Zaandam and Rotterdam Situation (merged topics starting March 22, 2020)

bouhunter

Copper, while we are waiting, I'd like to revisit something you posted last night (I think).

You mentioned that the Zaandam tried to emergency disembark two critically ill passengers on ventilators in San Andreas island (Columbia) but were that request was refused.

I continue to wonder why the Zaandam headed in towards the port of Manta (Ecuador) about two weeks ago.  Was that possibly also in an effort to get medical attention or emergency disembarkation for those two?

If not for medical assistance, what was that detour toward Manta for?  I suppose there might have been a storm.  Why else?

2 minutes ago, sansterre said:

Copper, while we are waiting, I'd like to revisit something you posted last night (I think).

You mentioned that the Zaandam tried to emergency disembark two critically ill passengers on ventilators in San Andreas island (Columbia) but were that request was refused.

I continue to wonder why the Zaandam headed in towards the port of Manta (Ecuador) about two weeks ago.  Was that possibly also in an effort to get medical attention or emergency disembarkation for those two?

If not for medical assistance, what was that detour toward Manta for?  I suppose there might have been a storm.  Why else?

It sure appears that way since Admiral Burke hinted that way in his presentation on Tue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ShipWalker said:

I'm with you on this one, Aquahound.  I just saw vehicle drive through an underpass and the "lights" disappeared. Flashing started when the sun hit the windshield again. (sun+heatwaves?)

You guys may be right. Now that the sun has moved a bit through the sky, some of the "flashing" has diminished, or even stopped. My resistance to the idea of the flashing being the sun's reflection was based on not being able to think of how they could look like they're flashing. Could it be down to refraction of the light through the heat waves between the vehicles and the camera?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fanpower said:

Pilot boat #5 at 6 knots out to sea. 

It says "Destination: Sea Trials" -  wonder what that means.

Sorry - That was "Boardwalk" not the pilot boat...

Edited by Vict0riann

Looks like that pilot is heading for the sea buoy because there's a container ship "Vanquish" (Netherlands registry!!!) inbound.  Oh, and just noticed another container ship "Caribe Navigator" inbound  But I could be wrong .....like so many others on this thread 😒.

2 minutes ago, Nymich said:

One of the HAL ship experts needs to check out FLL Beach Cam and let us know which ship that is!

Looked Like Zaandam but these webcams are starting to have problems probably because of the demand of people watching.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Copper, 😀 would the pilot boat go all the way out to where the ships are now?

Nope, the pickup point is one and a half mile east of the Port Everglades sea buoy. Go to the AIS map on the ptz site and look for the orange circle identified as "PE" - Pilot pickup will be east of that point

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nymich said:

One of the HAL ship experts needs to check out FLL Beach Cam and let us know which ship that is!

based on the angle - I'd guess Zaandam (considering the Hafnia Daisy is in the way)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BigJohnL said:

You guys may be right. Now that the sun has moved a bit through the sky, some of the "flashing" has diminished, or even stopped. My resistance to the idea of the flashing being the sun's reflection was based on not being able to think of how they could look like they're flashing. Could it be down to refraction of the light through the heat waves between the vehicles and the camera?

Yes. That and the fact the image is slightly pixelated. Just look at how the water moves. 

No biggie.  I totally understand how folks thought those were flashing lights.  Although, if those were real, they'd look like a lightning storm at night. :classic_tongue:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rjbean4 said:

Looked Like Zaandam but these webcams are starting to have problems probably because of the demand of people watching.

Thank you.  You have taken a few so I will agree! lol