P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

That looks stunning 🙂 Oh to be there now.

We don't do alpine skiing (dodgy knee) but cross country -- well, we make an attempt.

Not sure if there is anywhere in Italy that is suitable. We have looked but not really found anywhere.

Funnily enough, I was just checking breaks in Rome for October half term. We went a few years back and had a stunning 5 days. Found a hotel in the Monti area by an amazing local, family owned restaurant. Amazing location (5 mins from the forum) and the food was amazing. The locals queued up every night for up to an hour just to eat there. 

Now find me somewhere like that for the snowy season where I won't break a leg and all will be well 😉

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all, just catching up so I hope @Adawn47friend is feeling better, so sad she caught Covid in hospital,it does seem to happen a lot.

John and I don’t give Valentines cards any more but John is in the kitchen getting our M&S meal cooked! Prawn cocktail, beef bourguignon and churros with chocolate sauce washed down with wine!

Sounds good.👍

• Like 1

Love the prickly heat honeymoon!  

Well, there was a brief lull in the rain, so we all got out and one of us (pup of course) had a good run round.  It was really nice to go out just ‘waterproofed’ rather than bundled up like a polar explorer.  It’s certainly much, much warmer here

So, a nice little sherry before lunch.  Aaah.  Netflix tonight - what a find!  Well, it is whilst we’re on the month free trial 🙂 We watched the new Tom Hanks on Friday.  It’s a long time since I’ve watched a cowboy (Pale Rider/The Unforgiven I guess) and I enjoyed this one, though it has its brutal moments.  It’s called News of the World. He has a stunning young co-star, who must have a heck of a career in front of her

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Eddie99 said:

Love the prickly heat honeymoon!  

Well, there was a brief lull in the rain, so we all got out and one of us (pup of course) had a good run round.  It was really nice to go out just ‘waterproofed’ rather than bundled up like a polar explorer.  It’s certainly much, much warmer here

So, a nice little sherry before lunch.  Aaah.  Netflix tonight - what a find!  Well, it is whilst we’re on the month free trial 🙂 We watched the new Tom Hanks on Friday.  It’s a long time since I’ve watched a cowboy (Pale Rider/The Unforgiven I guess) and I enjoyed this one, though it has its brutal moments.  It’s called News of the World. He has a stunning young co-star, who must have a heck of a career in front of her

We enjoyed News of the World as well. Tom Hanks did a great job acting himself! 

4 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I read on here a few days ago about people being logged out of the forum and having to sign back in multiple times. I've been fine until today  but now it's logging me out every hour or so. Is there anything that I can do to fix the issue?

It happens intermittently on my mobile phone usually every few weeks.

It happens several times for a day then okay for a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I read on here a few days ago about people being logged out of the forum and having to sign back in multiple times. I've been fine until today  but now it's logging me out every hour or so. Is there anything that I can do to fix the issue?

No, I'm still having the same problem, have done for a while.

In fact I went to reply and got kicked off and had to sign back in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I dont understand this at all  I get this log in/out  maybe 1 day every week - It has

been ok for me now for 4/5 days.    I dont do anything to correct it though

it is suggested it sometimes helps to  log out (on purpose)  close

any open CC tabs delete your CC cookies then log back in. 

It doesnt seem to be a problem for everyone at the same time but here is

a thread on the "Help"  page if you want to report it.  Helps them if you

say what you are using  PC laptop phone windows   applemac  and which browser.

edge opera firefox  safari  etc.     Also make sure you have the latest version of

your browser, if it doesnt update automatically.

6 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

All those discussing Portuguese custard tarts, John says the M&S ones are good. They sell them in singles in the bakery - I don’t like them! 😖😁

I will try them tomorrow, I have to collect a couple of things that I have ordered from M&S.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

I don't think we've heard from SarahHben for a while - perhaps you're having a break and just reading? I'm missing your posts.🙂

Sarah put a reaction on the card I posted this morning , so I know she is alive & kicking :classic_smile:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

- romantic Sorrento 

Love your story and I envy your honeymoon in Sorrento.  We went on honeymoon here is Scotland, the practical side of me put the money into the mortgage. As you can imagine prickly heat was not a problem!

We love Italy and have since been all over the country. Sorrento is one of my favourites. We always eat at Ristorante 'O Parrucchiano and have the cannelloni followed by a walk and some gelato.

I’m a wimp and go early or late in the season to avoid the heat!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

All those discussing Portuguese custard tarts, John says the M&S ones are good. They sell them in singles in the bakery - I don’t like them! 😖😁

Lidl’s bakery section also have delicious ones - unfortunately haven’t been able to shop there for a while.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Love your story and I envy your honeymoon in Sorrento.  We went on honeymoon here is Scotland, the practical side of me put the money into the mortgage. As you can imagine prickly heat was not a problem!

We love Italy and have since been all over the country. Sorrento is one of my favourites. We always eat at Ristorante 'O Parrucchiano and have the cannelloni followed by a walk and some gelato.

I’m a wimp and go early or late in the season to avoid the heat!

We had to go summer holidays and it was wonderful -- despite the heat rash. Have since learned that antihistamines work wonders to no more sandpaper skin. Ha ha

We  visited in 2019 as part of a cruise to celebrate our 25th. Happy memories and we are supposed to go back in August for 2 weeks. Can't see that happening though, but one day.

We will look out for your ristorante 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DamianG said:

We don’t buy cards for each other any more but I did manage to turn this out (with a bit of help from my mate Marks & my other pal Spencer). Happy Valentine’s Day!

794113BD-0182-46E2-BD55-76861EBE4045.jpeg

We have our scallops, beef bourgeon and whatever is for pudding coming later --- thanks to our dear M&S. (They must have made a killing this year !) 

• Like 1