P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

12 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Hi guys!  :classic_laugh:

Just saw some of the recent posts, and very much appreciate your kind thoughts - you’re all a lovely bunch of people.  Just felt I should make a quick appearance to confirm all’s OK. And to say to Avril in particular that I hope you’re OK too - bad times, but remember that March and the arrival of Spring are just 7 weeks away! A bit of time in the garden, maybe well before then even, is a big tonic.

The posts quoted above have it spot on. Cruising, current affairs and politics (the last two can’t be separated) are my main interests, but none of them are really possible on these forums the way things are, so I haven’t got much to contribute really if I’m to keep within the rules of the game.

Thanks again for the kindness, and very best wishes to everyone.

Harry 🙃

Glad to hear from you Harry. Missed your banter.

Stay well

• Like 3

152859850_nhsthanks.png.1f1521d795552e7ce765b0497c2f06f0.png

1457613663_CovidHeroes.png.79c7a0c5d512fa1e852502529b10e5b9.png

Just my way of saying thank you to our posters on here (You know who you are )and all the UK Heroes who are working tirelessly a very big thank you !   

Talking of heroes 5 years ago we lost David Bowie this very day so I will post below a song in memory of him and a tribute to you our very own Heroes :classic_love:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Just saw some of the recent posts, and very much appreciate your kind thoughts - you’re all a lovely bunch of people.  Just felt I should make a quick appearance to confirm all’s OK. And to say to Avril in particular that I hope you’re OK too - bad times, but remember that March and the arrival of Spring are just 7 weeks away! A bit of time in the garden, maybe well before then even, is a big tonic.

The posts quoted above have it spot on. Cruising, current affairs and politics (the last two can’t be separated) are my main interests, but none of them are really possible on these forums the way things are, so I haven’t got much to contribute really if I’m to keep within the rules of the game.

Harry 🙃

Good to hear from you Harry and pleased you are keeping well.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Avril

Here’s a festive pup pic for you.  Exactly 6 months old now.  Lockdown has its compensations for me.  I wouldn’t have had her without Covid: without Covid I’d be somewhere warm on Iona right now 🙄.

Life isn’t an easy black or white thing, is it?

ED531512-32E9-49D2-8E65-0B7A1D0D0E72.jpeg

Very cute dog Eddie.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Harry 🙃

Great to hear from you Harry, glad you are OK. 

Now, are you sure you don't want to talk about flat batteries, Stoke or the weather... 😊

Keep safe, see you on the other side... 

Andy 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, kalos said:

Just my way of saying thank you to our posters on here (You know who you are )and all the UK Heroes who are working tirelessly a very big thank you !   

Talking of heroes 5 years ago we lost David Bowie this very day so I will post below a song in memory of him and a tribute to you our very own Heroes :classic_love:

Nice sentiment Kalos. 

Don't you think 'Kooks' may have been more appropriate for us lot😊

Andy 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

What a great post Kalos. Thanks so much. I was lucky enough to see David Bowie at the Finsbury Park Astoria in about 1970 - Alladin Sane. What a show, what a man, and what a memory.  Jane.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Going through the cupboards in the garage today spotted a box in the corner of the largest cupboard, discovered it was a box containing 6 bottles of wine we purchased in the Loire region, which would have been 2018. Our garage keeps quite cool, opened a bottle this evening it was fine. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Harry 🙃

Good to hear from you Harry, not that I was worried or anything😉 I'm just nosy that's all. Let's hope it won't be much longer before we cruise again and you come back to the forum. Until then pop in every now and again so we know you're ok. I keep telling everyone not to worry, but you know how some people can be😁 

Stay safe and take care

Avril

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Harry 🙃

Harry - glad you are well. 

Some of us could do with your support on here! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kalos said:

Todays  Business News Latest :classic_unsure:

FB_IMG_1610306099955.thumb.jpg.80b4a8374c2cbed7f5b3dd1cb4862356.jpg

Looks a bit like my primary school photo......🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Going through the cupboards in the garage today spotted a box in the corner of the largest cupboard, discovered it was a box containing 6 bottles of wine we purchased in the Loire region, which would have been 2018. Our garage keeps quite cool, opened a bottle this evening it was fine. 

Yes wine keeps for years.  How nice!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

The new Momemnts Magazine has just dropped through the letterbox, with an article about looking forward to summer 2022!!

Avril

We got that last week ,it had it's  "Moment " in our recycle bin ! :classic_unsure:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

It depends on whose house or garage it was in. If Snowhill had remembered it was there it  probably wouldn't have lasted as long as it had.

Avril

I had forgotten I had put it there, I think I put it up there with another box a year so ago when were doing some work on the room we keep the wine in, I remember bringing the Bordeaux down from garage  just before Christmas 2019, but then lockdown happened and forgot about it. Boosted our cache by 6 bottles, now 5 after we finish it off tonight. 

• Like 2