P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Milder here today, but overcast with a breeze. The snow's melted in the front, bit still lingering in the back garden with a frozen pond.

I'm seriously worried about our Harry now and Bobupandown. I'm sure something's wrong.😟 

Avril

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Milder here today, but overcast with a breeze. The snow's melted in the front, bit still lingering in the back garden with a frozen pond.

I'm seriously worried about our Harry now and Bobupandown. I'm sure something's wrong.😟 

Avril

Yes, when folks are regulars on here then just disappear for weeks it is concerning.

• Like 1

I do remember Harry saying he was busy and got other things to sort out .

If you look back several months through your own posts you find names of lots of posters who posted everyday and for one reason or another have dropped off the radar.

Lots of reasons, some posters would put it's Sunday today and certain posters would take delight in pulling that poster down for no other reason that they can or they know that poster has other views that do not match theirs. Lots of posters see this a walk, they don't need it, some have said they are leaving but pleased to say they have remained with us.

Some might think I don't think I am going cruising at all so have simply moved on and don't think they have to let us know they are OK.

If they do read this post then I hope they do drop a line to say all is well . When I decide to move on , I will give you all a weeks notice, so you can chill your drinks and shout " Hooray at last he has gone :classic_unsure:"

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

47 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Yes, when folks are regulars on here then just disappear for weeks it is concerning.

I have been known to take breaks for various reasons and so have many others who return eventually. 

The mood can be a killer sometimes, and other times you just lose track and feel like you are outside of the party... 

Harry likes a good debate, but even he must get bored of the political cycle... 

Lets hope they are all OK, but I have a feeling many will return when positivity around cruising does. 

Andy 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

I have been known to take breaks for various reasons and so have many others who return eventually. 

The mood can be a killer sometimes, and other times you just lose track and feel like you are outside of the party... 

Harry likes a good debate, but even he must get bored of the political cycle... 

Lets hope they are all OK, but I have a feeling many will return when positivity around cruising does. 

Andy 

I hope you are spot on Andy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

I've not known him disappear for this long before. I know he can be a bit naughty at times, but I don't remember seeing a post than could have had him banned😁 Maybe he's on a cruise😉

Avril

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Seriously Avril, from his most recent posts, I would say that Harry is not finding the forum worth his while.  He likes talking cruises; he likes political debate.  There’s no cruising, nor any real hint at when it might start; political debate doesn’t really work here and isn’t welcomed by The Management 

Lucky him if he has other interests to pursue

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Seriously Avril, from his most recent posts, I would say that Harry is not finding the forum worth his while.  He likes talking cruises; he likes political debate.  There’s no cruising, nor any real hint at when it might start; political debate doesn’t really work here and isn’t welcomed by The Management 

I used to use the forum just for cruise related things and would have periods where I didn't need/want to pop in. Now it has become more of a social something to do kind of thing, I can understand why people that are not fortunate enough to go for long walks or take the car for a run or are not fit enough to do a bit of decorating use the forum. On the first forum I used (Ship Happens) there was one old dear who was past cruising and couldn't get out and about but still loved to listen to other peoples stories and share her own.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I attached a post to Harry's opening thread post a few days ago and heard nothing.

He might have decided not to post which I can understand because he did get a rough ride from some posters.

Bob upanddown might have also give up posting until cruising returns.

I sincerely hope they are both well and nothing has happened to them.

Take care Avril.

Graham.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

I attached a post to Harry's opening thread post a few days ago and heard nothing.

He might have decided not to post which I can understand because he did get a rough ride from some posters.

I doubt it's anything to do with getting a rough ride.  I think that Harry, who let's be right, started some of the debates, was up to the job of defending his point of view 😄.  I miss his posts and hope he returns, but then, my views are not a million miles from his 😉

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I doubt it's anything to do with getting a rough ride.  I think that Harry, who let's be right, started some of the debates, was up to the job of defending his point of view 😄.  I miss his posts and hope he returns, but then, my views are not a million miles from his 😉

My only concern like Avrils is that both

@HarryPeterson and.

@bobupandown are both well and nothing has happened to them.

Graham.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

My only concern like Avrils is that both

@HarryPeterson and.

@bobupandown are both well and nothing has happened to them.

Graham.

I knew that Graham - you are both very caring and supportive posters; the backbone of this thread (along with a few others).  In fact, I’d say that the warmth and humour on this thread have contributed to my booking more P&O cruises as in, mostly nice folk on P&O 😊

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

I do remember Harry saying he was busy and got other things to sort out .

If you look back several months through your own posts you find names of lots of posters who posted everyday and for one reason or another have dropped off the radar.

Lots of reasons, some posters would put it's Sunday today and certain posters would take delight in pulling that poster down for no other reason that they can or they know that poster has other views that do not match theirs. Lots of posters see this a walk, they don't need it, some have said they are leaving but pleased to say they have remained with us.

Some might think I don't think I am going cruising at all so have simply moved on and don't think they have to let us know they are OK.

