P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

part of my 🐈 fence had been destroyed, I would like to have words with whoever gave the 🐈 the bolt cutters 😠

I spent yesterday rebuilding it and bashing my frozen fingers with a big hammer 🥶

Remember, if you don't have the right tool you need a bigger hammer 😁

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, davecttr said:

part of my 🐈 fence had been destroyed, I would like to have words with whoever gave the 🐈 the bolt cutters 😠

I spent yesterday rebuilding it and bashing my frozen fingers with a big hammer 🥶

Remember, if you don't have the right tool you need a bigger hammer 😁

Gotta leave those old ladies pussies alone mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, tring said:

I like that a lot and reassuring that I am perhaps not the only person checking how many extra minutes of daylight we get each day.  It is an extra step not just to more daylight but also nearer to the summer months.  Strange what effect these times can have on us isn't it 🙂

Yes my auto timer on the standard lamp reminded that the days were getting longer this week, when it switched on with the sun still shining, but it was still needed in yesterdays snow storm and thick clouds. 

34 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Yes my auto timer on the standard lamp reminded that the days were getting longer this week, when it switched on with the sun still shining, but it was still needed in yesterdays snow storm and thick clouds. 

True the weather has a big effect on when it goes dark.  Sorry to hear you had thick clouds and snow yesterday, but must say we have had some very bright days and a lot of sun since the days started getting longer.  Our local rail service cancelled all their trains for yesterday by Thursday afternoon because of the forecast, but all we got is a light dusting of snow overnight which had become slushy by the time we got up and well gone by lunchtime.  We have had cold days but all ice has been thawing during the daytimes.

I was looking forward to some picturesque snow, but does not look like it will happen, but will be back to rain next week, so darker days and evenings.

Edited by tring

Well we've had nothing but bad news this week and now have just seen the news that a 737 has gone down just after take off in Indonisia. 3 babies on board. Just pray they managed a landing on water. Thoughts and prayers with everyone 😞

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Well we've had nothing but bad news this week and now have just seen the news that a 737 has gone down just after take off in Indonisia. 3 babies on board. Just pray they managed a landing on water. Thoughts and prayers with everyone 😞

That's terrible news. Sadly the rescuers are finding debris in the ocean. 

Avril 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Very sad to read just now that one of the Aberfan survivors has died of Covid aged 63. What’s even worse is that his poor mother is still alive at 90. 

Always a sad thing when your children go before you .:classic_mellow: Bless 

• Like 6

Got the Wii down from cupboard upstairs.not used it since we had new TV in 2016, as I thought mistakenly it would connect, but checking the e-manual for another issue came across how it could be connected and low and behold it worked. We have some exercise games for it and the balance board, so we can exercise whilst the weather is inclement, and a change from our walking route which is getting boring after 9 months. I can get a game of Golf in at Celtic Manor and a few other courses all from our living room. I had forgotten how many games we had for it, it was used at family parties and by the grandchildren, but we now get sole access for a few months, hopefully will help my weight loss program. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

Whatever’s ‘correct’, Monday will always be the first day of the week for me!

Monday the working week (though I spent most of Sunday doing work) but I am thinking positively and glad that this week will end at midnight 😉

• Like 2

Started to do my daily 4 mile power walk at 6.30 to avoid all the idiots without masks walking 3 abreast on the pavement.Had a few confrontations yesterday,lol.2 people on my route were washing their cars yesterday with water running across the pavement to the road.I knew what to expect this morning,2 strips of ice right across the pavement.Just thought of any old people walking past ending on their arse.

• Like 1