Zaandam and Rotterdam Situation (merged topics starting March 22, 2020)

bouhunter

4 minutes ago, bluesea321 said:

"Two county officials confirmed the deal was signed by the county at about 3 p.m., and ship officials expected to sign momentarily.  But not everyone would be allowed off, and the disembarkment of passengers could go through Friday. “They’ll only get off the ship when the plane is ready” to take them to Europe or other locations, one official said.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-holland-america-deal-reached-20200402-v7bx2ecx4nbkpdujt4b57vbflm-story.html

I'm not so much worried about the "well" passengers , just want the sick people taken to hospital pdq.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, bluesea321 said:

"Two county officials confirmed the deal was signed by the county at about 3 p.m., and ship officials expected to sign momentarily.  But not everyone would be allowed off, and the disembarkment of passengers could go through Friday. “They’ll only get off the ship when the plane is ready” to take them to Europe or other locations, one official said.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-holland-america-deal-reached-20200402-v7bx2ecx4nbkpdujt4b57vbflm-story.html

The important thing is that they WILL get off the ship and end at least this part of the nightmare.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Queen of DaNile said:

The lone person sitting on the bench in the Port Everglades camera is going to witness quite an incredibly emotional arrival.

One lady had been sitting there forever and gave up the bench just a few minutes ago. Somebody else grabbed it!

1 minute ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Watching the webcams and see the beach cam just spanned out to show both ships.  Wonderful sight to see them headed for port.

Yes it is but after the Commissioners meeting I had no doubt this would happen!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, regnig said:

Wonder if the fellow sitting on the bench realizes he is in the company of close to 1700 people?

He has been there for a while now...…...I thought maybe I was looking at a still shot but it is live...………...wonder

how long he will stay there because I just read it will not start till after 5:30...…….

11 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

That fiasco was one of the most sickening and disgusting PREVENTABLE tragedies during WWII. However, I don't think it's an apt comparison. The USA was not on lockdown due to a deadly virus then and, since I visited a Holocaust museum in Florida in February during which the tour guide specifically talked about the St Louis episode,  I don't recall him saying that the people aboard were in danger of killing anyone with a pandemic. (sorry, this is a bit off topic)

I fully agree, very different circumstances.

• Like 2

Can you imagine what it will be like on board when they hear the Captains annoucment bell tones sound and then hear the Captain announce " We have been approved to dock". Overjoyed.

• Like 1