If they do read this post then I hope they do drop a line to say all is well . When I decide to move on , I will give you all a weeks notice, so you can chill your drinks and shout " Hooray at last he has gone :classic_unsure:"

Pauline doesn't know how to get on CC but she would email a cc friend who would let everyone know if anything happened to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrsgoggins said:

I knew that Graham - you are both very caring and supportive posters; the backbone of this thread (along with a few others).  In fact, I’d say that the warmth and humour on this thread have contributed to my booking more P&O cruises as in, mostly nice folk on P&O 😊

Since the first lockdown I think we have all bonded well on here and helped each which has been brilliant.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

I used to use the forum just for cruise related things and would have periods where I didn't need/want to pop in. Now it has become more of a social something to do kind of thing, I can understand why people that are not fortunate enough to go for long walks or take the car for a run or are not fit enough to do a bit of decorating use the forum. On the first forum I used (Ship Happens) there was one old dear who was past cruising and couldn't get out and about but still loved to listen to other peoples stories and share her own.

It's a way to connect to others. We all need human contact, even virtually.

Avril

• Like 10

AND on a completely different note........ I have just had the most PERFECT roast beef Sunday lunch. Beautiful  soft melt in the mouth medium roast beef, yorkies, roasties, parsnips, mange tout, broccoli, red cabbage, roast carrots and cauliflower cheese  and delicious thick gravy. All supplied by our local pub as a takeaway service. Well you have to help local businesses!!!!!!!!!!!! All washed down with a glass [or 2 ] of Cava. This is something I NEVER cook for just the 2 of us but was a real treat. Had worked up an appetite before with a long but cold dog walk and peeling the wallpaper off our lounge wall!!

Not a bad Sunday🤩

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

AND on a completely different note........ I have just had the most PERFECT roast beef Sunday lunch. Beautiful  soft melt in the mouth medium roast beef, yorkies, roasties, parsnips, mange tout, broccoli, red cabbage, roast carrots and cauliflower cheese  and delicious thick gravy. All supplied by our local pub as a takeaway service. Well you have to help local businesses!!!!!!!!!!!! All washed down with a glass [or 2 ] of Cava. This is something I NEVER cook for just the 2 of us but was a real treat. Had worked up an appetite before with a long but cold dog walk and peeling the wallpaper off our lounge wall!!

Not a bad Sunday🤩

Sounds wonderful.

• Like 2

I am new on here, and a bit of an interloper, so hope I have not trodden on anyone's toes.  And if we do ever get back to cruising, it would probably have to be Saga, for the ease of getting to the ship.

I do miss seeing my four local friends, but  spend more time talking to them on the phone, and emailing, sometimes with photos, which helps to keep us all going.  We certainly ring one another when feeling down, as a  bit  of sympathy and empathy goes a long way.  Good job the calls are included, up to an hour.  The same applies to our children, who in any case live a fair way away from us.  Otherwise I would certainly be more miserable.  I think the worst time for any of my little gang - all over 65 - is on waking up in the wee small hours, when everything seems so much worse.  But you know it will improve by breakfast time.

I don't  know how to do it myself,  but the 'funnies' people put on here also help, don't they.

• Like 11

To me the hardest part of being in lockdown is the loss of social interaction. I used to meet up regularly with friends for a meal or coffee, especially since we were all made redundant as it was a way to keep in touch. Even when the lockdown was lifted and we could meet, we didn't as there were more than six of us.

I am now getting my fix of social interacton from everyone on here so thank you all😀

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I am new on here, and a bit of an interloper, so hope I have not trodden on anyone's toes.  And if we do ever get back to cruising, it would probably have to be Saga, for the ease of getting to the ship.

I do miss seeing my four local friends, but  spend more time talking to them on the phone, and emailing, sometimes with photos, which helps to keep us all going.  We certainly ring one another when feeling down, as a  bit  of sympathy and empathy goes a long way.  Good job the calls are included, up to an hour.  The same applies to our children, who in any case live a fair way away from us.  Otherwise I would certainly be more miserable.  I think the worst time for any of my little gang - all over 65 - is on waking up in the wee small hours, when everything seems so much worse.  But you know it will improve by breakfast time.

I don't  know how to do it myself,  but the 'funnies' people put on here also help, don't they.

Hope so.

Screenshot_20210110_163609_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210110_163525_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210110_163352_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

• Like 1

Avril

Here’s a festive pup pic for you.  Exactly 6 months old now.  Lockdown has its compensations for me.  I wouldn’t have had her without Covid: without Covid I’d be somewhere warm on Iona right now 🙄.

Life isn’t an easy black or white thing, is it?

ED531512-32E9-49D2-8E65-0B7A1D0D0E72.jpeg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Hi guys!  :classic_laugh:

Just saw some of the recent posts, and very much appreciate your kind thoughts - you’re all a lovely bunch of people.  Just felt I should make a quick appearance to confirm all’s OK. And to say to Avril in particular that I hope you’re OK too - bad times, but remember that March and the arrival of Spring are just 7 weeks away! A bit of time in the garden, maybe well before then even, is a big tonic.

The posts quoted above have it spot on. Cruising, current affairs and politics (the last two can’t be separated) are my main interests, but none of them are really possible on these forums the way things are, so I haven’t got much to contribute really if I’m to keep within the rules of the game.

Thanks again for the kindness, and very best wishes to everyone.

Harry 🙃

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1