Zaandam and Rotterdam Situation (merged topics starting March 22, 2020)

bouhunter

1 minute ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

IS HE KIDDING?????????????? I was joking when I said that I hoped he would let more than just the Florida Fifty disembark. No other state that took passengers limited it to people from their state. 

Is there any way for HAL to appeal this?

What would they appeal?  Has a final decision been made?  DeSantis's speech was not definitive.

1 minute ago, Tampa Girl said:

What would they appeal?  Has a final decision been made?  DeSantis's speech was not definitive.

Sounds pretty definitive to me:

"We are going to be willing to accept Floridians on board," he told reporters. "My understanding is most of the passengers are foreign nationals."

• Like 2

And to think, barely 2 weeks ago, the government of OMAN, in the Middle East, accepted our disembarkation without question.  Americans, Canadians, citizens of many other countries.

And, by the way, there was not a single Omani on board.

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Sounds pretty definitive to me:

"We are going to be willing to accept Floridians on board," he told reporters. "My understanding is most of the passengers are foreign nationals."

Well I hope all Foreign Nationals  never go to Florida again

• Like 9

1 minute ago, SeaMatesNYC said:

Please give the Governor the wiggle room he needs. He will rattle the saber of Florida for Floridians until a strong Federal statement is made, emanating from the White House task force. I remain optimistic that it’s coming. 

The haters who all have their ports closed to the World are out in full force!

14 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Is there any way for HAL to appeal this?

If HAL submits a plan that meets all the requirements and addresses the concerns of the Unified Command in Broward County it would seem possible.  Our governor has come across particularly tone-deaf and lacking facts in this situation, unfortunately, to the detriment of ALL involved; citizens of the state and people on those ships. 

• Like 6

Just now, Nymich said:

The haters who all have their ports closed to the World are out in full force!

They are crying out from the heart. I get it. I think everyone may just need to take a deep breath and a break and let the politicians do what they do and keep faith that Fauci and Birx will whisper in the President’s ear.  His words yesterday point to a hope for a humane outcome. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Max2003 said:

I am sure she meant 180!

Means full circle change, complete turn around . backpedal....changed position....  (idiom....)

Edited by hcat

2 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Very true.  Florida could also use one of the freight docks to set up a medical center.

But where would the medical personnel come form to man this center?

Kathy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

We all need a little break from this heart wrenching thread. 
Does anyone know how to post a recording of Love In Any Language ?

Google Love in Any Language.  I don't know how to post.  But, videos are there.

5 minutes ago, Sue from Canada said:

Let them dock at Half Moon Cay so the passengers can at least get off, stretch their legs, enjoy the sun, go for a swim etc.  And of course try to maintain social distancing.  

I like your idea.  And, with the size of the beach of Half Moon Cay and the island itself, social distancing would not be an issue.

If  you want to weigh in with your thoughts on Zaandam and Rotterdam docking in Florida, I recommend sending an email to the governor GovernorRon.Desantis@eog.myflorida.com  and the President  https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/.

This is not a political comment.  This simply is suggesting that if you have a comment to make regarding Zaandam and Rotterdam, now is the time to do it.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

Perhaps people might want to watch the Commissioners meeting from yesterday so they have an idea of what is really going on.  It was posted a few pages back.

Edited by Nymich

If you do a 180, you go in the opposite direction.

If you do a 360, you wind up right where you started.

Why are there 360 degrees in a circle?  Credit goes to the Greeks.

So when someone says they've come full circle, it means that they have come back to where they started.

• Like 1