set in Dartmoor Prison in 1815 and based on true events with US prisoners of war (who knew?).  Very interesting bit of history.  Mad Blood Stirring.  £4 on kindle

Maybe? I could hear Richard Osman's voice as I was reading it and I think that can be a downside to celebrity written books, although I really enjoyed Graham Norton's book Holding.

My husband has bought Simon Mayo's Knife Edge so I will read that at some point. 

I like Michael Connelly books too and have got a few of those on my Kindle to read this year.

I'm currently reading Cilka's Journey by Heather Morris.

26 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Maybe? I could hear Richard Osman's voice as I was reading it and I think that can be a downside to celebrity written books, although I really enjoyed Graham Norton's book Holding.

My husband has bought Simon Mayo's Knife Edge so I will read that at some point. 

I like Michael Connelly books too and have got a few of those on my Kindle to read this year.

I'm currently reading Cilka's Journey by Heather Morris.

The latest Rebus came up on the Daily Deal for 99p, plus the latest Mark Billingham, so they are downloaded ready for reading. I'm working through the Cormoran Strike series at the monent - blimey,  they are long, long books!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

With Pauline working from home I decided to give her car a much needed runout so I did a sales call 5 miles away.

It was -2 this morning but sunny.

Just noticed this email from Princess and I will be watching this tonight on TV.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210112_132535_com.google.android.gm.jpg

Thanks Graham, we will be watching it and dreaming of what we could have been doing in May if Princess hadn't cancelled our cruise on Sky Princess.

• Like 1